White Deck Damage Prevention Life Gain

4 posts / 0 new
Last post

I posted the deck on TappedOut as well, but the I wanted to make a deck that it had a fair balance between preventing damage against my creatures and me gaining life as well. 

I've also found a combo with lifelink and the enchant spirit link that gives me double the life. I've haven't built a deck in a long time, so forgive me on my terms of the game.

I hate to quote myself from the other link similar to this I just posted, but...

Lifegain without a substantial reason is IMHO generally worthless.  It's nice if you have cards that trigger for some effect because you gained life, or if you have an effect that makes lifegain into something more relevant. Well of Lost Dreams , Serra Avatar , Ajani's Pridemate .  Lifegain in and of itself is not a good defense and other cards would be better use than the creatures/cards you have chosen if the life-gain serves no purpose other than to simply gain life and buy time
I think you're going to want more land. 24 probably, since you have quite a few 5 cost cards. You have some acceleration, but probably not enough. to be consistant. If it was me, I'd also add 2 more White Knight and two more Knight of Glory, or if you can afford it 4 Knight of Meadowgrain. They seem to be about $3 a pop though, so depending on your budget you may want to avoid it. 

The Pridemate suggestion above was good. Overall what I'd sugggest is find some cards that work well, then run a lifegain subtheme as a back-up. you've got that pretty well started with Knights.  
I think you're going to want more land. 24 probably, since you have quite a few 5 cost cards. You have some acceleration, but probably not enough. to be consistant. If it was me, I'd also add 2 more White Knight and two more Knight of Glory, or if you can afford it 4 Knight of Meadowgrain. They seem to be about $3 a pop though, so depending on your budget you may want to avoid it. 

The Pridemate suggestion above was good. Overall what I'd sugggest is find some cards that work well, then run a lifegain subtheme as a back-up. you've got that pretty well started with Knights.  

Thanks for the advice, and I figured I should add some more Knights like Knight of Glory, and I wanted to have a balance between the two themes.