White Token/Life Gain

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Lifegain without a substantial reason is IMHO generally worthless.  It's nice if you have cards that trigger for some effect because you gained life, or if you have an effect that makes lifegain into something more relevant. Well of Lost Dreams, Serra Avatar, Ajani's Pridemate.  Lifegain in and of itself is not a good defense and other cards would be better use than the creatures you have chosen if the life-gain serves no purpose other than to simply gain life and buy time.
Since you are running tokens you could consider Ajani Goldmane as a way to beef your tokens or make an almost Serra Avatar like token.   Otherwise consider a lifegain combo from back in the Snow White days.  Martyr of Sands + Adarkar Valkyrie
I used cathar's crusade captain of the watch and elspeth tirel captain lets you sac a soldier to prevent all combat damage for one white
You are off to a good start, I love lifegain so here's some advice. Seems like you are playing standard, if you are, the only lifegain win condition that I can think of is Chalice of Life which I think is quite underrated. You should run that, probably 4 of them.

If you are willing to go further back then you should be running something like Felidar Sovereign as an alternate win condition. If you aren't doing standard you should be running Suture Preist. If you are doing tokens then you should be running 4 Intagible Virtue no questions asked. I don't know if Honor of the Pure is standard anymore, but if it is, run it also.
I don't bite, don't hesitate to message me if you have any questions or thoughts about deck ideas I post or anything Magic the Gathering related. My Causal Modern Decks Swag Flu (Mono Black Infect) http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29788619/Swag_Flu_(Mono_Black_Infect) American Super Friends (White/Blue/Red Planeswalker Control) http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29772319/American_Super_Friends_(Budget_WhiteBlueRed_Planeswalker_Control) Hong Kong (White/Red Norin Tokens)http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29636557/Hong_Kong_(WhiteRed_Norin_Tokens)
It's and interesting choice for sure. Just gotten in to magic and I love the idea Nightmare suggested of putting Serra Avatar in there. Since she becomes more powerful the more life you have. Might look in to this type of deck myself.  I have some M13 cards hopefully turning up today if not tomorrow. OP if you play Duels of the Planeswalkers you get a code for a promo back. Which has a Serra Avatar in it. Wizards were awesome and posted it out to me. Something to bare in mind if you don't own the card.
I am White/Black
I am White/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and selfish. I act mostly for my own benefit, but I respect and help my community - Specially when it helps me. At best, I'm loyal and dedicated; at worst, I'm elitist and shrewd.
Sign In to post comments