Lorwyn block draft!

321 posts / 0 new
Last post
It's time for another Lorwyn block draft!

Next I'll try and see if I can do a triple Fallen Empires draft and then I plan on Urza's block.

Anyway...

Lorwyn, Lorwyn, Morningtide

Pack 1:

Masked Admirers
Ego Erasure
Pollen Lullaby
Boggart Harbinger
Wellgabber Apothecary
Glimmerdust Nap
Zephyr Net
Lignify
Faultgrinder
Footbottom Feast
Weed Strangle
Protective Bubble
Wispmare
Battlewand Oak
Lowland Oaf 
Masked Admirers, easily.  A decent sized body that is resurrectable with a great CiP ability is by far the best choice.
Admirers. Can't see anything interesting wheeling here but maybe we want one of the Black cards (I assume Lignify will be long gone) or perhaps the Battlewand.
Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!
Admirers. It's what evish visionary dreams of being.
Check out my cube!
Show
My sig was so awesome it broke Browsers, [url= http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29455423/For_some_reason...]I had to remove it.[/url] Support Magic Fiction! Or Bolas will eat you
57193048 wrote:
You should never explain layers to people unless one of the following is true: they're studying for a judge exam, you're both in a Ben Affleck movie and it's the only way to save the world, or you hate them.
56663526 wrote:
We try to maintain the illusion that Magic cards are written in English.
56333196 wrote:
69511863 wrote:
Hell, if they steal from us, we'd be honored.
oh my god, AWESOME! Then changing the Slivers was your idea! haha lol
56734518 wrote:
Occassionally when catering, I've been put the task of arranging Fruit and Cheese or Grilled Vegetable platters. More than once a high class buffet has started with the mark of Phyrexia upon it. Since i've got a good eye for color so it looks great to people who don't get the "joke" (it's a niceley divided circle after all: the outline gives you 4-6 "regions" to work with), this has actually got me put on platter design more often, resulting in Phyrexia's presence at more private and industry events.
I have 6917 Planeswalker points, that's probably more than you. [c=Hero's Resolve]"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune, mana screw; they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures." Gerrard of the Weatherlight[/c]
I admittedly know next to nothing about this format, but the Admirers seems pretty awesome as a source of repeatable card advantage. It's only too bad we have to pass these other sweet green cards.
Evidently, Admirers.
D&D rules were never meant to exist without the presence of a DM. RAW is a lie.
Masked Admirers.
I don't recall ever drafting Lorwyn/Morningtide before, so I might struggle a little in evaluating the cards. Battlewand Oak seems like it has a lot of potential, but I'll agree with the Masked Admirers pick.
I don't recall ever drafting Lorwyn/Morningtide before, so I might struggle a little in evaluating the cards. Battlewand Oak seems like it has a lot of potential, but I'll agree with the Masked Admirers pick.

Mafia Game Slots:

1. Open

2. Hundred Acres (Dead Town)

3. Open

4. Open

5. Open

6. Open

I didn't play during Lorwyn but Admirers seems like a strong card.
Yea Admirers.

I found Carmen Sandiego before you were born unless you're Zlehtnoba.

Mulldrifter. I don't know if blue/green is viable in this format, but it's the strongest card in the pack.
For me it's between mulldrifter and sentinels. we all know how good flashing in a flyer is, even if the 2/3 body is kind of weak. 

but yeah, let's go w mull. 

Harrier for me.  A repeatable tapper is very stong and better than both Growth and Mulldrifter in my opinion.
I remember both Incrementals being obscene to play against and this one is on color.  Definitely the Growth.

Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do.

I've seen angels fall from blinding heights. But you yourself are nothing so divine. Just next in line.

191752181 wrote:
All I'm saying is, I don't really see how she goes around petrifying swords and boots and especially mirrors. How the heck does she beat a Panoptic Mirror? It makes no sense for artifacts either. Or enchantments, for that matter. "Well, you see, Jimmy cast this spell to flood the mountain, but then the gorgon just looked at the water really hard and it went away."
Do you have to target 3 creatures? Or is this like common bond?

Harrier may be stronger than growth, and mulldrifter is definitely stronger than growth, but they pull us into other colors.  We KNOW we're green, and I don't see why we should move into another color when there's a perfectly good in color card there. 

While i tend to agree with your line of thinking here, i don't think we are commited to green yet. We only have 1 card so far, and even though it's a good card, it's not exactly a bomb. Mulldrifter seems like a P1P1 quality card that can be easily splashed, especially if we end up in green (I imagine green has decent fixing).
Do you have to target 3 creatures? Or is this like common bond?

You have to target 3 creatures.

What he said.  Unlike Common Bond and Seeds of Strength, Growth specifically states "a", "another" and a "third"

I've seen angels fall from blinding heights. But you yourself are nothing so divine. Just next in line.

