1x Brightflame
1x Bull Cerodon
1x Fire at Will
1x Scourge of the Nobilis
1x Nobilis of War
1x Rally the Righteous
1x Storm Herd

[/deck]

WotC doesn't care about flavor. Their forum is the only place where an ORC can kill a troll...

Lost around 120 posts in the forum migration

Post #1000 on Feb 02, 2013

Post #2000 on Sep 04, 2013

At least Mentor of the Meek will be fairly easy to build around. 
Thanks felbatista, I was waiting for one of these. No offence to Wingspantt, I love his sneak preview and the work he does for us, but it's so much easier to read the cards this way. 

Now...let's brainstorm!!!!! After I take a nap...
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
Now that the work is done, I can think about the lists a little

Well, not very impressed with this one, but you can't go wrong with cards like Lightning Helix and Glory of Warfare. And I'm happy because WotC heard me and included Rise of the Hobgoblins.

WotC doesn't care about flavor. Their forum is the only place where an ORC can kill a troll...

Now that the work is done, I can think about the lists a little

Well, not very impressed with this one, but you can't go wrong with cards like Lightning Helix and Glory of Warfare. And I'm happy because WotC heard me and included Rise of the Hobgoblins.

Neither am I, never really a fan of the aggro decks to be honest. That being said, since I main 2hg, i'm liking the look of the game ending potential. Not the best play, but i'm tired. Just wanted to mull over these before I sleep. 
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
meh. I think I'll skip this deck pack.
Lightwielder Paladin is an interesting addition.
Black decks in particular are very popular right now, so it might have a place even in competitive builds, unless you run the most aggressive version.

Damn the system and its hypocrites! You quit your quest and venture into the slums of the Gruul Clans!
Damn the system and its hypocrites! You quit your quest and venture into the slums of the Gruul Clans!
Take THE QUEST FOR RAVNICA today!

Lightwielder Paladin is an interesting addition.
Black decks in particular are very popular right now, so it might have a place even in competitive builds, unless you run the most aggressive version.

I'll most likely play him, but there is so much removal red and black run, it'll be instantly removed
So this is March to War with less lifegain and more lategame possibilites. Mhh I think this deck looks very interesting.

IMAGE(http://oi39.tinypic.com/14mvxh5.jpg)

This deck looks weak.
Well, I'm excited about this deck. MtW was my favorite deck in Duels2012, and while some of my favorites are missing (Squadron Hawk, Leonin Sun Standard, Searing Meditation), Glory of Warfare x2 makes me very happy.
I'm glad this isn't March to War 2.0. Between tokens from goblins and peacekeepers, and the lifegain of Celestial Light, we had all the elements of MtW. I do like the focus on the untaping combat tricks. I knew we weren't going to get a Samurai deck due to them having the Bushido mechanic, but all this untapping reminds me of Call to Glory, one of my favorite Samurai cards.

Duels of the Planeswalkers deck builds and analysis: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/dotp

Another one of my websites: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/rationalchristianity/

I am Blue/White

Wow, this deck looks really strong! Matches against GG are going to be rather interesting.
Bull Cerodon and Assault =nastiness.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

We are getting the 10 promo cards or not?

Oh hypocrisy! A World full of n00bs indeed!

We are getting the 10 promo cards or not?

Probably, but we don't have any info about them yet. I think we have to wait until the next week to know.

This deck looks extremely dangerous on the attack.  No time to come up with a list right now, but I can see something quite effective come together by including a bunch of weenies, Mentor of the Meek, and then a variety of  pumps
Solid aggro cards; I like this color for aggro obviously, but it's another missed opportunity for me.
Solid aggro deck, but totally without any surprises or even possibilities.
Great synergy, but very vulnerable to control decks.. Well see how it fairs, but im thinking upper mid teir.
Great synergy, but very vulnerable to control decks.. Well see how it fairs, but im thinking upper mid teir.

When you say this, which decks you're thinking about? OD will die to Glory of Warfare, SS will have nightmares with the instant speed mass pumps and CW will have the same problems dealing with an army of dudes without good targets to replicate it already has. The only control decks I can see that will be very happy with this deck becoming popular are MS and control BF.

Massacre loosea a bit of effectivness with Glory out I see

Show

I don't get why Basandra is in here? She effectively makes Fire at Will a dead card and makes your other combat tricks far less effective. Could anyone explain her usefulness to me? Is it just to have your opponent suicide their creatures on your army? That doesn't seem worth negating all the combat tricks.

"People are like sausages: it's what's under the skin that's important... so poke them with a fork periodically."

"Lif is too short."

Not sure if she will be worth including, but I can see Basandra being quite useful.  If you have a bunch of weenies on the board and the life to spare, use Basandra to force your opponent's creatures to tap out, follow up next turn with a Glory of Warfare  or similar buff to finish the opponent off. 

