Planeswalker points achievements

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hello,

I have a question about Planeswalker points achievements. I have so-called achievements but lots of them just have a picture of vampire nighthawk with absolutely no explanation about what I "achieved". More importantly can someone explain the achievements they are aware of so we can all try to achieve them?

Thank you
bulletd Guidelines: 5.0: I will take this card no matter what. Creature 1 or playable 1 or hate 1.Archangel of Thune 4.5: Bomb and splashable. Creature 1-2, playable 1-2, removal 1. Jace, Memory Adept 4.0: Excellent first pick first pack, will sway me into same colors. Creatures 1-4, removal 1. Haunted Plate Mail 3.5: Excellent first pack pick two, will confirm colors or possibly sway into second color. Doom Blade 3.0: Good in-color addition, or splashable removal/creature. Creatures 3-9, removal 1-3. wall of Frost 2.5: Solid pick in-color; creatures 5-12, removal 3-5. Dark Favor 2.0: Creatures 10-16; removal 6-7. Elvish Mystic 1.5: My 23rd or 22nd card, depending on removal. Act of Treason 1.0: 23rd card if I don't maindeck an additional land. Lay of the Land 0.5: This card will sometimes be sideboarded in. Brave the Elements 0.0: I will shred this card for counters. Darksteel Forge
When you say lots of them, do you mean one of them?

As for how you see them, I take it you keep your browser in a slightly smaller window or something? You'll need to click on the picture and then full screen(you might need to zoom out). Bit of a ****-up on Wizards end that one...
I want to be Cultured.
Nighthawk is the image related to the achievement for attending multiple FNMs in a month with tiers at 2/3/4 FNMs in a single month.

As for the other achievements: You can see a full list by logging into PlaneswalkerPoint.com and then clicking the 'achievements' tab. 
Immature College Student (Also a Rules Advisor)
When you say lots of them, do you mean one of them?

As for how you see them, I take it you keep your browser in a slightly smaller window or something? You'll need to click on the picture and then full screen(you might need to zoom out). Bit of a ****-up on Wizards end that one...

I went back to check. I have two acheivements which, when opened up are just big pictures of the Vampire nighthawk artwork. One of them says FNM Seer and the other says FNM Master. But I have no idea what they mean. One I guess is for some sort of multiple participation thingy?

bulletd Guidelines: 5.0: I will take this card no matter what. Creature 1 or playable 1 or hate 1.Archangel of Thune 4.5: Bomb and splashable. Creature 1-2, playable 1-2, removal 1. Jace, Memory Adept 4.0: Excellent first pick first pack, will sway me into same colors. Creatures 1-4, removal 1. Haunted Plate Mail 3.5: Excellent first pack pick two, will confirm colors or possibly sway into second color. Doom Blade 3.0: Good in-color addition, or splashable removal/creature. Creatures 3-9, removal 1-3. wall of Frost 2.5: Solid pick in-color; creatures 5-12, removal 3-5. Dark Favor 2.0: Creatures 10-16; removal 6-7. Elvish Mystic 1.5: My 23rd or 22nd card, depending on removal. Act of Treason 1.0: 23rd card if I don't maindeck an additional land. Lay of the Land 0.5: This card will sometimes be sideboarded in. Brave the Elements 0.0: I will shred this card for counters. Darksteel Forge
... I explained what the achievement is for in the post immediately above yours.
... I explained what the achievement is for in the post immediately above yours.

I only see a mention for one of the achievements...I clearly listed two different ones.

As mentioned:
Vampire Nighthawk is the achievement image for a set of achievements corresponding to 2/3/4 FNMs in a single month.

The actual names are FNM Seer/Wizard/Magus.

There's another achievement set for 5/15/25 FNMs in a year, but those have a different art and are named Initiate/Fighter/Veteran.

There does not seem to be an 'FNM Master' achievement but there is a 'Friday Night Master' achievement for winning at least 4 matches at a single FNM.

As mentioned:
Vampire Nighthawk is the achievement image for a set of achievements corresponding to 2/3/4 FNMs in a single month.

The actual names are FNM Seer/Wizard/Magus.

There's another achievement set for 5/15/25 FNMs in a year, but those have a different art and are named Initiate/Fighter/Veteran.

There does not seem to be an 'FNM Master' achievement but there is a 'Friday Night Master' achievement for winning at least 4 matches at a single FNM.

I suspect you're correct. It must be FNM Master. As I recently had a 5-0 record and that corresponds to the correct date.

Thanks!

Moving to Event Discussion, which includes all Planeswalker Points discussion.

Magic and Magic Online Volunteer Community Lead. On Strike

I'm trying to make my official VCL posts in purple.

You posted saying my thread was moved/locked but nothing happened.

Show
Unfortunately, VCLs do not currently have the tools necessary to take moderation actions directly. VCLs submit their actions to ORCs, who then actually perform the action. This processing can take between a few minutes and several hours, depending on how busy/attentive the ORCs are.

If you see something that needs VCL attention, please use this thread to make a request and a VCL will look at it as soon as possible. CoC violations should be reported to Customer Service using the "report post" button. Please do not disrupt the thread by making requests of either kind in-thread.

General MTGO FAQ

Yes, the Shuffler is Random!
The definitive thread on the Magic Online shuffler.

Magic Math Made Easy
Draw probabilities, Swiss results, Elo ratings and booster EV

Event EV Calculator
Calculate the EV for any event with a fixed number of rounds and prizes based on record

Dual means two. A duel is a battle between two people. Lands that make two colors of mana are dual lands. A normal Magic battle is a duel.
Thanks to PhoenixLAU for the [thread=1097559]awesome avatar[/thread]!
Quotables

Show
"While a picture is worth a thousand words, each lolcat actually produces a negative wordcount." -Ith "I think "Highly Informed Sarcasm" should be our Magic Online General motto." -Ith "Sorry, but this thread seems just like spam. TT is for off-topic discussion, not no-topic discussion." -WizO_Kwai_Chang "Stop that! If you're not careful, rational thinking may catch on!" -Sax "... the only word i see that fits is incompitant." -Mr44 (sic) "You know a thread is gonna be locked when it gets to the hexadecimal stage." -Gathion "It's a good gig" - Gleemax "I tell people often, if you guys want to rant, you've certainly got the right to (provided you obey CoC/ToS stuff), and I don't even really blame you. But if you see something you think needs changing a well thought-out, constructive post does more to make that happen." - Worth Wollpert

Not that I'm worried about these achievements (I didn't even know they existed), but darn!  We only ever have three rounds at our FNM as it's always an eight man draft.  I guess I'll never get this achievement, even if I do manage to get a nuts deck and draws all night...

Not that I'm worried about these achievements (I didn't even know they existed), but darn!  We only ever have three rounds at our FNM as it's always an eight man draft.  I guess I'll never get this achievement, even if I do manage to get a nuts deck and draws all night...

Most big events that take place on SAt/Sun have an extra-large FNM the night before.  You might not be able to get it at your store, but the achievement is another motivation to check out the big tournaments.
D&D 4E Herald and M:tG Rules Advisor I expect posters to follow the Code of Conduct, use Basic Etiquette, and avoid Poor Logic. If you don't follow these guidelines, I consider you to be disrespectful to everyone on these forums. If you respond to me without following these guidelines, I consider it a personal attack. I grew up in a bilingual household, which means I am familiar with the difficulties in adopting a different vocabulary and grammar. That doesn't bother me. Persistent use of bad capitalization, affirming the consequent, and flaming bother me a great deal.
Rule that I would change: 204.1b
204.1b Some effects change an object’s card type, supertype, or subtype but specify that the object retains a prior card type, supertype, or subtype. In such cases, all the object’s prior card types, supertypes, and subtypes are retained. This rule applies to effects that use the phrase “in addition to its types” or that state that something is “still a [card type].” Some effects state that an object becomes an “artifact creature”; these effects also allow the object to retain all of its prior card types and subtypes.
"Eight Edition Rules Update" We eventually decided not to change this template, because players are used to “becomes an artifact creature,” and like it much better.
Players were used to Combat on the Stack, but you got rid of that because it was unintuitive. The only phrase needed is "in addition to its types"; the others are misleading and unintuitive.
The scene here in Thailand is nowhere near as big as it seems to be in the US.  A big tournament here would be a pre release with 20 to 30 people.  There is a GPT Bangkok next June though, so I might have a look at that.
My friend and I live in Southwestern China and may attend the Bangkok GP as well! I'll be at Taipei GP in a few weeks.