Werewolf Ranger (MC Fighter, PP Kensei)

25 posts / 0 new
Last post
Coming from the original crappy idea of being a sentinel, swapping to the ranger is night and day....

Pre Fight Prep: Wolf Shape (hybrid Form)
Minor Action: Blood Fury Bastard Sword Power (Encounter: You are bloodied until EonT, proccing +2 attack +5 damage rolls)
Move Action: Move to an isolated target (Speed 8)
Standard Action: Armor Splinter
Action Point: Lashing Leaves

4 attacks Dealt:

2d10 + 2d6 + 25 (Main Hand)
2d10 +  25 (Off Hand)
2d10 + 2d6 + 25 (Main Hand)
2d10 +  25 (Off Hand)

Average Damage : 155

Turn 2: Blade Cascade - 5 attacks for even more damage

Level 16 Average Monster stats    Ac: 30   Life  152 (You have 90% Accuracy for 2 rounds)

Additonal Boosts: These numbers do not include utility powers (werewolf frenzy is a big one), Quarry damage, Racial (1W) Power or the MC damage feat. Use those to pad the damage.

Show

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
level 16
Half-Orc, Ranger, Kensei
Fighting Style Option: Two-Blade Fighting Style
Ranger Option: Prime Shot
Kensei Focus Option: Kensei Focus Bastard sword
Moonstruck Hunter (+2 to Stealth)
Theme: Werewolf

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 24, CON 11, DEX 20, INT 11, WIS 12, CHA 9

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 18, CON 10, DEX 14, INT 10, WIS 11, CHA 8

AC: 29 Fort: 31 Ref: 29 Will: 24
HP: 108 Surges: 6 Surge Value: 27

TRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +17, Athletics +19, Endurance +14, Nature +14, Perception +14, Stealth +19

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +8, Bluff +7, Diplomacy +7, Dungeoneering +9, Heal +9, History +8, Insight +9, Intimidate +11, Religion +8, Streetwise +7, Thievery +12

POWERS
Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack
Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack
Werewolf Utility: Wolf Shape
Half-Orc Racial Power: Furious Assault
Hunter's Quarry Power: Hunter's Quarry
Ranger Attack 1: Twin Strike
Ranger Attack 1: Nimble Strike
Ranger Utility 2: Begin the Hunt
Ranger Attack 3: Disruptive Strike
Ranger Attack 5: Wounded Beast
Athletics Utility 6: Crushing Escape
Ranger Attack 7: Lashing Leaves
Ranger Attack 9: Attacks on the Run
Werewolf Utility 10: Werewolf Frenzy
Kensei Attack 11: Masterstroke
Kensei Utility 12: Ultimate Parry
Ranger Attack 13: Armor Splinter
Ranger Attack 15: Blade Cascade
Half-Orc Utility 16: Killer's Mind

FEATS
Toughness
Level 1: Weapon Proficiency (Bastard sword)
Level 2: Heavy Blade Expertise
Level 4: Anger Unleashed
Level 6: Improved Initiative
Level 8: Cunning Stalker
Level 10: Cyclone Warrior
Level 11: Strength From Pain
Level 12: Wicked Blade
Level 14: Improved Defenses
Level 16: Weapon Focus (Heavy Blade)

ITEMS
Blood Fury Bastard sword +3 x1
Battlecrazed Bastard sword +3 x1
Iron Armbands of Power (paragon tier) x1
Timeless Locket +3 x1
Battle Harness Hide Armor +3 x1
Claw Gloves x1
====== End ======

So...an average ranger?
10/10 Would Flame Again: An Elite Paladin|Warlock The Elemental Man (or Woman): A Genasi Handbook The Warlord, Or How to Wield a Barbarian One-Handed The Bookish Barbarian Fardiz: RAI is fairly clear, but RAZ is different That's right. Rules According to Zelink!
Why are you Blade Cascading on round 2? Didn't you notice that your listed Encounter Nova damage was higher than your listed SMHP? And really, you should be doing Lashing Leaves (14 Wis in Paragon!) - AP Twin Strike, and then Resume the Hunt (werewolf frenzy isn't that good) over to your next target, which you'll set up with Disrupt/Battle Awareness (Cyclone Warrior? Really?), and then be able to Off-hand Diversion - Twin Strike - Ruffling Sting (Gained with Reserve Maneuver).

