naya deck help

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Could Heroes' Reunion be a good sideboard card?
Could Heroes' Reunion be a good sideboard card?

No, it should be in the maindeck as a 4 of.  Burn is a powerful and popular modern deck, and it just wrecks them.
I hate dogs.
Too many cards not enough focus. Trim down to core cards.
Resident Piggles Zombie piggy is eatin' your sigs om nom nom (>*o*)>
MTG Card
Front: PigKnight, One Line Poster (3W) Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Vigilance When this creature dies, return him to play and transform him. (2/3) >(5/3)< Back: (Black)ZombiePiggles, Eater of Tomato Sauce Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Zombie Trample, Intimidate B: Regenerate this creature. When this creature is the target of a white spell, transform this creature. (5/3)

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/15.jpg)

Could Loxodon Smiter or Blade Splicer be a good option?
Maybe I don't know this archetype all that well, but it seems like some tutor/mana accel would help quite a bit. Your biggest hitters aren't dropping til turn 4-7. Granted, [C]Birds of Paradise[/C] does help that along, but adding some fetchlands would definitely help you.

That land drop will also help a few of your wincons reach full power much faster.

[C]Loxodon Smiter[/C] would be a good SB choice against control decks. Not sure I'd mainboard it.

I wouldn't run [C]Blade Splicer[/C] in this deck. It's not inherently a bad card, but it synergizes with the rest of the deck less than would be ideal. 
There's 2 ways you could go about running this.

1:  You could run a Zoo deck, lots of effiecent 1, 2 and 3 cmc creatures and 8 to 12 removal spells.  This would invole creatures like Kird Ape, Loam Lion, and Steppe Lynx (if you can swing the cash for fetch lands).  This deck your mana curve would top out at 3 or 4.  Ideally if you're going to use Ape/Lion, you need Stomping Grounds and Temple Gardens to maximize on their chances of being big early.  Fetch lands improve the chances even more.

2: You could run more of a Mid-Range deck.  This would use some 1 cmc mana Dorks (ie: Birds of Paradise, Arbor Elf, etc..) and use them to play powerful 3 cmc (and greater) creatures faster than you normally would, and just win off those stronger early plays.  This would use creatures like Blade Splicer (and maybe some other guys that create Golems for a token sub-theme), and others.

The 1st option requires a lot of money to be spend on the manabase to let the creatures function as you want them to.  The 2nd, which seems like the direction your current list wants to go in, requires money to be spend on the powerful 3/4/5 cmc creatures that exsist so you can just keep going over the top and crush your opponent in card quality.

Either way, you do NOT want Hero's Reunion in the deck.  Cards who's sole purpose is to let you gain life, rarely belong in a deck.  felisdomesticus was trolling when he told you to run it in the MD.  A good SB card for against Burn would be Centaur Healer or Loxodon Hierarch, or even Obstinate Baloth.  They give you the life gain to buy you a turn VS Burn and they give you a threat to help you finish them before they finish you.  The 2nd option I listed would use those VS Burn, the 1st would just try to out race it.
My Decks
Standard: BR Aggro Burn RDW Modern: Dragon Stompy Burn Fae Tempo Zoo Cherrios Legacy: Zoo Dragon Stompy Pauper: Slivers Landfall EDH: Sliver Overlord
1000th post on 2-1-10. 5000th post on 1-21-13.
There's 2 ways you could go about running this.

1:  You could run a Zoo deck, lots of effiecent 1, 2 and 3 cmc creatures and 8 to 12 removal spells.  This would invole creatures like Kird Ape, Loam Lion, and Steppe Lynx (if you can swing the cash for fetch lands).  This deck your mana curve would top out at 3 or 4.  Ideally if you're going to use Ape/Lion, you need Stomping Grounds and Temple Gardens to maximize on their chances of being big early.  Fetch lands improve the chances even more.

2: You could run more of a Mid-Range deck.  This would use some 1 cmc mana Dorks (ie: Birds of Paradise, Arbor Elf, etc..) and use them to play powerful 3 cmc (and greater) creatures faster than you normally would, and just win off those stronger early plays.  This would use creatures like Blade Splicer (and maybe some other guys that create Golems for a token sub-theme), and others.

The 1st option requires a lot of money to be spend on the manabase to let the creatures function as you want them to.  The 2nd, which seems like the direction your current list wants to go in, requires money to be spend on the powerful 3/4/5 cmc creatures that exsist so you can just keep going over the top and crush your opponent in card quality.

Either way, you do NOT want Hero's Reunion in the deck.  Cards who's sole purpose is to let you gain life, rarely belong in a deck.  felisdomesticus was trolling when he told you to run it in the MD.  A good SB card for against Burn would be Centaur Healer or Loxodon Hierarch, or even Obstinate Baloth.  They give you the life gain to buy you a turn VS Burn and they give you a threat to help you finish them before they finish you.  The 2nd option I listed would use those VS Burn, the 1st would just try to out race it.

Loxodon hierarch and obstinate baloth probably aren't good SB cards in zoo, because you often won't hit 4 mana.

Best tip for fighting burn as zoo:
"Land, crack a fetch, take 2, I'm Conley Woods."
I hate dogs.
Yeah, my very last sentence pointed out that Zoo would rather just try to outrace them, while the Mid-Range would actually have SB cards for VS Burn.
My Decks
Standard: BR Aggro Burn RDW Modern: Dragon Stompy Burn Fae Tempo Zoo Cherrios Legacy: Zoo Dragon Stompy Pauper: Slivers Landfall EDH: Sliver Overlord
1000th post on 2-1-10. 5000th post on 1-21-13.
Sign In to post comments