Green Super Ramp, Azusa

15 posts / 0 new
Last post

The EDH Decks - White Artifact Ramp, Avacyn, Angel of Hope Blue Time Stretch, Azami, Lady of Scrolls Black Repeatable Recursion, Balthor the Defiled Red Goblin Gimmicks, Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker Green Super Ramp, Azusa, Lost but Seeking

Omnath, Locus of Mana, Skyshroud Claim and Doubling Cube may work well here.  And I know it's a ramp deck and all, but that's a heck of a lot of land.

University of Charleston School of Pharmacy, Class of 2016

My Peasant Cube: A Cube for the Commoners

Gaea's Bounty Skyshroud Claim and Ranger's Path can fetch 2 Forest.
Reach of Branches can give you a 2/5 token each time. Then get the spell back each time you play a Forest.
Brawn can offer trample.
Dungrove Elder some creatures can be very big with enough Forests or lands.
Thanks for the input guys.  Omnath is actually already in the deck, you're absolutely right that dude is a bomb and a half.

I am going to proxy in a doubling cube and see how it works, seems like a solid addition

This deck requires massive amount of lands to blow up how it does.  Unfortunately a sol ring/mana crypt/exploration is required but that enable shennanigans on par with turn 3 kozilek.  Every once in a while i find myself digging for bombs, but recently I have upped the bomb count to try to counteract that.

Brawn is nice, but i don't really have a way to get him into the yard.
dungrove seems like a weaker omnath to me, although the hexproof is nice the inability to abuse gaea's cradle to make an absurdly large omnath seems missed.

Gaea's bounty just found room in the deck as soon as I can get my hands on one.  I don't need spells that put lands into play, just low mana spells that fetch forests, azusa let's me put them in play.

reach of branches used to be in the deck, but it was playing out too slow for me, more of a stabilizing game play than a blowout, which is how this deck tends to win.

If this deck doesn't get the turn 3-4 bomb with one or two follow ups the next two turns its pretty much treading water trying to stay afloat, this deck has very little-no long range capability, but can swing for lethal as early as turn 4-5 in a 4 player scenario.  This is the true gamble deck to me, amazingly fun, not a hated general, and no massively overpowered combos/gimmicks now that primeval titan is gone, but still without blowout potential.

The EDH Decks - White Artifact Ramp, Avacyn, Angel of Hope Blue Time Stretch, Azami, Lady of Scrolls Black Repeatable Recursion, Balthor the Defiled Red Goblin Gimmicks, Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker Green Super Ramp, Azusa, Lost but Seeking

Predator, Flagship could be fun to use. It gives you a creature removal for 7 mana.
Predator, Flagship could be fun to use. It gives you a creature removal for 7 mana.

Rofl I got a foil one I've always wanted to play...  Worldspine Wurm seems really kinda vanilla to me, think I'll swap those out and see how it goes with the big mana aspect.

It's great that you play Azusa. I love the girl and what she can do for you :-)

I'd like to comment on your list to discuss some of your card selections.

General
Azusa, Lost but Seeking - obvious card in the deck is obvious

Creatures (17)
Eternal Witness - must-have
Yavimaya Elder - this is chaff; he seems good on paper but is lackluster in an actual game after first few turns
Fierce Empath - I'm 50/50 on this guy
Lotus Cobra - after turn 4 (when Azusa hits the table and you pour your lands onto the BF) you won't get much mileage off this guy
Oracle of Mul Daya - amazing!
Rofellos, Llanowar Emissary - I used to run him but he's a really bad topdeck mid and late game
Sylvan Safekeeper - which creature you want to protect?

Kozilek, Butcher of Truth - must-have
Terastodon - must-have
Rampaging Baloths - must-have
Regal Force - with only avenger as your token generator it's kind of meh
Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre - must-have
Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger - great dude, better than any doubling effects since you can easily tutor for him
Omnath, Locus of Mana - a waste of a slot, IMHO
Worldspine Wurm - an awesome guy, I know he seems vanilla but he's much better than Crush of Wurms
Avenger of Zendikar -  must-have
Blightsteel Colossus - this can backfire so badly it's not even funny; I'd only run it in an bribery and acquire-less meta.

