My Thoughts on TWF

I want to figure out how to help WoTC fix the TWF... I just ... Yeah it has always been pretty messed up (I'm looking at you 3.5/4e). I'm gonna need some help with this one.

Two Weapon Fighting (TWF)

When you wield two melee weapons at the same time (main hand and off hand weapons), you can attack with both of them, provided at least one of them is a light weapon.

Make two separate attacks, one for each weapon. You gain all normal modifiers on both attacks and if you have advantage/disadvantage you gain it on both attacks. The damage for your main hand weapon is normal but the damage for your off hand weapon is minimized. When fighting with two weapons you give up your reaction for that turn, if you use your reaction in the current round but before your turn you then lose the ability to TWF.

This Causes the Following

• Using TWF does boost damage a little bit (but not insanely)

• Use their reaction even when the enemy isn't moving away from them (though waiting for an AoO will be more damage)

• Makes you loose some defense (I'm looking at Parry/Defend)

• Doesn't give them more actions than a normal PC would have.

• People may choose this now that you don't have to take disadvantage... -_-;;

Example:
Main Hand/Off Hand Attack: 1d20 + Str/Dex + Weapon Attack Mod + Misc

Main Hand Damage: |W| + Str/Dex + Misc

Off Hand Damage: |W|* + Str/Dex + Misc

* Where the weapon damage is minimized to the lowest posible (2d4 = 2, 1d8 = 1, 3d12 = 3..etc)

Hmmm the fighter at level 6 could have 3 attacks.... Not sure how to deal with that just yet.

Did I make TWF better? Can it be broken in this fashion? Any thoughts?
I'd say this is too weak, you are giving up +1 AC, any reactions including Parry, all for a possible...  5, 6 damage at best? I wouldn't choose this at all because I am giving up way more than I am gaining.

Personally, how they had Two-weapon fighting in the last playtest seemed the closest to being balanced. Just allow the main hand to wield a normal weapon, not just a finesse weapon, and explain if the expertise dice are halved as well. Much simpler and more solid than most anything else I've seen in the packets or on the forums.
I want to figure out how to help WoTC fix the TWF... I just ... Yeah it has always been pretty messed up (I'm looking at you 3.5/4e). I'm gonna need some help with this one.

Two Weapon Fighting (TWF)

When you wield two melee weapons at the same time (main hand and off hand weapons), you can attack with both of them, provided at least one of them is a light weapon.

Make two separate attacks, one for each weapon. You gain all normal modifiers on both attacks and if you have advantage/disadvantage you gain it on both attacks. The damage for your main hand weapon is normal but the damage for your off hand weapon is minimized. When fighting with two weapons you give up your reaction for that turn, if you use your reaction in the current round but before your turn you then lose the ability to TWF.

This Causes the Following

• Using TWF does boost damage a little bit (but not insanely)

• Use their reaction even when the enemy isn't moving away from them (though waiting for an AoO will be more damage)

• Makes you loose some defense (I'm looking at Parry/Defend)

• Doesn't give them more actions than a normal PC would have.

• People may choose this now that you don't have to take disadvantage... -_-;;

Example:
Main Hand/Off Hand Attack: 1d20 + Str/Dex + Weapon Attack Mod + Misc

Main Hand Damage: |W| + Str/Dex + Misc

Off Hand Damage: |W|* + Str/Dex + Misc

* Where the weapon damage is minimized to the lowest posible (2d4 = 2, 1d8 = 1, 3d12 = 3..etc)

Hmmm the fighter at level 6 could have 3 attacks.... Not sure how to deal with that just yet.

Did I make TWF better? Can it be broken in this fashion? Any thoughts?

Maybe TWF should added to the Maneuvers part of the game, since fighting with two weapons is exclusive to martial combat, but not limited to a specific class.

For example: by spending one expertise die, the character can make a second attack (or possibly even defend with a +1 AC) with an off-hand weapon.  I'm not sure how the off-hand weapon's damage amount or type might be worked in, but I think that this type of solution would easily fit within the Expertise mechanic.