Indiana Jones RPG (TSR 1994) Boxed Set - Dig out your copy and let's talk about it!

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
I dug this game out of my boxes of stuff I've gathered over the years and decided to run it for the kids.  It's a very nice game and I can see why they give awards regarding it's design.  The character generation rules are dumb-simple and the action chart is like most of the modern games where there is gradiated success (miss, light, medium, severe success, and bad or lucky breaks).  It actually reminds me a lot of the WFRP3 and new StarWars RPG (the one by FFG).  It seems it was a refined version of the Marvel Superheroes RPG that they put out in the 80's.

I did up a quick reference chart and some characters and maybe I'll post them in a bit.

Dig out your copy and let's talk about this game!

I'm starting with the sample scenario in the Boxed Set (..somethign Ikonnen).

jh

Gamer Chiropractor - Hafner Chiropractic 305 S. Kipling st,Suite C-2, Lakewood, Co 80226 hafnerchiropractic.com

I dug this game out of my boxes of stuff I've gathered over the years and decided to run it for the kids.  It's a very nice game and I can see why they give awards regarding it's design.  The character generation rules are dumb-simple and the action chart is like most of the modern games where there is gradiated success (miss, light, medium, severe success, and bad or lucky breaks).  It actually reminds me a lot of the WFRP3 and new StarWars RPG (the one by FFG).  It seems it was a refined version of the Marvel Superheroes RPG that they put out in the 80's.

I did up a quick reference chart and some characters and maybe I'll post them in a bit.

Dig out your copy and let's talk about this game!

I'm starting with the sample scenario in the Boxed Set (..somethign Ikonnen).

jh

I managed to get a hold of all of the scenarios cheap.  I've realized that the magic viewer (annoying) and the trade-off GM things of those scenarios were popular in their day, but virtually unheard of now (except in tournament play such as Pathfinder Society were a GM can score xp for his character rather than having to 'eat' a scenario).

jh

Gamer Chiropractor - Hafner Chiropractic 305 S. Kipling st,Suite C-2, Lakewood, Co 80226 hafnerchiropractic.com