I don't get why Basandra is in here? She effectively makes Fire at Will a dead card and makes your other combat tricks far less effective. Could anyone explain her usefulness to me? Is it just to have your opponent suicide their creatures on your army? That doesn't seem worth negating all the combat tricks.

Been going through the deck editor and decided to include her along with the combat tricks. The main benefit I see from her is her ability to force creatures to attack. (I did try to build my deck a little more on the defensive/controlling side so I considered her ability to be an asset.) The downside is that she will negate any combat tricks you play after she hits the board. They can still be used outside of combat so they aren't entirely dead cards, but yes their effectiveness would drop. It's also a good point about being able to force your opponent to tap out so you can counter with an all out offensive and then simply untap your creatures afterwards to repeat the process. Personally I think there are ways to use her effectively. Another fun combination would be Basandra forcing creatures into a buffed Spitemare to dish out a lot of backfire.
Bassandra works well with the enchantment heavy builds.. She looks really sexy with 2/2 lifelink and firebreathing, and some lieges out.. Theres a kill you with giant scary flying creatures late game strategy here, which she melds well with. You can force an opponent to attack with a creature, and blpck it with a bigger creature. Also makes divine verdict, and its like useless. Whether she will make the cut in the long run is anybodys guess. Most people didnt run her in the last dop boros deck though if thats any indication.
I ran Basandra in MtW, but I don't think I will use her in this deck. MtW didn't have nearly as many combat tricks as this deck, or at least my version didn't. I like the ability to make other creatures attack, which gets rid of lieges or other utility creatures, but her other ability really seems like a huge drawback with this deck. Fire at will, for instance, is completely useless if she's in play, Rally the righteous and To Arms! also lose a lot of power if you can't cast them during combat.

If I run her, it will only be to look at that amazing art.
Ah I forgot about Fire at Will's requirement to target attacking or blocking creatures so that would become a deck card for sure, but even so I still feel inclined to include her for the kind of build I'm going for (at least from looking at these cards on paper without actual experience yet). She at least isn't an auto-include like other certain creatures, though. Deck strategy could make a difference so her inclusion may or may not be wise depending on what you're going for.
erdana; border-collapse:collapse" cellspacing="0" border="0">"Gegliosch" libraryfor Act of War (Boros): 39 picks, 60 cardserdana; font-size:9px">Library code: ((((((((~~==zeZ8~~Gegliosch~~3?4AMNo~~4A49JaS~~2A8sHb5~~2BC6wSP~~3=wUCKD~~2?xSyo8~~2?OjGPS~~4BoITsu~~4=ibrKk~~2?gcG9P~~3?2vriJ~~1=xwPEl~~2AAQk2D~~1?73MBv~~2=0GHcY~~1=IxRl4~~1A66=d0~~))))))))
erdana; font-size:12px; border:1px solid rgb(141, 69, 54); border-collapse:collapse; text-align:left" cellspacing="0" border="0">   cost   Spell ■■■ Terramorphic Expanse      cost   Creature ■■■ Boros Recruit  1/1  ()    cost   Creature ■■ Boros Guildmage  2/2  ()() ■■ Boros Swiftblade  1/2   ■■■■ Veteran Armorer  2/2    Spell ■■■ Lightning Helix   ■■ To Arms!      cost   Creature ■■ Mentor of the Meek  2/2   ■■■■ Skyknight Legionnaire  2/2    Spell ■■ Fire at Will  ()()() ■■■■ Rally the Righteous   ■■ Scourge of the Nobilis  ()    cost   Creature ■ Spitemare  3/3  ()()  Spell ■■ Glory of Warfare      cost   Creature ■ Balefire Liege  2/4  ()()() ■ Nobilis of War  3/4  ()()()()()    cost   Creature ■ Sunblast Angel  4/5   erdana; font-size:9px">Get the deck planner used to make this table.>>>
They gave this deck 25 lands for default? Boooo.

Seems like a pretty straightfoward pool. Wish it would've been a little more interesting though.

Wonder how good Mentor of the Meek will be in this environment too. He was just so-so when I got to use him in paper, but maybe he's really good here. Kind of sucks the deck's own anthems shut his ability down though.

We don't have a confirmation about that. I think this one will have 24 lands and SaS will have 25, but that's only my guess.

We don't have a confirmation about that. I think this one will have 24 lands and SaS will have 25, but that's only my guess.

Actually, as long as the main decklists are accurate, then that itself confirms the number of lands. Subtract the number of cards that are not fixers from 60, leaving both decks with 25 lands including the fixers. 

I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White

Actually, as long as the main decklists are accurate, then that itself confirms the number of lands. Subtract the number of cards that are not fixers from 60, leaving both decks with 25 lands including the fixers. 

