10/30/2012 RD: "Article 32, Provision VII, Section 700.42a"

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's ReConstructed, which goes live Tuesday morning on magicthegathering.com.

Ok.. but confusing.  Several times it's mentioned how blue and white will gain an advantage through tempo, and the final sentence offers using tempo advantage correctly as as important part of the strategy,  but I don't see any way you can call that a tempo deck.  It has only the four skynights that offer any tempo effect at all. It's the exact opposite of a tempo deck.  It's a white-weenie agro deck that happens to have some skynights that incidentally offer a tempo advantage.  It is purely a race to the finish line with few cards that interact with your opponent.
Hopefully this is where we post decks for ReConstructed; this is my first time replying to ReConstructed. Here's my take on an Izzet deck:

Dig, Dig, Boom

I used a watered-down version of this deck for RTR Game Day and it was way fun! Guttersnipe is evil and two copies unmolested can almost be considered degenerate. Several times my opponent thought he was fine with some board presence and twelve life against my single Guttersnipe. Then I'd untap, play a second Guttersnipe, and draw two discard two, draw one, draw one...oops, you're dead. That combined with board reset and hand refresh made it fairly difficult for any slower deck to gain momentum. The backup Psychic Spiral plan was cute but it never really killed anyone...usually I'd end up boarding it. Thanks for reading!
Hopefully this is where we post decks for ReConstructed; this is my first time replying to ReConstructed. Here's my take on an Izzet deck:

Dig, Dig, Boom

I used a watered-down version of this deck for RTR Game Day and it was way fun! Guttersnipe is evil and two copies unmolested can almost be considered degenerate. Several times my opponent thought he was fine with some board presence and twelve life against my single Guttersnipe. Then I'd untap, play a second Guttersnipe, and draw two discard two, draw one, draw one...oops, you're dead. That combined with board reset and hand refresh made it fairly difficult for any slower deck to gain momentum. The backup Psychic Spiral plan was cute but it never really killed anyone...usually I'd end up boarding it. Thanks for reading!

I beleive you are meant to email the link in the article with the list, though forum posting might be acceptably too.

As for the deck, Dissipate just seems out of place. When I have 3 mana, I imagine I'd normally rather add another or creature or two to the board. The only spell I'd actively want to counter instead of increasing board pressence, cannot be countered anyway. If the deck reaches the long, I feel like 3 random dissipates wouldn't be enough to win. In short, I feel like a cat is more useful.

Myths of Theros: Part 1, Part 2, Born of the Gods Myths

Beta Client, "Shiny", V4.0 tutorial

Momir Basic Primer

Your Cat may be more useful, but it's Izzet week, so a mono white card is not allowed. My suggestion is more Mizzium Mortars, I don't think you need more creatures, because cheap instants and sorceries feed your engine more efficiently.

To the guy who posted his deck, you should definitely use the email link at the bottom of the article to submit your deck. This *might* get seen, but better to be safe than sorry.
~ Current Decks I'm Playing or Building ~ (Click a deck's name to see list) [] CorpseJunk Menace/Township Counters (Standard) [] Reanimation/Clerics Theme Deck - Commander: Ghost Dad [] Devouring Tokens (Planechase, Multiplayer) [] Krark-Clan Ironworks: 2012 Edition (Modern) [] Azorious Turbo Fog (Modern)
On second thought, how about Index as a replacement?  it will trigger your Guttersnipes and stack your library so that you can reliably draw what you need to finish him off.
~ Current Decks I'm Playing or Building ~ (Click a deck's name to see list) [] CorpseJunk Menace/Township Counters (Standard) [] Reanimation/Clerics Theme Deck - Commander: Ghost Dad [] Devouring Tokens (Planechase, Multiplayer) [] Krark-Clan Ironworks: 2012 Edition (Modern) [] Azorious Turbo Fog (Modern)

Dig, Dig, Boom

you absolutely MUST email it to have it be considered a submission.

otherwaise an interesting deck.

But gavin, why was this the choice today? elocutors is a lot mor "Azoriousy" and i think guild weeks are the weeks you should be as vorthosian. Control would have been much prefered and a pray we arn't gonna get izzet aggro for our izzet week installment. PLEASE CHOOS COMBO!!!
Your Cat may be more useful, but it's Izzet week, so a mono white card is not allowed. My suggestion is more Mizzium Mortars, I don't think you need more creatures, because cheap instants and sorceries feed your engine more efficiently.

To the guy who posted his deck, you should definitely use the email link at the bottom of the article to submit your deck. This *might* get seen, but better to be safe than sorry.

actually i think he's talking about the deck in the article this thread is a response to lol
Your most expensive creature costs 3 and you still play 24 lands?!
I would add 2 counters (Essence Scatter ;) or Syncopate)
Dissipate is really bad in this kind of deck, especially with Thalia out. I would sooner use Feeling of Dread to push more blockers through than leave 1UU for Dissipate. And where is Silverblade Paladin? He's nuts with Sublime Archangel.

actually i think he's talking about the deck in the article this thread is a response to lol

That does make more sense.   (._. )

Dissipate is really bad in this kind of deck, especially with Thalia out. I would sooner use Feeling of Dread to push more blockers through than leave 1UU for Dissipate. And where is Silverblade Paladin? He's nuts with Sublime Archangel.

...But the deck (in the article) doesn't have any sublime Archangels. On the other hand, the Paladin is fun with Geist though, as mentioned last week, so he might be a good addition anyway... maybe as a replacement for the very controversial three random Dissipates?
I'm not so sure about the lack of Sublime Archangel (almost typed that as Sublime Arghangel, heh.) She's expensive and she isn't human, true, but her ability is nuts.
Sign In to post comments