There's really no reason to have Crushing Escape, especially given you don't have Invigorating Stride. Likewise with Killer's Mind, if an attack targets your Will, odds are you aren't going to be making any Reactions, not to mention a Minor Action is again eating into your potential other attacks and this one isn't that great for being a Daily; if you want something Defensive, take Ranger's Parry. Get rid of Wicked Blade and take Reserve Maneuver instead, Rangers aren't a MBA class (they have them, they're not bad at them, but there's no reason to optimize them)

Bloody Op really isn't worthwhile when you have Minor Action attacks available for every single Encounter Power you can take, to say nothing of Quarry. You're burning your minor action, 2 feats, and both weapons (and a utility power) to gain +2 hit +2d6(MH)+5 damage for 2 rounds. If you switch to something as simple as double Frost (With Shard and Gloves), you'll gain +6 damage (11 after 1st hit) and be able to switch a Minor Attack from the 2nd turn to the 1st turn (Lashing Leaves: 2d10+26 MH 2d10+33 OH, Twin Strike: 2d10+27 Both, Off-hand Diversion: 2d10+34 = 202 Average Damage meaning you only need to hit 4 times to kill the target, and even better - if it's your first 4 attacks, you can use your Minor on the creature you end up adjacent to with Resume the Hunt.

And you have a feat left over.

Of course, there's also the issue that you're claiming to be in Hybrid Form constantly, and don't need to activate it as a Minor to gain Claw Gloves.
"Invokers are probably better round after round but Wizard dailies are devastating. Actually, devastating is too light a word. Wizard daily powers are soul crushing, encounter ending, havoc causing pieces of awesome." -AirPower25 Sear the Flesh, Purify the Soul; Harden the Heart, and Improve the Mind; Born of Blood, but Forged by Fire; The MECH warrior reaches perfection.

Why are you Blade Cascading on round 2? Didn't you notice that your listed Encounter Nova damage was higher than your listed SMHP? And really, you should be doing Lashing Leaves (14 Wis in Paragon!) - AP Twin Strike, and then Resume the Hunt (werewolf frenzy isn't that good) over to your next target, which you'll set up with Disrupt/Battle Awareness (Cyclone Warrior? Really?), and then be able to Off-hand Diversion - Twin Strike - Ruffling Sting (Gained with Reserve Maneuver).

There's really no reason to have Crushing Escape, especially given you don't have Invigorating Stride. Likewise with Killer's Mind, if an attack targets your Will, odds are you aren't going to be making any Reactions, not to mention a Minor Action is again eating into your potential other attacks and this one isn't that great for being a Daily; if you want something Defensive, take Ranger's Parry. Get rid of Wicked Blade and take Reserve Maneuver instead, Rangers aren't a MBA class (they have them, they're not bad at them, but there's no reason to optimize them)

Bloody Op really isn't worthwhile when you have Minor Action attacks available for every single Encounter Power you can take, to say nothing of Quarry. You're burning your minor action, 2 feats, and both weapons (and a utility power) to gain +2 hit +2d6(MH)+5 damage for 2 rounds. If you switch to something as simple as double Frost (With Shard and Gloves), you'll gain +6 damage (11 after 1st hit) and be able to switch a Minor Attack from the 2nd turn to the 1st turn (Lashing Leaves: 2d10+26 MH 2d10+33 OH, Twin Strike: 2d10+27 Both, Off-hand Diversion: 2d10+34 = 202 Average Damage meaning you only need to hit 4 times to kill the target, and even better - if it's your first 4 attacks, you can use your Minor on the creature you end up adjacent to with Resume the Hunt.

