Kresh Agression

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
So I really want to do an insanely aggressive Kresh EDH deck. Not really sure where to go with it at the moment so it was suggested I come to the community for some ideas. I'd definitely like to have Vraska the Unseen as a win condition and also implement Doubling Season as well as light tokens, maybe some devour. Thoughts and suggestions are always appreciated. Thank you all who reply
Swords and anything to make Kresh unblockable like Rogue's Passage or Whispersilk Cloak seem good for this. Also ways to give haste like Boots, Grieves, or Anger.
If you want to go tokens route I'd suggest Bitterblossom. Also Disciple of Bolas. Check out things like Sneak Attack.
I dunno about force of savagery. I'd rather play cloudthresher.

3DH4LIF3

Deaths shadow also does nothing if it dies because of your life total. It would have zero power.

3DH4LIF3

Sneak Attack + Worldspine wurm for hilarious amounts of winning. Definitely playing that hahaha.
Token generators in general are really good with Kresh. I'd also recommend Beastmaster Ascension (only need to pop three Eldrazi spawn to make Kresh deadly once it's active), Doubling Season, and Corpsejack Menace (both of which double his +1/+1 counters). If you go the token route (I like Mycoloth and Krenko, Mob Boss.), Parallel Lives is nice.

You can also use Sneak Attack or lots of Ball Lightning-type cards.

Finish up with anything that makes Kresh unblockable.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Got Doubling Season and Mycoloth in there. Corpsejack is defintely going in. Thanks for the suggestion. And I'm definitely getting a Sneak Attack but it'll prolly be the last card I get seeing as how it's averaging $45 each ahaha.
Hatred lets you pay life to boost Power. Flowstone Slide is a huge Kresh support spell that can net him a lot of counters.
I love the Flowstone Slide. I also slipped in Havoc Festival and was considering Platinum Emperion in there as well. Thoughts? And thanks to everyone commenting as well, I always appreciate other's input.
Decree of Savagery can put 4 +1/+1 counters on all your creatures or you can cycle it.
Borborygmos can also pass out +1/+1 counters.
Primordial Hydra gets big quick, and so does Hamletback Goliath, especially with the two "double the counters you get" cards. 

I'm not sure if this actually works, but if you can get out Death's Presence and anything persist, they should just keep coming back stronger every time they die, and pump up Kresh while they do that. If you have anything with "Sacrifice a creature" being the only ability cost, you'd get infinite counters on the thing with persist, infinite counters on Kresh, and infinite whatever the sac outlet does.
I like the Hydra, but how about a few cards to really make this deck move fast? Sol Ring and Greaves are of course a given but what else can I throw in to make it fast and aggressive? Thanks for all the input so far though
Sheoldred, Whispering One is good for "you lose one, I get one back" every turn. And she plays well with Kresh.

Blade of the Bloodchief is good in all Voltron decks.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Deathrend, I'm beginning to think is a good choice too.