191752181 wrote:
All I'm saying is, I don't really see how she goes around petrifying swords and boots and especially mirrors. How the heck does she beat a Panoptic Mirror? It makes no sense for artifacts either. Or enchantments, for that matter. "Well, you see, Jimmy cast this spell to flood the mountain, but then the gorgon just looked at the water really hard and it went away."
Cool, thx

I see the case for Harrier but I really think it comes down to Growth and Mulldrifter, and I like Mulldrifter better. It's easy to splash, is an Elemental (which I like) and can always just be Divination which is an awesome card.
Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!
I like Harriers probably more than I should.  That said, GW appears to be a lot easier to manage than GU, and I'm really not sure about Growth's power.
Susan Summerson from the Hell breaks loose Flavorful Voting Game http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29076567/Hell_breaking_loose:_an_Avacyn_Restored_voting_game?pg=1 Click here for more Forum Games:
Show
Susan Summerson also appeared in the Innistrad Mafia Game http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/28609371/Innistrad_Mafia?pg=1 Writer of Nally Bear from The Gathering Flavorful Voting Game: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/28846821/The_Gathering:_M12_flavorful_voting_game?pg=1 Writer of Phyrex the Myr from Phyrexia Reborn: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/27993097/Phyrexia_Reborn:_A_Flavorful_Voting_Game?pg=1 Writer of Tinker the Myr from Legacy of Karn: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/26647005/Karns_Legacy_(A_flavorful_voting_game) Writer of Crusader Tolkana, who has appeared in: Eldrazi Awaken: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/24071149/Eldrazi_Awaken:_A_flavorful_voting_game?pg=1 Colors of Magic: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/25352501/Colors_of_Magic:_a_flavor_game?pg=1 Guildwars III: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/26082093/Guildwars_III:_Shattered_Pact_(A_flavorful_voting_game)?pg=1 Writer of Isaic from Treasures of Zendikar http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/22819881/Treasures_of_Zendikar?post_id=402182877#402182877
Growth

Mafia Game Slots:

1. Open

3. Open

4. Open

5. Open

6. Open

Incremental growth seems ridiculous. I've only read/watched a little bit about this format, but I don't seem to recall blue/green being much of a deck- which is why I'm not going with the mulldrifter.
Mulldrifter is too good to pass. I remember Harriers being weak in this format.
Check out my cube!
Show
My sig was so awesome it broke Browsers, [url= http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29455423/For_some_reason...]I had to remove it.[/url] Support Magic Fiction! Or Bolas will eat you
57193048 wrote:
You should never explain layers to people unless one of the following is true: they're studying for a judge exam, you're both in a Ben Affleck movie and it's the only way to save the world, or you hate them.
56663526 wrote:
56333196 wrote:
69511863 wrote:
56734518 wrote:
Occassionally when catering, I've been put the task of arranging Fruit and Cheese or Grilled Vegetable platters. More than once a high class buffet has started with the mark of Phyrexia upon it. Since i've got a good eye for color so it looks great to people who don't get the "joke" (it's a niceley divided circle after all: the outline gives you 4-6 "regions" to work with), this has actually got me put on platter design more often, resulting in Phyrexia's presence at more private and industry events.
I have 6917 Planeswalker points, that's probably more than you. [c=Hero's Resolve]"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune, mana screw; they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures." Gerrard of the Weatherlight[/c]
Incremental Growth here.
I love drifter, but can't justify passing Growth in this creature heavy format.
wtf is a tribal instant?

The seer looks cool. So does the marsh and the changeling. I really know nothing about this set, but I'll go Seer. 

This set is insane.

I think it's between the Seer and the Extract. I'll pick Moonglove Extract. It doesn't seem great, but removal is removal.
Extract actually is great, it's a colorless shock.
wtf is a tribal instant?

A lot of the stuff in this set relies on creature type and being a Goblin in addition to being an instant, it can be returned by such things as Wort, Boggart Auntie, be searched for by Boggart Harbinger, or can reduce the cost of Squeaking Pie Sneak.  Outside of Lorwyn, if I remember correctly, it's another type that buffs Tarmogoyf.

191752181 wrote:
Extract

191752181 wrote:
Extract.
Extract.
Check out my cube!
Show
57193048 wrote:
56663526 wrote:
56333196 wrote:
69511863 wrote:
56734518 wrote:
Avian CHangeling

Mafia Game Slots:

1. Open

3. Open

4. Open

5. Open

6. Open

extract and i agree with the previous two picks. can't believe i didn't notice this.
I incline to Avian Changeling. Changeling could make combo with lots cards in Lorwyn.
Extract for colorless removal. If we wanted to move red, the Shock's better for sure.
I incline to Avian Changeling. Changeling could make combo with lots cards in Lorwyn.

NO REALLY?

What does 'No Really?' mean?