And you have a feat left over.

Of course, there's also the issue that you're claiming to be in Hybrid Form constantly, and don't need to activate it as a Minor to gain Claw Gloves.

Ouch, Going over what you said and looks like I definately made some mistakes. Wicked Blade needs to go, somehow I missread it thinking it was high crit on all attacks, it has minimal value. The Level 6 also is crap like you said, I couldnt find one I liked. Invigorating stride requires ending the move not adjacent to an enemy, I dont really see the functionaility of that on a build purely designed for melee.    

Blade cascade is to be spent on a second new target (aiming for 2 rounds/ two kills)

werewolf Frenzy and Killers mind are there for the +2 attack (to keep accuracy at 90% after the bloodied half-orc buff goes away) anything else is gravy but its flexible and not really required at that point, so they can be easily flipped out. 

If wicked blade is replaced with prime strike its at 95% accuracy for those first 2 roounds against an isolated target. (The DPR Kings thread calculates accuracy into the KPR formula, without the maxed hit rate and the "padding" powers it doesnt achieve the 1.0+ KPR for the first 1-2 rounds)

I did not see anything in the power wording stating that the character cannot simply start the day in form (and communicate with others while shifted?) If that is not true, the whole thing is pretty much screwed and ill need to swap to a frost combo. Also, I view hunters quarry as a minor action for 7 average damage a round (9 by boosting it to d8's)

I like the frost combo but am trying to do something at least slightly different than the standard frost cheese build (I dont see nearly as many bloody builds)   

I would need to redistribute the ability array into a 16 16 13 11 10 8 to pickup battle awareness, cyclone warrior is the best one I could grab with the setup I have.   

Edit:

Thinking about the frost combo some more... Please correct me if I am wrong but I was under the impression that you are prevented from having doubles of the same weapon (otherwise I would double up the blood fury and use the daily powers to bloody myself instead for even higher damage) Most of the Ranger multiattacks (such as twin strike) requirwe alternating between mainhand and off hand. 

I didnt see a second enchantment type besides frost weapon with a cold damage swap built in. That means that first hit is spent appling the vulnerability and i dont hit it with cold damage until the 3rd. I must be missing something because that seems awefully innefective.    

Level 16 character without Superior Will seems unwise, particularly a ranger.

I'd start with an array of 16/13/14/8/14/10, and pump str/dex, qualify for Superior Will after level 11. Coincidentally you also qualify for Battle Awareness out of the gate. You can still keep the improved defenses, or burn the extra feat to get all 3 superior defenses.

Ditch bastard sword, grab Doublesword instead (recovers the point of AC you would be losing from not starting with a 16 dex). You make up the difference between d6 and d10 with +2 damage from LBE, and Swift Blade Style is just extra. And it's one weapon, so stick frost on it, grab shard and gloves, you're good to go, dealing as much or more damage from your bloodied bonuses. Instead of weapon focus, you can grop Icy Heart for another small bump... Or not, if you're afraid of cold resist/immune things.

Also for a half-orc, I think Thirst for Battle is better than Improved Init.

Feats might look something like:

1. Doublesword
2. LBE
4. Focus (retrain to Icy Heart at 11)
6. Battle Awareness
8. Cunning Stalker
10. Swift Blade Style
11. Lasting Frost
12. Superior Will
14. Superior Reflexes
16. Thirst for Battle? (I'd just do Superior Fortitude here)

Feat order is negotiable, depending on party/campaign and other needs.
Level 16 character without Superior Will seems unwise, particularly a ranger.

I'd start with an array of 16/13/14/8/14/10, and pump str/dex, qualify for Superior Will after level 11. Coincidentally you also qualify for Battle Awareness out of the gate. You can still keep the improved defenses, or burn the extra feat to get all 3 superior defenses.

