Octiber 31st News

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Dungeon!
An Interview with David R. Megarry

ByJames Maliszewski

If you started roleplaying in the late 1970s, as I did, odds are very good that your introduction to the hobby was Dungeons & Dragons. My first foray into the D&D rules was through the 1977 Basic Set edited by Dr J. Eric Holmes, which my mother purchased through a department store catalog in the summer of 1979. She originally bought it for my father, thinking he might be interested since he had been talking a lot about D&D (owing to many news stories about it at the time). As it turned out, that Basic Set instead ended on a shelf in the upstairs linen closet of my suburban Baltimore home, where I often eyed it with curiosity. It would not be until nearly the end of that year, during Christmas break from my school, that I finally took the game down myself and opened it for the first time.

Talk bout this article in the Discussion Thread

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

Bestiary Archive
Displacer Cube
By Daniel Dean

Last year, we held the latest of our Creature Competitions—this time, focusing on hybrids. After asking for your hybrid creations, we arranged a series of duels between sixteen lethal (and occasionally thoroughly quirky) contestants. In the end, your votes put the displacer cube on top of them all as the fan favorite.

Talk about this article in the Discussion Thread.

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter