1x Simic Sky Swallower
1x Mystic Snake
1x Selkie Hedge-Mage
1x Omnibian
1x Multani, Maro-Sorcerer
1x Vedalken Heretic
1x Sower of Temptation

[/deck]

WotC doesn't care about flavor. Their forum is the only place where an ORC can kill a troll...

Lost around 120 posts in the forum migration

Post #1000 on Feb 02, 2013

Post #2000 on Sep 04, 2013

Going to have so much fun with this. New toys to play with!
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
Not very impressed with this one too, but hey, at least I got the Fable of Wolf and Owl I asked for. This deck really needs something like Artful Dodge in the promo unlocks. And what's Murkfiend Liege is doing in this deck besides giving my creatures a pump and vigilance? I mean, there's only one creature in the deck with a tap ability. What a waste of a great card like this Liege...

EDIT: just remembered to point out that this deck is going to struggle A LOT with mana. Lots and lots of cheap dual-colored creatures are never a good thing when you can only count with Expanses for fixing.

WotC doesn't care about flavor. Their forum is the only place where an ORC can kill a troll...

Not very impressed with this one too, but hey, at least I got the Fable of Wolf and Owl I asked for. This deck really needs something like Artful Dodge in the promo unlocks. And what's Murkfiend Liege is doing in this deck besides giving my creatures a pump and vigilance? I mean, there's only one creature in the deck with a tap ability. What a waste of a great card like this Liege...

That's a great point about the liege, and it is a pity. I'm hoping promos come with something better to play with. Maybe an Elvish Piper will make the liege feel better about himself. 
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
At first the Simic deck left me feeling a bit underwhelmed, but I think it takes a little deeper reading of the cards to recognize potential strategies. There is going to be a lot of pressure to muligan if you don't have one of each land (or expanse) since every two-drop creature requires both. There's no land ramp and you won't have card draw that early in the game either. That's the primary hurdle I'm seeing right now, but as long as you can get around that things could smooth out. The amount of card draw you can accumulate later on is rather appealing. I do look forward to putting this deck to the test.
Holy heavens Protean Hulk!

Damn the system and its hypocrites! You quit your quest and venture into the slums of the Gruul Clans!
Damn the system and its hypocrites! You quit your quest and venture into the slums of the Gruul Clans!
Take THE QUEST FOR RAVNICA today!

Finally, playing with a 100 card deck will pay off if you can play this creature :D

Waiting for promotional unlocks to abuse that card. Green Sun's Zenith will do.

Edit: I also want x1 Nulltread Gargantuan in the promotionals.
YES! [C]Lorescale Coatl[/C] and [C]Winged Coatl[/C]! Love these cards. I'm very happy that this isn't Kiora 2.0 with ridicilous Eldrazis.
Can't wait to play this deck.

IMAGE(http://oi39.tinypic.com/14mvxh5.jpg)

I must say, I really like the big finishers for this deck, Simic Sky Swallower, Tidespout Tyrant, Protean Hulk, and Overbeing of Myth. I'm turning this into a control deck.

Duels of the Planeswalkers deck builds and analysis: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/dotp

Another one of my websites: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/rationalchristianity/

I am Blue/White

Please tell me the promo unlocks are awesome, because currently....I don't know how I feel. If we have all these snakes, why not some snake tribal? For deck that uses blue, I feel like card draw has an awkward tempo, I won't be draw accelerating for at least the first few turns. The smallest of creatures are expensive with very little meat on their bones to show for it. How will this hold up to the aggro-heavy decks? I can already see PK, GG, and Boros squashing it relatively easily. Also so far, we have TWO counters and some bounce, but at a very expensive cost. Maybe I'm missing something? I really want to see everyone's opinions on this one, but so far I feel like I will disappointed with it just like MS.
This deck is sorely in need of Mulldrifters
This deck looks strong.
Tons of card draw, aside from the a few creates the rest look a bit underwhelming (power wise). This one can be built a lot of different ways, definitely looking forward to it.  
No ramp? I am disappoint.

I'll play with this deck but tbh, i just don't feel it, or see the strengths. You're looking at turn 4/5/6 before you get going with very little control options. 
Sadly, it doesn't have a strong theme, or it has one that I cannot yet discern.  Also, the deck seems too slow for aggro but not enough defense or ramp for control.  It does have some pretty nice bombs and a lot of card draw. 

Here's a quick preliminary attempt at a decklist

Worried that it's top heavy.  Surviving til 5 mana will be key.  But 4 coiling oracle and lots of card draw should hopefully ensure consistent land drops at least
I think this deck will be top tier in 2hg. Its not really made 1vs1. 
This is definitely a control deck, its just different then the typical "kill everything in sight" type of control we are used to seeing in DotP2012. I am very much looking forward to this one. I am interested in seeing how strong the card draw can be to play all those hand pumping creatures. I would have also liked to have seen x4 Winged Coatl rather then just 2. The deck is almost like a remix of Ancient Wilds.
Target Pongify on Protean Hulk.
Win game.

Take THE QUEST FOR RAVNICA today!

Does Omnibian's ability allow the targeted creature to retain the abilities it has?  So for example, could you turn the Winged Coatl into a flying 3/3 deathtouch frog?  Gatherer says the creature retains any counters it has but is silent on the abilities.

Snakeform specifies the creature loses all abilities; Omnibian does not, but I know that the text for cards varies from older sets so I don't know if that is proof it retains the abilities.

Does Omnibian's ability allow the targeted creature to retain the abilities it has?  So for example, could you turn the Winged Coatl into a flying 3/3 deathtouch frog?  Gatherer says the creature retains any counters it has but is silent on the abilities.

Snakeform specifies the creature loses all abilities; Omnibian does not, but I know that the text for cards varies from older sets so I don't know if that is proof it retains the abilities.

Omnibian lets the creature keep the abilities
Acidic Slime + Aether Mutation is another nice combo.
This deck looks good and I'm looking forward to giving this one a try. Some ramp spells would've been nice but there's a good range of 2-3 mana spells so it should be fine at stalling out to 6+ lands and playing it's big spells. Some good synergies and fun mechanics going on in this one I think
I hope the 10 promo cards are serious ramp. Cultivate and explore would be sweet. Especially explore seems as that can get you off to a good start to slap some defense down

I suppose we will have to wait and see. 
Kinda boring, but it doesn't seem bad.
erdana; border-collapse:collapse" cellspacing="0" border="0">"Arqwart's Scaley Sky" libraryfor Sky and Scale (Simic): 40 picks, 61 cardserdana; font-size:9px">Library code: ((((((((~~AykkE3~~Arqwart's Scaley Sky~~4Bzd50A~~3=Xm6fQ~~2Ac4AZB~~2A2DfC7~~2=gUmvW~~1AVqU4w~~3BhiwOS~~1=zM14J~~3BjL3mf~~2AP36?9~~3?WQTVP~~1=0vs4S~~2=H61ZR~~4?2vriJ~~1A?rQBw~~2AuN4xo~~2B?vxgc~~1BmhSfr~~1AymGfv~~))))))))
 Creature 
   cost  ■■■■ Coiling Oracle  1/1   
■■■ Gaea's Skyfolk  2/2   
■■ Jhessian Infiltrator  2/2   
   cost  ■■■ Lorescale Coatl  2/2   
 Trygon Predator  2/3   
■■ Winged Coatl  1/1   
 Wistful Selkie  2/2  ()()(
   cost  ■■■ Assault Zeppelid  3/3   
 Sower of Temptation  2/2   
   cost  ■■ Acidic Slime  2/2   
 Murkfiend Liege  4/4  ()()(
■■ Overbeing of Myth  */*  ()()()()(
   cost   Protean Hulk  6/6   
■■ Simic Sky Swallower  6/6   
 Spell 
   cost  ■■■■ Terramorphic Expanse   
   cost  ■■ Groundswell   
■■ Pongify   
   cost   Snakeform  (
   cost  ■■■ Aether Mutation   
erdana; font-size:9px">Get the deck planner used to make this table.>>>
erdana; border-collapse:collapse" cellspacing="0" border="0">"Preliminary defence build" libraryfor Sky and Scale (Simic): 40 picks, 61 cardserdana; font-size:9px">Library code: ((((((((~~AykkE3~~Preliminary defence build~~3Bzd50A~~2Ac4AZB~~2=gUmvW~~1AVqU4w~~1=zM14J~~3=FsBul~~2AyyuRy~~2BDqBoK~~3?WQTVP~~2AhmBKx~~1=0vs4S~~2=H61ZR~~2?Y1fhv~~3?2vriJ~~1A?rQBw~~1?AFJwX~~2BT4pvY~~2Bd0Zqm~~1BmhSfr~~1?ylwis~~1=?7WmU~~1?wUL4Q~~1AymGfv~~))))))))
erdana; font-size:12px; border:1px solid rgb(7, 95, 107); border-collapse:collapse; text-align:left" cellspacing="0" border="0">   cost   Spell ■■■ Terramorphic Expanse      cost   Spell ■■ Pongify      cost   Creature ■■■ Coiling Oracle  1/1    Spell ■ Regrowth      cost   Creature ■■ Selkie Hedge-Mage  2/2  () ■ Trygon Predator  2/3   ■■ Winged Coatl  1/1   ■ Wistful Selkie  2/2  ()()()  Spell ■■■ Claustrophobia   ■ Snakeform  ()    cost   Creature ■ Mystic Snake  2/2   ■■ Omnibian  3/3   ■ Sower of Temptation  2/2      cost   Creature ■■ Indrik Stomphowler  4/4   ■■ Mitotic Slime  4/4   ■ Momir Vig, Simic Visionary  2/2   ■ Murkfiend Liege  4/4  ()()()  Spell ■■■ Aether Mutation      cost   Creature ■ Draining Whelk  1/1    Spell ■■ Fable of Wolf and Owl  ()()()    cost   Creature ■ Protean Hulk  6/6   ■■ Simic Sky Swallower  6/6      cost   Spell ■■ Yavimaya's Embrace   erdana; font-size:9px">Get the deck planner used to make this table.>>>

I'm thinking this, for my 2HG build so far. Focusing on stalling until the late game, then exploding with a bomb or two. It's the best way I can see to build it so far, but will probably change a few things once I have the deck to play with.  
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Mitotic slime and indrik stomper don't belong in this deck. They seem to be random additions. Especially seems as trygon predator pretty much has artifact hate covered.

Mitotic slime and indrik stomper don't belong in this deck. They seem to be random additions. Especially seems as trygon predator pretty much has artifact hate covered.

I disagree. After thinking about it, indrik stomphowler actually takes the artifact out...trygon has to swing through, so I feel it is unreliable. And the slime does what I want it to...it stalls the game. It's a 4/4 that spews chump blockers when removed. 

I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White

I disagree. After thinking about it, indrik stomphowler actually takes the artifact out...trygon has to swing through, so I feel it is unreliable. And the slime does what I want it to...it stalls the game. It's a 4/4 that spews chump blockers when removed. 

I agree about Indrik, but the Slime, well, you really need a stall card that costs 5 mana?

Couldn't a garruks packleader sort of card work just as well? A chump blocker and card draw engine. Say something like that 6 CMC card from trinity of elements that's also in...(AW?) I can't remember the name.

I agree about Indrik, but the Slime, well, you really need a stall card that costs 5 mana?

Why stall at 5? At 5CMC this deck should be setting itself up. IMO. I would need to play the deck to get a better feel of it, but some cards seem wierd. I thought we would of seen the oracle of del moya (not sure about the name of the card, i'm having a brain fart tonight. It's the one from SS that allows you to play 2 lands per turn)

I'm playing 2HG as I stated in my build, so yes, absolutely. Not only will it stall, but it will stall while maintaining the exact same power on the board until the 1/1s are removed, so it's offensive as well. I'll see how it goes, but I have been impressed with the card in SS, and I see no reason I won't be here too. 

I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White

I'm playing 2HG as I stated in my build, so yes, absolutely. Not only will it stall, but it will stall while maintaining the exact same power on the board until the 1/1s are removed, so it's offensive as well. I'll see how it goes, but I have been impressed with the card in SS, and I see no reason I won't be here too. 

If you're talking about 2hg then yeah that's fair enough. I think this looks a lot like a 2HG deck, which was the same case for AD in 2012 

If you're talking about 2hg then yeah that's fair enough. I think this looks a lot like a 2HG deck, which was the same case for AD in 2012 

Yeah, I wouldn't have that slime in 1v1, though I would still have the indrik. The point behind that is consider the artifacts and enchantments you would reeeeaaally want to remove. See the panoptic mirror hit the field? Then either two things have happened with trygon. He's been removed from the game, or they wouldn't have played the mirror...or you are holding him. If you're holding him, then you play him and he....stares while they tap next upkeep and freeze you out of the game, or make a copy of him to block, or bounce him or...you get the idea. Indrik just removes it. 

I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White

Yeah, I wouldn't have that slime in 1v1, though I would still have the indrik. The point behind that is consider the artifacts and enchantments you would reeeeaaally want to remove. See the panoptic mirror hit the field? Then either two things have happened with trygon. He's been removed from the game, or they wouldn't have played the mirror...or you are holding him. If you're holding him, then you play him and he....stares while they tap next upkeep and freeze you out of the game, or make a copy of him to block, or bounce him or...you get the idea. Indrik just removes it. 

Yeah i get what you're saying. It just seems...an expensive answer to artifact/enchantments. A naturalise would solve the problem and leave 5 CMC open for a better creature.
Just to add, don't think i'm trolling or anything. I really enjoy discussing deck decisions with other people. I may come across as trying to be right, but i'm just offering my POV so you can counter it with your POV. That way i get the best of both worlds and hopefully construct a better deck from people's different opinions.

Yeah i get what you're saying. It just seems...an expensive answer to artifact/enchantments. A naturalise would solve the problem and leave 5 CMC open for a better creature.

Absolutely, and I wish we had a couple of copies. I'm still on the fence over either acidic slime or indrik stomphowler. I'll have to mull it over more, but I think I have to run one or the other just in case. slime is the better defender, and has better targets, but indrik can survive blocking some things, and swing for more...tough choice. 

I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
I don't really see the need for Indrik Stomphowler  when you have Acidic Slime.  I think 3 artifact hates, the 2 Acidic Slimes and 1 Trygon Predator would be enough.
Why not just run the Acidic Slime? Besides, the indrik doesn't play nice with some of the enchantments on this deck. I would personally would not run it.

EDIT: konokono just "ninjutsu" me. :p 
I agree: Acidic Slime > Indrik Stomphowler any day of the week.
The only cards I want from the promotional unlocks, assuming these decks even have unlocks, are more Mystic Snakes.  2 of them + 8 random slimey snake things would make me very happy.

What I hope does not come in the promotional unlocks are 3 Thunder Dragons.  You might think that the risk of this is low since there is no red mana in this deck.  Any reasonable person would probably think that, except that they put 3 in another deck where they are also unplayable so you never know.