Ditch bastard sword, grab Doublesword instead (recovers the point of AC you would be losing from not starting with a 16 dex). You make up the difference between d6 and d10 with +2 damage from LBE, and Swift Blade Style is just extra. And it's one weapon, so stick frost on it, grab shard and gloves, you're good to go, dealing as much or more damage from your bloodied bonuses. Instead of weapon focus, you can grop Icy Heart for another small bump... Or not, if you're afraid of cold resist/immune things.

Also for a half-orc, I think Thirst for Battle is better than Improved Init.

Feats might look something like:

1. Doublesword
2. LBE
4. Focus (retrain to Icy Heart at 11)
6. Battle Awareness
8. Cunning Stalker
10. Swift Blade Style
11. Lasting Frost
12. Superior Will
14. Superior Reflexes
16. Thirst for Battle? (I'd just do Superior Fortitude here)

Feat order is negotiable, depending on party/campaign and other needs.

Hmmm, Yeah the doublesided weapon fixes the enchnatment problem. I am liking this one. Curiousity question would be to compare this to being a : Wood Elf Scout MC Spiked Chain PP Blade dancer .

Thank you so much. 
The Invigorating Stride issue is simple: Don't use the Move at all, just treat it as a Move Action 2nd Wind and it's already earning it's value as a Power. Of course, there are situations where you didn't finish something off, but you know someone else will and/or you need to get out of a zone/aura/reach of an immobilized Hydra.

As for the Wolf Shape power: "Effect: You change from your humanoid form to a beast form—a wolf—that lasts until the end of the encounter." Being an Encounter Power, you can't be in it constantly, especially not immediately after an extended rest.
"Invokers are probably better round after round but Wizard dailies are devastating. Actually, devastating is too light a word. Wizard daily powers are soul crushing, encounter ending, havoc causing pieces of awesome." -AirPower25 Sear the Flesh, Purify the Soul; Harden the Heart, and Improve the Mind; Born of Blood, but Forged by Fire; The MECH warrior reaches perfection.
The Invigorating Stride issue is simple: Don't use the Move at all, just treat it as a Move Action 2nd Wind and it's already earning it's value as a Power. Of course, there are situations where you didn't finish something off, but you know someone else will and/or you need to get out of a zone/aura/reach of an immobilized Hydra.

As for the Wolf Shape power: "Effect: You change from your humanoid form to a beast form—a wolf—that lasts until the end of the encounter." Being an Encounter Power, you can't be in it constantly, especially not immediately after an extended rest.

Okay then, The build idea is completly scrapped. I might be able to start a munchkinish argument about how long an "encounter" is outside of combat and redoing it every short rest. That however is a lot of work, probably wont succeed and ultimately is subject to a DM fiat (big issue as this is going into a high level LFR game) I didnt recognize I could choose not to use the movement element (that explains why it is ranked the way it is then) Thanks for the clarifications.  

Easy - 5 minutes.
Back to Basics - A Guide to Basic Attacks You might be playing DnD wrong if... "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein
Curiousity question would be to compare this to being a : Wood Elf Scout MC Spiked Chain PP Blade dancer .

Human Spiked Chain Scout Adroit Explorer is a pretty good charger. Doesn't get as many interrupts/reactions/minor action attacks as the straight up ranger, but turns out pretty mobile and darned accurate. Lasting Frost always works on the second attack. Doublesword is still a decent option too with the human scout, and you can still MC fighter for Shocktrooper or Kensei. Pixie scout is yet another option that makes CA super easy. They are all fairly comparable. Party synergy could make one or the other significantly better, and I feel the ranger is typically going to benefit more from synergy, than the scout, unless there is a charge enabler.
Okay then, The build idea is completly scrapped.

IME, sometimes you'll have enough warning to know to wolf-out ahead of time.  Sometimes you won't, and need to spend a minor in the combat.  I don't usually find it to be a problem with most people I play with.

"Nice assumptions. Completely wrong assumptions, but by jove if being incorrect stopped people from making idiotic statements, we wouldn't have modern internet subculture." Kerrus
Practical gameplay runs by neither RAW or RAI, but rather "A Compromise Between The Gist Of The Rule As I Recall Getting The Impression Of It That One Time I Read It And What Jerry Says He Remembers, Whatever, We'll Look It Up Later If Any Of Us Still Give A Damn." Erachima

The double Axe counts as two weapons right?

Werewolf Scout MC Fighter PP Kensei (Martial cross training for a double hit encounter power)

Minor Action: Beast Form
Move Action: (downgrade to minor): Aspect of Charging Ram Stance
Standard Action: Charge (10 Speed)
Free Action #1: Furious Assault
Free Action #2: Power Strike
Free Action #3: Dual Weapon Attack
Action Point: Storm in The Trees

First Attack: 4d10 + 27 (Target knocked prone and made vulnerable on this hit)
Attacks 2-4: 2d10 +28 each

Total Average Damage:  166

Followup effect if both "Storm in The trees" attacks hit, shift 3 squares make a malee basic against new target (original is likely dead)
SMHP: 152  AC: 30

Personal Accuracy (excluding +1 from charge) +28 :  95%
damage Adjusted for Accuracy: 157 

Dangerous problem in that there is no superior will.....

level 16
Half-Orc, Ranger (Scout), Kensei
Ranger Wilderness Knacks Option: Mountain Guide (Ranger)
Ranger Wilderness Knacks Option: Ambush Expertise (Ranger)
Two-Weapon Style Option: Spinning Axe Mastery
Level 4 Wilderness Knack Option: Beast Empathy (Ranger)
Level 8 Wilderness Knack Option: Wilderness Tracker (Ranger)
Kensei Focus Option: Kensei Focus Double axe
Extra Muscle (Insight class skill)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 22, CON 12, DEX 22, INT 9, WIS 14, CHA 11

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 16, CON 11, DEX 16, INT 8, WIS 13, CHA 10

AC: 30 Fort: 30 Ref: 30 Will: 25
HP: 99 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 24

TRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +18, Insight +15, Intimidate +17, Nature +15, Perception +15, Stealth +18

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +7, Athletics +13, Bluff +8, Diplomacy +8, Dungeoneering +10, Endurance +10, Heal +10, History +7, Religion +7, Streetwise +8, Thievery +13

POWERS
Ranger Utility: Aspect of the Charging Ram
Ranger Utility: Aspect of the Pack Wolf
Ranger Attack: Dual Weapon Attack
Multiple Class Attack: Power Strike
Ranger Utility: Aspect of the Regal Lion
Ranger Utility 2: Invigorating Stride
Ranger Utility 5: Reactive Shift
Acrobatics Utility 6: Graceful Maneuver
Werewolf Utility 10: Werewolf Frenzy
Kensei Attack 11: Masterstroke
Kensei Utility 12: Ultimate Parry
Ranger Attack 13: Storm in the Trees
Insight Utility 16: Insightful Riposte

FEATS
Level 1: Weapon Proficiency (Double axe)
Level 2: Axe Expertise
Level 4: Martial Cross-Training
Level 6: Improved Defenses
Level 10: Improved Initiative
Level 11: Battle Awareness
Level 12: Headsman's Chop
Level 14: Lasting Frost
Level 16: Prime Strike

ITEMS
Frost Double axe +4 x1
Timeless Locket +3 x1
Claw Gloves x1
Double axe
====== End ======

The bad news is you only get 1 free action attack per turn.

The good news is that Power Strike is a No Action.
The bad news is you only get 1 free action attack per turn.

The good news is that Power Strike is a No Action.

Oddly enough, Due to Martial Cross Training, There is only one usage of Piwer Strike anyways so its mostly a non-issue.

