U/R Control Advice Needed

8 posts / 0 new
Last post

Looking for advice on if you think this deck will work in standerd semi-competitive format! any additions or subtractions I should consider?

I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
Have you been able to playtest yet?

3,000th post: September 5, 2010 4,000th post: March 24, 2012

Winner of the YMTC Ravnica War of the Guilds contest as guild Dimir.

Snapcaster Mage is the best card of all time. How do you deal?

Maybe some annihilating fire to remove the ever resilient Thragtusk. Just watchout for Restoration Angel flickering him out in response to targeting. It usually ends up bad for you like that.
Blue White CONTROL
-2 temporal mastery
+2 lands

temporal mastery is a pretty weak card, and you can't get away with only 23 lands.  25 is a minimum, but i'd want more like 26.

you have virtually no card draw, you're gonna run out of gas with a deck like this.  too many 3cmc counters     

Blue is the best color ever. How do you deal?  ------------------------------  Team GFG - "gulf, foxtrot, gulf" 

I produce Dubstep and House beats:

https://soundcloud.com/burning_forest

Best Pauper Deck in the format, not close:

http://community.wizards.com/content/forum-topic/2974646#comment-49713276

Photobucket

-2 temporal mastery
+2 lands

temporal mastery is a pretty weak card, and you can't get away with only 23 lands.  25 is a minimum, but i'd want more like 26.

you have virtually no card draw, you're gonna run out of gas with a deck like this.  too many 3cmc counters     

^^^ This. 24 land is accpetable, but 25-26 is right. try some more card draw. Think twice is good for you I would think. I saw in another thread recommend [/c]Amass the ComponentsDesolate Lighthouse[c] is hitting two birds with one stone here... Card draw AND more land.

edit: I think I linked the cards wrong.... oops. 
so I should take out temporals for sure? and I should add more land, some think twice in exchange for what?
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
 Maybe play some Thundermaw Hellkite? He hits hard and fast.
   Definitely some think twice and desolate light house. 

I am not a fan of the Goblins in this deck however.
Blue White CONTROL
Sign In to post comments