Virtual Tabletop?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
So I remember hearing that there was a beta test run of the Vitual Tabletop.  From what I saw, it looked rather appealing.  My question is what happened to that product, and what's going on with it.  Everything about it seemingly disappeared under the rug, and it was potentially the most amazing feature 
that would have been available to subscribers.

Now I know that D&D Next is becoming the major product focus, but why develop a tool for so long only to scuttle it?

Do we know what happened to this amazing tool?  And if there's a Wizards Mod that knows more about it, can you please tell us what's up?    
So I remember hearing that there was a beta test run of the Vitual Tabletop.  From what I saw, it looked rather appealing.  My question is what happened to that product, and what's going on with it.  Everything about it seemingly disappeared under the rug, and it was potentially the most amazing feature 
that would have been available to subscribers.

Now I know that D&D Next is becoming the major product focus, but why develop a tool for so long only to scuttle it?

Do we know what happened to this amazing tool?  And if there's a Wizards Mod that knows more about it, can you please tell us what's up?    

wizards dropped it but the company that developed it is keeping it going. U can import cb pcs into it and access the monster data. See the link in my signature ("import cb pcs etc")
To play on the Virtual table, you need to go to 
www.gametableonline.com and register for a free account.  Then, you can click the link at the top of their page, or go to
www.rpgtableonline.com and login with your GTO username, and that takes you to the campaign manager, where you can launch tables, play around.  

On the GTO Forums is a section for finding games on the table 
"Five million Cybermen, easy. One Doctor? NOW you're scared!" - Rose Tyler