Jund Aggro!!!! READ please and comment ideas welcom!!!!

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
I threw this together after seeing multiple jund decks in all top 8 lists on the net.

4 Blood Crypt
4 Overgrown tomb
4 Rootbound Crag
1 Kessig Wolf Run
3 Dragonskull Summit
3 Swamp
4 Woodland Cemetary

3 Huntmaster of the fells
4 Vampire Nighthawk
4 Hellhole Flailer
4 Thragtusk
3 Thundermaw Hellkite
2 Disciple of Bolas
2 Garruk Primal Hunter 

4 Dreadbore 
4 Farseek
4 Rancor
2 Revenge of the hunted

Please comment and tell me what you think. Considering Rakdos Keyrune, Knight of Infamy, Vexing devil maybe? havent had a chance to playtest fully yet but please let me know what you think.
Cut Hellhole Flailer, who is unplayable, for 3 Keyrune, and an extra land, cut revenge of the Hunted for Rakdos' return.
I threw this together after seeing multiple jund decks in all top 8 lists on the net.

4 Blood Crypt
4 Overgrown tomb
4 Rootbound Crag
1 Kessig Wolf Run
3 Dragonskull Summit
3 Swamp
4 Woodland Cemetary

3 Huntmaster of the fells
4 Vampire Nighthawk
4 Hellhole Flailer
4 Thragtusk
3 Thundermaw Hellkite
2 Disciple of Bolas
2 Garruk Primal Hunter 

4 Dreadbore 
4 Farseek
4 Rancor
2 Revenge of the hunted

Please comment and tell me what you think. Considering Rakdos Keyrune, Knight of Infamy, Vexing devil maybe? havent had a chance to playtest fully yet but please let me know what you think.

I think that Rakdos Keyrune would be good in the sideboard, as would Knight of Infamy. Vexing Devil, on the other hand, is not for this deck. You have a solid list here; I think the main improvement would be incorporating reach (Brimstone Volley), and perhaps card draw (Sign in Blood).

I really like Vampire Nighthawk, but I feel like he is a bit more of a defensive drop, and you may have issues coming up with BB in the early game. Also, Disciple of Bolas seems to situational to me. I would consider Falkenrath Aristocrat, Gravecrawler, Geralf's Messenger, Diregraf Ghoul, and Lotleth Troll.

Also, if you find that you're having mana-fixing issues, consider Chromatic Lantern and Borderland Ranger.

Clutch, what on earth would you sideboard Keyrunes or Knights for? They don't hose particular bad matchups.

A sideboard is not just a list of cards you couldn't fit in the maindeck.
Literal "lol," Cato. Thanks for that.

OP, it's not "aggro" if you spend your first two turns playing land and doing nothing else.
Just got done playing FNM at local store. Here is the list i ran.
i won 2 lost 2 games. So it wasnt that bad.
Control decks i would say are my worst match up. Sideboard suggestions?

4x Huntmaster
3x Thundermaw Hellkite
3x Dreg Mangler
4x Strangleroot geist
4x Vampire Nighthawk
4x Thragtusk

2x Garruk, Primal Hunter

3x Dreadbore
4x Farseek
4x Pillar of Flame

4x Woodland cemetary
2x Kessig wolf run
4x Blood Crypt
4x Forest
4x Rootbound Crag
4x Overgrown Tomb

After playing 4 different people yes i need to fit in sign in blood or underwold connections. Rakdos Keyrune or Avacyn's Pilgrim or the other elf mana dork maybe needed. I might exchange Huntmasters for Aristocrats. I dont know.... So many Jace's ,Tamiyo's and Supreme Verdicts in my meta.            

2-2 is pretty much the definition of "bad" in competitive Magic. This is midrange on an exceptionally good day.
Abrupt Decay, Rise from the Grave, and Chromatic Lantern spring to mind.

The first works against critical early game threats, opposing mana acceleration, and offers certainty against those control you say you come up against.

The second offers mid to late game recursion, allowing you to bring back any one of the large, heavyweight creatures you have - naturally, I'd go for Thundermaw Hellkite or Huntmaster of the Fells, and Thragtusk if you're on the way out of the match. 

You could, if you wanted, spend turns 1-3 either Pillar of Flame or Duress, and then Chromatic Lantern, and then sweep - but Farseek is too good to pass up if you're running such a heavy amount of non-basic lands. (If you add the lantern, or indeed, any colour of the keyrune, then you can definately drop to 22 land).

Revenge of the Hunted can replace Ranor outright if you're vying for space, and then any flexibility you have left should go to card draw and burn - Street Spasm hits anything Thundermaw Hellkite can't, and Mizzium Mortars, though more expensive, is always swingy.

Past in Flames and a little more mana on your side of the table gives you additional castings of Dreadbore against the planeswalker based decks, but Creeping renaissance is a sleeper hit, and it affords you potential hand refills and mass recursion against heavy removal like Supreme Verdict.  The latter card is also ridicously cheap, but may take the deck away from your original idea.

Just some food for thought, good luck!