October Errata?

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
No sign of Octobers errata yet.

Also, I seem to remember someone mentioned that the September errata was minimal and would be rolled up into the October errata - but I cannot find the post where I read that.
Ah, I was thinking of this post, which is about the DDI updates -
community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

Still, shouldnt we be expecting an errata document on the last day of October? Or has there been a change to the errata cycle?
No, Rules Update is the same thing as errata. The DDI update is something else. I'm not sure why we haven't seen anything.
A week ago crazy_monkey said that September's rules update will be rolled into the October rules update as there was only one correction for September.

In case you were wondering where the September rules update went...

September's rules update will be rolled into the October rules update as there was only one correction for September. 

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

Cheers, just need to wait for the update to be posted now.
Well, its a new week and still no sign. Is this month being skipped?
It sure looks that way.

Between the table of contents for the latest dragon magazine and the lack of 4e rules updates, I starting to think that 4e is pretty much finished. I wonder what they're going to do with Dragon and Dungeon for the next 18 months before 5e is released?
It sure looks that way.

Between the table of contents for the latest dragon magazine and the lack of 4e rules updates, I starting to think that 4e is pretty much finished. I wonder what they're going to do with Dragon and Dungeon for the next 18 months before 5e is released?

give us old articals again hopeing we will not notice, or a "best of" or "classic" selection
Insulting someones grammar on a forum is like losing to someone in a drag race and saying they were cheating by having racing stripes. Not only do the two things not relate to each other (the logic behind the person's position, and their grammar) but you sound like an idiot for saying it (and you should, because its really stupid )
Any of the VCLs able to offer any insight about the errata? I am guessing it may have been delayed due to the DDN playtest docs, but would be good to know if we should expect an update this month, or at the end of the month.
Raised a call with CS, will post up if I hear anything.
Had a reply, the pertinent part is as follows -

Thanks for reporting this issue! I have submitted this issue to the appropriate department for review. I cannot guarantee any further follow up with you about this issue but we may contact you for further information. We appreciate your help in improving our products.

Don't think there is much else to be done now, but wait and see.

Did they say WHICH november you'd be seeing the erratta?  You only ASSUMED it was November 2012.   
Sadly, I think your right. No updates for 2 months on the run, not even an explanation given.

Does not bode well for the November update - or the biannual major update due in December.
Yup, a sorry state of things for 4e :P.

Ahhh Wizards... Always with the promises you do not keep...
Are you threatening me master jedi? Dungeons & Dragons 4e Classic - The Dark Edition
Ah, there's that bus that WotC threw us under ...
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.
Ah, there's that bus that WotC threw us under ...

Even more when you take into account this: http://www.wizards.com/DnD/Article.aspx?x=dnd/giftguide/2012

There is no 4th edition book there...we are actually the sacrificial lamb to please grognards, is a PR stunt from WotC to please 4th edition haters, because there is no better way to please them than to basically tell the 4e players to GTFO...If WotC don't care for 4th edition players neither for this edition or the "Next", why they don't just say it? instead of having some sort of naive hope for it?
Yes, they sure won't generate much "brand loyalty" with the fans of 4ed... Unfortunately, 4th's presentation made much to dissuade older players from buying it, and nowadays, it is really the "black sheep" of D&D, the great "villain" of the brand...

It's no wonder then that the 4e fanbase will be thrown aside in favor of the ones they now intend to appease . Mexrage's analogy of the "sacrificial lamb", although somewhat a bit overdramatic, is quite fitting. To many of the haters, WotC can only gain their respect again if they burn 4e - and their players...

Bah, don't really care anymore. If Next becomes a good system - great, I'll migrate. If not, I'll remain in 4th and cordially disagree with anyone who thinks I do not play D&D "right" :P.
Are you threatening me master jedi? Dungeons & Dragons 4e Classic - The Dark Edition
I seem to remember last year being particularly bad for updates to be published on time, so thought it would be good to go back and see how consistently they were delivered this year.

Jan 12 - Delayed, included in February update
Feb 12 - Delivered 29th February
Mar 12 - Delivered 31st March
Apr 12 - Delivered 30th April
May 12 - Delivered 31st May
Jun 12 - Delivered 3rd July (I think)
Jul 12 - Delivered 31st July
Aug 12 - Delivered 31st August
Sep 12 - Not delivered
Oct 12 - Not delivered

Tbh, its much better than I thought! A shaky start to the year, but pretty much on course until the September/October issues. I hope that this means we will see a return to form in the November update, which will have all 3 months bundled in.
Sign In to post comments