Enchantments (4)
Exploration - redundant, your commander and Mul Daya do it better
Sylvan Library - must-have
Mana Reflection - you can't tutor it so it's meh
Recycle -  must-have

Instants (3)
Constant Mists - I always prefered glacial chasm over the spell
Crop Rotation - must-have
Realms Uncharted - you'll never get what you need with the card, better to run an Expedition Map or Sylvan Scrying

Sorceries (14)
Cultivate - redundant in a deck full of lands, I'd run a single Boundless Realms
Journey of Discovery - also redundant
Kodama's Reach - redundant
Seek the Horizon - redundant
Harmonize - this is a one shot card, Well of Knowledge or Seer's Sundial are much better IMHO

Genesis Wave - must-have
Green Sun's Zenith - must-have
Natural Order - must-have
Tooth and Nail - must-have

Life from the Loam - must-have
Regrowth - I'm 50/50 on the card because you run Eldrazi guys and playing them is the first line of attack for the deck; they hit GY, you've got no targets for Regrowth
Rude Awakening - can be good but can also set you back a lot
All Is Dust - I prefer Oblivion Stone because it hits artifacts too
Crush of Wurms - without a way to tutor for it I prefer the Wurmrakul

Artifacts (7)
Mana Crypt - I'm on the fence when it comes to artifact accel in the deck, those cards are awesome in your opener but lackluster when drawn late game
Sol Ring - I'm on the fence when it comes to artifact accel in the deck, those cards are awesome in your opener but lackluster when drawn late game

Sensei's Divining Top - must-have
Crucible of Worlds - must-have
Horn of Greed - must-have
Memory Jar - a great piece of tech unless your meta depends on graveyard strategies
Mind's Eye - must-have

Planeswalkers (1)
Garruk Wildspeaker - I prefer the Garruk 2.0, mainly for card draw

Lands (53)
Ancient Tomb
Deserted Temple
Dryad Arbor
Dust Bowl
Eye of Ugin
Gaea's Cradle
Homeward Path
Misty Rainforest
Mosswort Bridge
Petrified Field
Sapseep Forest - citpt and lackluster ability
Slippery Karst
Strip Mine
Tectonic Edge
Temple of the False God
Tranquil Thicket
Verdant Catacombs
Vesuva
Wasteland
Winding Canyons
Windswept Heath
Wooded Foothills
Yavimaya Hollow
30Forest

Overall I like your list but I'd really switch redundant cards for some fat or draw.

My EDH decks: Azusa, Lost but Seeking
Thanks for the input!

First things first Mana Crypt and Sol Ring go in every single EDH deck ever made, just as Exploration goes in every green EDH deck ever made.  Getting rid of the potential to get Azusa on board turn 1 is... well absolutlely not going to happen.  

Rude Awakening - Yes every great once in a while this is a way to swing with beats, but this mainly serves to untap all of my lands for 5 mana, when your running a gaea's cradle and cards like genesis wave in a 53 land deck this is a very good thing to be able to do.

I'd run a single boundless realm.....  I think you are missing the point that I only start the game with 7 cards...  hopefully 4 or 5 are lands...  that means after one turn of azusa I have approximately ZERO lands in hand.  I need a way to replenish my lands to hand... Cultivate, kodama's reach, etc...   I need more of these cards, a lot more, these are not redundant they are ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY.

Toth and nail for Avenger + Regal Force = my best win condition... not pulling regal force.

I am stopping here, I appreciate the input, but you clearly have never played this deck, you are using basic magic knowledge of good cards and not good cards and trying to apply it to a gimmicky EDH deck.  Nuff Said. 

Seedborn Muse can untap your stuff.
Howl of the Night Pack can give you a number of 2/2 tokens.
Creeping Renaissance can let you get back all permanents of a type.
Chord of Calling
Dual Nature can cause problems to Legends.
Centaur Glade can let you spend mana to make a 3/3 token.
@lewi0027:  Don't listen to mastag.  Redundancy can be good.  Very good in fact. 