Got This even Higher by Swapping to MC Druid PP Coiled Serpent
You get +5 on Stealth Checks (Trained + Dex + Half Level + 7) Assuming the DM lets you start the day with a stance active (so you can wild shape - Minor, Wolf Form - Minor, Charge - Standard)

level 16
Half-Orc, Ranger (Scout), Coiled Serpent
Two-Weapon Style Option: Spinning Axe Mastery

FINAL ABILITY SCORES

STARTING ABILITY SCORES

AC: 32 Fort: 30 Ref: 30 Will: 25

TRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +18, Athletics +18, Nature +15, Perception +15, Stealth +20

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +7, Bluff +8, Diplomacy +8, Dungeoneering +10, Endurance +10, Heal +10, History +7, Insight +10, Intimidate +12, Religion +7, Streetwise +8, Thievery +13

POWERS
Ranger Utility: Aspect of the Lurking Spider
Ranger Utility: Aspect of the Hungry Shark
Druid Feature: Wild Shape
Druid Attack 1: Grasping Claws
Acrobatics Utility 6: Timely Dodge
Coiled Serpent Attack 11: Constricting Coils
Coiled Serpent Utility 12: Serpent's Dash
Ranger Utility 16: Ranger's Parry

FEATS
Level 1: Weapon Proficiency (Double axe)
Level 2: Axe Expertise
Level 10: Prime Strike
Level 11: Initiate of the Old Faith
Level 12: Headsman's Chop
Level 16: Ferocious Tiger Form

ITEMS
Claw Gloves x1
Elven Chain Shirt (paragon tier)
Frost Double axe +4 x1
Timeless Locket +3 x1
====== End ======

Minor Action - Aspect OF Charging Ram
Minor Acton - Wolf Form(Hybrid)
Standard Action- Charge
Action Point - Storm In The Trees 

Action Point Nova:
Charge - Melee Basic (Attack #1) –(Apply Power Strike and Furious Assault)

4d10 + 2d6 + 21 (Average 50)   

Dual Weapon Strike (Attack #2)

2d10 + 2d6 + 30 (Average 48)

Action Point: Storm in the Trees (Attacks #3 and #4)

2d10 + 2d6 + 26 (Average 44)

2d10 +2d6 + 26 (Average 44)

Total = 186 Damage (167.4 Adjusted for Accuracy)

SMHP  (Level 16) = 152
KPR = 1 .101  Note Does Not Include the Ongoing 10 Poison damage or the free melee basic against a 2nd Target

Atwill (No Enocunter/Daily Powers) 

KPR/DPR Kings Formula

At-will Charging DPR (Either provoke to move away or use one of the 2 utility power shifts)

36 (34.2) Basic Attack + 48 (43.2) Dual Weapon Attack. = 84 (77.4 Adjusted For Accuracy)

84(77.4) / 152 = .55 (.509 KPR)  2 Round Kill!

I was looking through the DPR Kings thread and was slightly confused on the rules. To qualify, do builds need to be using purely at-will abilities or are ecnounter powers usable as well? I seem to be have passed the optimized (broken) Striker benchamrk of 76 DPR. 

Double Sword beats the pants off Double Axe.

I Disagree:
Light Blades Do not Qualify for Headman's Chop (5 damage) and I am getting +2 Damage from Spiinin g Axe Mastery.

Edit:
Acck its 80% BAse Accuracy not 90% .... Crap..... Need to fix the Math. Not going to hit the number

I Disagree:
Light Blades Do not Qualify for Headman's Chop (5 damage) and I am getting +2 Damage from Spiinin g Axe Mastery.

Edit:
Acck its 80% BAse Accuracy not 90% .... Crap..... Need to fix the Math. Not going to hit the number

Light Blades get +2 accuracy and +2 damage from Expertise. Better than 5 damage, especially when your second attack depends entirely on your first attack hitting.

I Disagree:

Edit:

Light Blades get +2 accuracy and +2 damage from Expertise. Better than 5 damage, especially when your second attack depends entirely on your first attack hitting.

