How did you get started roleplaying?

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
How did you get started roleplaying?  Was it a friend, parent, book, game, or some crazy turn of fate that brought you into the community?  I'm kind of hoping for some crazy stories here, but I'll settle for anything.
It all began when I was a child. I would act out my serial killer fantasies with the neighbors girl dolls, which pissed herr off cuz I sliced up all her rotten dolls. But what really made her cry was when I hung her cat.
*shrug*
And then, in my teens, I started playing D&D and listening to heavy metal music backwards. My grandmother called in a priest, but I just screamed at my grandma and pushed the priest out of the house while he screamed something about "demon possession" and junk...
Now, after serving 15 years for murder, I am finally a free man and wanting to play D&D again!
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse."- John Stuart Mill “Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”― William F. Buckley "The straw in your man is amazing."- Maxperson Original Hipster of the House of Trolls: I was hipster before hipster was cool Resident Hater Mini Hate Machine

And that's what you get for asking the OTT!
Owner and Proprietor of the House of Trolls. God of ownership and possession.

Honestly, I'm just happy to have one of my forum posts last more than 10 minutes before getting deleted.  Troll away!
Warcraft III
Resident Piggles Zombie piggy is eatin' your sigs om nom nom (>*o*)>
MTG Card
Front: PigKnight, One Line Poster (3W) Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Vigilance When this creature dies, return him to play and transform him. (2/3) >(5/3)< Back: (Black)ZombiePiggles, Eater of Tomato Sauce Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Zombie Trample, Intimidate B: Regenerate this creature. When this creature is the target of a white spell, transform this creature. (5/3)

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/15.jpg)

Honestly, I'm just happy to have one of my forum posts last more than 10 minutes before getting deleted.  Troll away!

What makes you think he was trolling?
Boraxe wrote: "Knowledge of the rules and creativity are great attributes for a DM, but knowing when to cut loose and when to hold back, when to follow the rules and when to discard them, in order to enhance the enjoyment of the game is the most important DM skill of all." Keeper of the Sacred Kitty Bowl of the House of Trolls. Resident Kitteh-napper.

Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay when I was, eh, between 13 and 16.

Didn't play for a few years now though.

You know, I was just thinking that.... *surprise face bite to ADHadh!*

You been zombiefied!

I survived Section 4 and all I got was this lousy sig Off-topic and going downhill from there
Warcraft III

Oh, and I havnt forgot about you piggles, oh, wait, youre already a zombie, damnit!
I survived Section 4 and all I got was this lousy sig Off-topic and going downhill from there

*bites robert*

Gah! Tastes like plastic! 

You been zombiefied!

Crap! And here I hoped my avatar would deter any brain-eating creatures.

You been zombiefied!

Nah, just girls with taste.

Looks who is talking!
You got nerve!
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse."- John Stuart Mill “Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”― William F. Buckley "The straw in your man is amazing."- Maxperson Original Hipster of the House of Trolls: I was hipster before hipster was cool Resident Hater Mini Hate Machine
*Bites Robin Hoodlum. Robin has now been infected with the ZetaZombie virus*

Especially with that dead rat ontop of his head.
http://guild.medialoungeca.com/index.php?action=forum The Guild I'm apart of. We're in WOW, STO, Rift and soon Star Wars feel free to register and hang out. http://sparkster11.deviantart.com/ my deviantart Wheelman of the House of Trolls, "I love it when you watch" Carrier of Section 2, 3 and 6 cargo. Resident Driver Stud God of Transportation and Lust.

You been zombiefied!

Nah, just girls with taste.

Looks who is talking!
You got nerve!

And you've got stories about geriatric "hotties."
Also... Braaains!!!
/Bites RH... Damnit! It's empty! 
Nut Eating Resident Sociopathic Eye Forker 2346-strong Squirrel leigon of DOOM Squirrel Overlord of the House of Trolls Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy. ~Ernest Benn The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. ~P.J. O'Rourke "I actually held public office and I left the only way a politician should, in handcuffs." ~ Chael Sonnen It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it! ~ Upton Sinclair Kicked Adam and Eve out of Missouri. Wears flip-flops in church buildings. Official troller of Kolob.
This is not a trapp
My temple name is Elohim. What is your super-secret temple name?
Riddle me this
How can two people with physical bodies make spirit babies?
*Two points about this gag. Firstly, every writer of anything makes typos and I’m no different. It’s “there but for the grace of God go I” rather than schadenfreude here. The second is something called Muphry’s Law (no, it is Muphry’s, not Murphy’s) which states that any piece correcting or laughing at a typo, spelling or grammatical mistake will contain at least one worse than the original being complained of.
What makes you think he was trolling?

I didn't think he was trolling.  I just invited a free-for-all to celebrate my first post in this thread that wasn't deleted.

It's always fun to see a post actually survive.

*shuffles and then tackles. bites robertkety* Braiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnsssssssss!  *robert is now infected with the zombie virus*
http://guild.medialoungeca.com/index.php?action=forum The Guild I'm apart of. We're in WOW, STO, Rift and soon Star Wars feel free to register and hang out. http://sparkster11.deviantart.com/ my deviantart Wheelman of the House of Trolls, "I love it when you watch" Carrier of Section 2, 3 and 6 cargo. Resident Driver Stud God of Transportation and Lust.
I knew I should have called dibs on RH's gray matter.
Sign In to post comments