Well, that's unfortunate (and really dumb of my part :/). Looks like we can't have nice things...

erdana; border-collapse:collapse" cellspacing="0" border="0">

"Gegliosch" library

for Act of War (Boros): 39 picks, 60 cards

erdana; font-size:9px">Library code: ((((((((~~==zeZ8~~Gegliosch~~3?4AMNo~~4A49JaS~~2A8sHb5~~2BC6wSP~~3=wUCKD~~2?xSyo8~~2?OjGPS~~4BoITsu~~4=ibrKk~~2?gcG9P~~3?2vriJ~~1=xwPEl~~2AAQk2D~~1?73MBv~~2=0GHcY~~1=IxRl4~~1A66=d0~~))))))))

erdana; font-size:12px; border:1px solid #8d4536; border-collapse:collapse; text-align:left" cellspacing="0" border="0">

cost  

Spell 
■■■
 Terramorphic Expanse 

cost  

Creature 
■■■
 Boros Recruit 
 1/1 
 (

cost  

Creature 
■■
 Boros Guildmage 
 2/2 
 ()(

■■
 Boros Swiftblade 
 1/2 

■■■■
 Veteran Armorer 
 2/2 

Spell 
■■■
 Lightning Helix 

■■
 To Arms! 

cost  

Creature 
■■
 Mentor of the Meek 
 2/2 

■■■■
 Skyknight Legionnaire 
 2/2 

Spell 
■■
 Fire at Will 

()()(

■■■■
 Rally the Righteous 

■■
 Scourge of the Nobilis 

(

cost  

Creature 

Spitemare 
 3/3 
 ()(

Spell 
■■
 Glory of Warfare 

cost  

Creature 

Balefire Liege 
 2/4 
 ()()(

Nobilis of War 
 3/4 
 ()()()()(

cost  

Creature 

Sunblast Angel 
 4/5 

erdana; font-size:9px">Get the deck planner used to make this table.>>>

No Rise of the Hobgoblins?

Well, that's unfortunate (and really dumb of my part :/). Looks like we can't have nice things...

If you're curious, here's the distribution of lands so far. Maybe there's some reasoning behind the pattern?

24 lands
Chandra, Garruk, Krenko
20 + 4 lands
Nefarox --- Azorius, Golgari, Rakdos, Selesnya

25 lands
Ajani, Jace, Liliana, Odric, Talrand, Yeva
21 + 4 lands
Izzet --- Boros, Simic

erdana; border-collapse:collapse" cellspacing="0" border="0">

"Gegliosch" library

for Act of War (Boros): 39 picks, 60 cards

erdana; font-size:9px">Library code: ((((((((~~==zeZ8~~Gegliosch~~3?4AMNo~~4A49JaS~~2A8sHb5~~2BC6wSP~~3=wUCKD~~2?xSyo8~~2?OjGPS~~4BoITsu~~4=ibrKk~~2?gcG9P~~3?2vriJ~~1=xwPEl~~2AAQk2D~~1?73MBv~~2=0GHcY~~1=IxRl4~~1A66=d0~~))))))))

erdana; font-size:12px; border:1px solid #8d4536; border-collapse:collapse; text-align:left" cellspacing="0" border="0">

cost  

Spell 
■■■
 Terramorphic Expanse 

cost  

Creature 
■■■
 Boros Recruit 
 1/1 
 (

cost  

Creature 
■■
 Boros Guildmage 
 2/2 
 ()(

■■
 Boros Swiftblade 
 1/2 

■■■■
 Veteran Armorer 
 2/2 

Spell 
■■■
 Lightning Helix 

■■
 To Arms! 

cost  

Creature 
■■
 Mentor of the Meek 
 2/2 

■■■■
 Skyknight Legionnaire 
 2/2 

Spell 
■■
 Fire at Will 

()()(

■■■■
 Rally the Righteous 

■■
 Scourge of the Nobilis 

(

cost  

Creature 

Spitemare 
 3/3 
 ()(

Spell 
■■
 Glory of Warfare 

cost  

Creature 

Balefire Liege 
 2/4 
 ()()(

Nobilis of War 
 3/4 
 ()()()()(

cost  

Creature 

Sunblast Angel 
 4/5 

erdana; font-size:9px">Get the deck planner used to make this table.>>>

No Rise of the Hobgoblins?

I expect it to slow the deck down. It's not very mana efficient for creatures and the effect doesn't increase your power, it just makes it harder for them to block or attack. It's still a decent card and I might put it in after some playtesting. 
I see it as 1-of material. Seems like an okay mana dump for the games you top deck it late with a bunch of lands, and being able to make all your creatures into first strikers can give you some combat superiority if you want to use it early.
My guess is that rise of the hobgoblins will be an auto include for most builds. Especially with 25 lands
How do you guys feel about Veteran Armorer? A bear with an upside is always worth trying, but I don't think his ability will be relevant most of the time. I guess he can be good in the mirror...

About Rise of the Hobgoblins: this card is a great mana sink in the late game, and mass first strike is very good. Not sure about the correct number of copies, but definitely should be in the deck.