I suppose If Im Not requiring the target to be prone for headimans chop I could use a pure damage aspect as well. Okay, Ill Take a look

Adjusted for Nisanguns Suggestions. Now I actually have the 90% Accuracy (95% on Charge) Lurking Spider IS The Default Stance. 

level 16
Half-Orc, Ranger (Scout), Coiled Serpent
Two-Weapon Style Option: Flashing Blade Mastery
Inherent Bonuses

FINAL ABILITY SCORES

STARTING ABILITY SCORES

AC: 33 Fort: 30 Ref: 30 Will: 25

TRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +18, Athletics +18, Dungeoneering +15, Nature +15, Perception +15, Stealth +20

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +7, Bluff +8, Diplomacy +8, Endurance +10, Heal +10, History +7, Insight +10, Intimidate +12, Religion +7, Streetwise +8, Thievery +13

POWERS
Ranger Utility: Aspect of the Lurking Spider
Ranger Utility: Aspect of the Hungry Shark
Druid Feature: Wild Shape
Druid Attack 1: Pounce
Acrobatics Utility 6: Timely Dodge
Coiled Serpent Attack 11: Constricting Coils
Coiled Serpent Utility 12: Serpent's Dash
Ranger Utility 16: Ranger's Parry

FEATS
Weapon Proficiency (Double sword)
Level 2: Light Blade Expertise
Level 10: Prime Strike
Level 11: Initiate of the Old Faith
Level 12: Nimble Blade
Level 16: Ferocious Tiger Form

ITEMS
Claw Gloves x1
Elven Chain Shirt (paragon tier)
Frost Double axe +4
Timeless Locket +3 x1
Frost Double sword +4 x1
====== End ======

Action Point Nova:
Charge - Melee Basic (Attack #1) –(Apply Power Strike and Furious Assault)

1d10 + 5d6 + 24  =  47

Dual Weapon Strike (Attack #2)

1d10 +3d6 + 30 = 46

Action Point: Storm in the Trees (Attacks #3 and #4)

1d10 +3d6 +26 = 42

1d10 +3d6 +26 = 42

177 damage (161.3 DPR after Accuracy adjustment)

SMHP  (Level 16) = 152 
KPR = 1 .06  

*Note Does Not Include the Ongoing 10 Poison damage nor the free melee basic against a 2nd Target

Atwill (No Enocunter/Daily Powers) 

KPR/DPR Kings Formula

At-will Charging DPR (Either provoke to move away or use one of the 2 utility power shifts)

37 (35.15) Basic Attack + 46 (41.4) Dual Weapon Attack. = 83 (76.55Adjusted For Accuracy)

83(76.55) / 152 = .546 (.503 KPR)  2 Round Kill!

I Disagree:

Edit:

Usually but not always the case. And it's not just +5 damage from headman's chop, it's also +2/[W] and the ability to get high-crit for a feat etc.
Back to Basics - A Guide to Basic Attacks You might be playing DnD wrong if... "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein
You have to have a really big weapon and make a lot of attacks to make high crit worth a feat.
10/10 Would Flame Again: An Elite Paladin|Warlock The Elemental Man (or Woman): A Genasi Handbook The Warlord, Or How to Wield a Barbarian One-Handed The Bookish Barbarian Fardiz: RAI is fairly clear, but RAZ is different That's right. Rules According to Zelink!
At epic you crit 10% and do 3[w] extra, so on a double axe it is worth 0.1(5.5*3)=1.65 extra per attack. Not amazing but you eventually run out of feats that are worth more damage than that, particularly on certain classes.

I Disagree:

Edit:

Usually but not always the case. And it's not just +5 damage from headman's chop, it's also +2/[W] and the ability to get high-crit for a feat etc.

Deadly Axe is not a great feat (especially with no expanded crit range) - and that build couldn't take it until Epic anyway.
At epic you crit 10% and do 3[w] extra, so on a double axe it is worth 0.1(5.5*3)=1.65 extra per attack. Not amazing but you eventually run out of feats that are worth more damage than that, particularly on certain classes.

Perhaps I missed it - how is he critting on a 19? Axe Mastery is out.

Perhaps I missed it - how is he critting on a 19? Axe Mastery is out.

A good point well made.