Grindstone, Painter's Servant and Seal of Primordium

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'm in a group game, 4 players casual.  There is a Seal of Primordium on the field by my green deck player friend.  I have enough mana to play Painter's Servant and Grindstone .  The other two players are tapped out, luckily.  For reasons beyond understanding I am able to put down both cards before the player even registers to destroy one before I put all of them in play.  I sit there waiting for the green player to target one of my cards before I respond with grindstone.  He sacrifices Seal of Primordium and I use grindstone in response to the card and mill him entirely.   Here is my question that was brought up in the game:

Is my grindstone destroyed at all from Seal of Primordium?

When grindstone repeats itself, does it go on the stack again?
1. it is destroyed, but that doesn't matter

2. no, it just repeats itself during resolution, no player can respond once it started

your opponent should have destroyed Painter's Servant to stop you
proud member of the 2011 community team
It won't matter if they target Servant instead of Stone: if you activate Stone in response to Primordium, their entire Library will get milled.

true, they have to wait until you activate the grindstone to destroy the painter to stop the complete milling
proud member of the 2011 community team
You're playng chicken: the first one to blink gets screwed!

For reasons beyond understanding I am able to put down both cards before the player even registers to destroy one before I put all of them in play.

That's indeed surprising: they should have used Primordium to destroy one of those cards while the other was on the Stack.
Perhaps they weren't paying attention? Or perhaps you played too quickly, illegally disallowing them the time to respond?

For reasons beyond understanding I am able to put down both cards before the player even registers to destroy one before I put all of them in play.

That's indeed surprising: they should have used Primordium to destroy one of those cards while the other was on the Stack.
Perhaps they weren't paying attention? Or perhaps you played too quickly, illegally disallowing them the time to respond?

He was on his cell phone ogling a full art card on e-bay.   Do you want me to tell him he has a chance to screw me up when he isn't completely focused on the game?   :P

But yeah, thank you guys for the help.  Now I know that he WILL be milled, but at the cost of good card T^T
Oh, and it's not like Karma didn't bite me back in the butt.  I lost painter's servant the next turn, got demonic tutor when it was my next turn.  Used it to get painter's servant again of course.  But because I "trusted" them, you know how friends are in a magic game, my servant was countered by Negate.  I will remind you that when that card is used in the game, I "assumed" it was an all counter card.....  -_-  pricks :P
Negate couldn't have countered Painter's Servant because the servant is a creature
Negate couldn't have countered Painter's Servant because the servant is a creature

Right, and as he said, he wasn't paying close enough attention to what his opponent's Negate did, and assumed it was a Counterspell.
57193048 wrote:
srs rls mgr is srs
57125208 wrote:
"If you're having defense problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 soldiers but they're just 1/1."