Xbox 2HG Ladder

168 posts / 0 new
Last post
I have started a 2HG league, but its filling slowly. BrewskyUK had a great idea to start a 2HG ladder, so here it is.

Since there is already a 1v1 ladder going on and running smoothly, I would suggest we just follow the excellent framework setup by Monk1410 here, so all credit to him. You can read the details but Ive paraphrased the most relevant parts:

To climb the ladder you can challenge any team up to 2 positions above you. i.e. team 6 can challenge team 4 or 5. The match is best 2 out of 3 with the winner moving up to the position of the loser and everyone else being knocked down.

To challenge a player please use the following format in red
''(gamertag) challenges (gamertag)''

The 7 day period starts from the time and date shown on the forum. Then please post the results in green
''(gamertag) defeats (gamertag)''

If a team is challenging or being challenged it is unavailable until that match is over. Losing team must wait 72 hours before challenging the team it just lost to. I propose each team list 5 decks. Each match each team may use any of thier 5 decks. You may change decks between games.

The Ladder as it was drawn:

1 OCD Mortachi and o Astronomy o---SS, GM, CW, OD, MS
2 Saluki J and BrownBagSpecial---CW, GM, AS, AW, OD
3 opendamouf and crying thoughts---CW, AW, ED, OD, SS
4 CraigJ1410 and Harmless Brew---SS, CW, MS, CL, OD
5 Hakeem928 and MRxPO5TMAN---DP, CW, SS, OD, AW
6 EvilBuddha MC and KittyCOW---DP, CW, OD, BF, GM

UPDATE:

The Ladder:

1 CraigJ1410 and Harmless Brew---SS, CW, MS, CL, OD
2 opendamouf and crying thoughts---CW, AW, ED, OD, SS
3 Saluki J and BrownBagSpecial---CW, GM, AS, AW, OD
4 Hakeem928 and MRxPO5TMAN---DP, CW, SS, OD, AW
5 mknH8 2YAface and Dr pwns MD---SS, GM, MS, BF, CW 
7 OCD Mortachi and o Astronomy o---SS, GM, CW, OD, MS

Everyone is welcome to join. Post gamertags and deck choices to be added to the bottom of the ladder.

Brilliant, CraigJ1410 and Harmless Brew will use, SS, CW, MS, CL and OD
I suggest that 1 week after the deck packs we get the option to swap up to 2 decks for the new ones
I like the sound of this.  Maybe as there are only five teams at present, teams should only be allowed to challenge the team one position above them?  Otherwise slot 3 or 4 won't get challenged and will only bother to challenge 1st place.  I like Monk's suggestion about changing decks periodically.  Perhaps that could be a regular feature.  Be good to mix it up!  Also, random decking or a mirror mode feature would be quite good.  Maybe a feature deck ie. one team HAS to use a randomly selected deck determined by Saluki scrolling... Food for thought.
This all sounds great, Im open to any and all suggestions. Definitely agree we should be able to periodically change decks.

My partner and I will start with CW, GM, AS, AW, OD.
Come on people, sign up your decks!
SalukI, is it worth starting the ladder with our 2 teams, then adding people in when they submit decks?
Sounds good to me
I think MRPO5TMAN and I would like to join in here, just waiting on word from him.
I think MRPO5TMAN and I would like to join in here, just waiting on word from him.

Yeah Sign me and Hakeem up.
I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.
just trying to figure out how this works. we add every team to our friends list on xbox and when challenged or assigned the match the 2 teams set up the game and play 2 out of 3? main thing i'm curious about is the adding of each player. are those everyone's correct GT?
I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.

I already did so post your decks and we can get this going.

I already did so post your decks and we can get this going.

I'll contact you via Xbox this evening, Postman, and we'll figure this out.
just trying to figure out how this works. we add every team to our friends list on xbox and when challenged or assigned the match the 2 teams set up the game and play 2 out of 3? main thing i'm curious about is the adding of each player. are those everyone's correct GT?

I wouldnt say you HAVE to add everyone, but it might be helpful. The list I posted in the original post should contain everyones correct gamertags.

I wouldnt say you HAVE to add everyone, but it might be helpful. The list I posted in the original post should contain everyones correct gamertags.

ok mine is put in wrong. its MRxPO5TMAN
I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

ok mine is put in wrong. its MRxPO5TMAN

Fixed

You boys need to hurry up and submit your deck lists! Can you tell I'm excited to get this party started?

You boys need to hurry up and submit your deck lists! Can you tell I'm excited to get this party started?

Should be some fun! Got Simic unlocked yet?
I would love to participate. Partner is OCD Mortachi, and im o Astronomy o
opendamouf & crying thoughts

Crosswinds, Act of War, Exalted, Obedient Dead, Sepulchral Strength
I would love to participate. Partner is OCD Mortachi, and im o Astronomy o

I like this man's presence. Legend.

So I gotta say, just had a 2HG session skirmish with Hakeem, CraigJ, and Astronomy. Fun times. Looking forward to this league! Lets get the first games sorted soon.
Ok lets get this started.

Here are the teams in so far:

1 Saluki J and BrownBagSpecial CW, GM, AS, AW, OD
2 CraigJ1410 and Harmless Brew SS, CW, MS, CL, OD
3 opendamouf and crying thoughts CW, AW, ED, OD, SS
4 Hakeem928 and MRxPO5TMAN
5 OCD Mortachi and o Astronomy o

I just did a random draw at random.org I cut and past the results below. Anyone else who wants in will start at bottom.

