The original Scarlet Brotherhood - Was it modeled after the Spanish Inquisition?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
The original Scarlet Brotherhood - Was it modeled after the Spanish Inquisition?

Jay h

Gamer Chiropractor - Hafner Chiropractic 305 S. Kipling st,Suite C-2, Lakewood, Co 80226 hafnerchiropractic.com

My impression has been, for some time now, that the Scarlett Brotherhood is more like Nazi-era Germany, with the doctrine of 'Suel are superior beings and must rule and/or destroy all others.' In fact if you replace the work "****" with "suel" you can see A LOT of similarities in the doctrine, goals and belief systems. The greatest difference between them is one of patience and discipline... the SB leadership is more willing to work for several generations, whereas the real-world leaders of the Nazi's wanted to hurry, causing a lot of mistakes, and had bad judgement. I'm feeling kinda lazy today, so I won't bore you with the dozens of similarities I see between them, but if you look up some World War II history you can find them.
The Scarlet Brotherhood bears no similarities with the Spanish Inquisition - as pointed out above, it's just a D&D adaption of the Nazis, with monkish flavor thrown in there to give an excuse to have monks an otherwise occidental campaign.  (Personally, I feel it would've made more sense if they were a magocracy, which would've fit better with the old Suel Imperium, but to each their own.)