Random Sequence Generator

Here is your sequence:

Timestamp: 2012-11-09 00:04:44 UTC

So this is the opening ladder. Two teams need to post their decks asap. If OCD and Astronomy dont post soon Ill put them at the bottom.

1 OCD Mortachi and o Astronomy o
2 Saluki J and BrownBagSpecial CW, GM, AS, AW, OD
3 opendamouf and crying thoughts CW, AW, ED, OD, SS
4 CraigJ1410 and Harmless Brew SS, CW, MS, CL, OD
5 Hakeem928 and MRxPO5TMAN DP, CW, SS, OD, AW
6 EvilBuddha MC and KittyCOW DP CW OD BoF GM
Our decks are DP CW OD BoF GM
Are we starting with only challenging 1 place above?
Are we starting with only challenging 1 place above?

Since there are now 6 teams who seem to be interested in the ladder I edited the original post to read 2 places above. If we get more we can adjust back up to 3 places if that would work better.

Sounds good

CraigJ1410 and Harmless Brew challenge Saluki J and BrownBagSpecial.
Sorry about the lack of green, my phone won't let me :-(
Sounds good CraigJ1410 and Harmless Brew challenge Saluki J and BrownBagSpecial.

Accepted. My partner and I usually play at night anywhere from 7pm till about 1am CT. Ill tell him we've been challenged. We can probably play late on Friday 11/9 if he will be able. Ill post as soon as I hear from him, Im off to bed at the moment.

Sorry about the lack of green, my phone won't let me :-(

Lol I actually wondered about that since it was your original idea!

opendamouf and crying thoughts challenge OCD Mortachi and o Astronomy o
alright Saluki-J, wasn't able to talk to my partner last night on xbox about what decks we want to use. and i feel everyone is waiting on us so I will post 5 decks for our team and hope he is happy with my choices. our 5 decks will be.. Dream Puppets, Crosswinds, Sepulchral Strength, Obedient Dead, Ancient Wilds. If Hakeem hops on the forums and wants to change a deck or 2 from my list i came up with would that be alright if he did? since im unable to communicate with him ATM.
I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
alright Saluki-J, wasn't able to talk to my partner last night on xbox about what decks we want to use. and i feel everyone is waiting on us so I will post 5 decks for our team and hope he is happy with my choices. our 5 decks will be.. Dream Puppets, Crosswinds, Sepulchral Strength, Obedient Dead, Ancient Wilds. If Hakeem hops on the forums and wants to change a deck or 2 from my list i came up with would that be alright if he did? since im unable to communicate with him ATM.

All cool here. Should be some fun!
The Ladder as it was drawn:

1 OCD Mortachi and o Astronomy o---
2 Saluki J and BrownBagSpecial---CW, GM, AS, AW, OD
3 opendamouf and crying thoughts---CW, AW, ED, OD, SS
4 CraigJ1410 and Harmless Brew---SS, CW, MS, CL, OD
5 Hakeem928 and MRxPO5TMAN---DP, CW, SS, OD, AW

The First Challenges:

On Nov 09, 2012 - 1:09AM:
CraigJ1410 and Harmless Brew challenge Saluki J and BrownBagSpecial

On Nov 09, 2012 - 1:53AM:
opendamouf and crying thoughts challenge OCD Mortachi and o Astronomy o  

Still need Mortachi and Astronomy to post thier decks before they accept and complete thier challenge.

Everyone is welcome to join. Post gamertags and deck choices to be added to the bottom of the ladder.

Sounds good CraigJ1410 and Harmless Brew challenge Saluki J and BrownBagSpecial.

Accepted. My partner and I usually play at night anywhere from 7pm till about 1am CT. Ill tell him we've been challenged. We can probably play late on Friday 11/9 if he will be able. Ill post as soon as I hear from him, Im off to bed at the moment.

Just scored some tickets to my local NBA team so Im going to the game tonight, Ill still try to see if my partner is able to play afterwards. You live in the UK right? Is there a beter time for you? By the time Im home from the game and ready to play it might be 1 am ET or 6am your time so maybe thats not so good?

btw, is it not fitting that my local team is the Orlando Magic?

Maybe tomorrow night is better, I'll check with brew but we are normally on 8pm till 11pm most nighs
I don't know what Hakeem's schedule is like but I am able to play from 11pm ET - 3 AM ET. I have a daughter and a fiance' who like to hog the only TV we have so i usually wait till they go to bed to hop on and play uninterupted
I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
I don't know what Hakeem's schedule is like but I am able to play from 11pm ET - 3 AM ET. I have a daughter and a fiance' who like to hog the only TV we have so i usually wait till they go to bed to hop on and play uninterupted

11ET is 12:30 here... quite late, but doable if I know in advance.

11ET is 12:30 here... quite late, but doable if I know in advance.

Sorry buddy. actually fiance' and daughter will be traveling to see my fiance's dad on 11/18/12 and will be out of town for 3 days. granted its a week away those 3 days i will be playing all day each day, so if you would like to challenge Hakeem and I the 18th-21st is the best for me. or any time after 11pm ET. and also Hakeem I might be able to get away with hopping on earlier, 9pm or 10pm. depends on when Chloe wants to sleep. you know all about that.
I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
Anyone up for playing tonight (in the next 4 hours)?
I will be on in about 2 or 3, hopefully get or game in
Sign In to post comments