@mastag:  how long did it take to make links to Gatherer instead of autocarding?  FYI: remove the spaces from [ c ]Lhurgoyf[ /c ] = Lhurgoyf 

University of Charleston School of Pharmacy, Class of 2016

My Peasant Cube: A Cube for the Commoners

I am stopping here, I appreciate the input, but you clearly have never played this deck, you are using basic magic knowledge of good cards and not good cards and trying to apply it to a gimmicky EDH deck.  Nuff Said. 

I do understand the fact that you disagree with my card evaluations and I'm ok with that but saying I don't know what I'm talking about is just plain rude, Bro. Azusa, even though she's very straightforward with her ability, can be built in many ways. I, for example, want to avoid topdecking cards like Cultivate mid and late game, because they do almost nothing to improve your board position unless it just so happens you've got an Avenger of Zendikar or Baloths on the BF. Also, Azusa on Turn 1 with your list is possible only when you have a Mana Crypt and a Forest in your hand. That's 7% chance of happening! You've got much better odds of playing her on T2, yeah, but still using IMHO suboptimal cards like Exploration, Cultivates and others hurts your mid and late game.

@RxPhantom: sorry for that. A plugin in Safari does this for me. 
My EDH decks: Azusa, Lost but Seeking
Seedborn Muse can untap your stuff.
Howl of the Night Pack can give you a number of 2/2 tokens.
Creeping Renaissance can let you get back all permanents of a type.
Chord of Calling
Dual Nature can cause problems to Legends.
Centaur Glade can let you spend mana to make a 3/3 token.

I went off on that dude for no reason... he actually had some valid input...  But this is what I am tlaking about this is the kind of advice I am after

How did I never think of howl of the night pack...  Getting playtested!
Creeping Renaissance seems like a solid addition, getting playtested!
Chord of calling used to be in the deck it got cut for natural order, I would like to once again make room for this seeing as creature tutor is about my only way to actually drop my bombs.
Although Dual Nature seems like a hillarious addition that could actually be extremely devestating with some of my bombs, the fact that it shuts down my eldrazi kind of turns me off to it.

Seedborn Muse - One of the biggest green EDH staples...  although amazing I don't have a single thing that I could do with all of the extra mana that this would allow me to produce since my token generators are landfall based.

DECK CHANGES I'M PONDERING

Out:
Omnath, Locus of Mana
Mana Reflection

In:
Chord of Calling
Gaea's Bounty

Want room for:
Creeping Renaissance (this took four tries to spell....)
Howl of the Night Pack

I do understand the fact that you disagree with my card evaluations and I'm ok with that but saying I don't know what I'm talking about is just plain rude, Bro. Azusa, even though she's very straightforward with her ability, can be built in many ways. I, for example, want to avoid topdecking cards like Cultivate mid and late game, because they do almost nothing to improve your board position unless it just so happens you've got an Avenger of Zendikar or Baloths on the BF. Also, Azusa on Turn 1 with your list is possible only when you have a Mana Crypt and a Forest in your hand. That's 7% chance of happening! You've got much better odds of playing her on T2, yeah, but still using IMHO suboptimal cards like Exploration, Cultivates and others hurts your mid and late game.

@RxPhantom: sorry for that. A plugin in Safari does this for me. 

Once again Exploration and Cultivate are not sub-optimal they are NECESSARY COMPONENTS.

Azusa turn 1 is very rare, yes, but it can happen, turn two azusa is actually VERY common, and yes turn 2 azusa to me is about 2 or 3 times better than a turn three azusa.  This deck wins by beating face for lethal before they can start repeat casting wrath effects or other nonsense, if I ain't charging down your throat before you sart getting you Time Stretch on the deck isn't producing results.  FASTER IS BETTER I HAVE ALMOST NO RECCURSION AND NO WRATH PROTECTION OF ANY VARIETY.

Helix Pinnacle is one alternate win option. Combine with Seedborn Muse.
Extraplanar Lens can speed up mana production for your Forest.
Forcefield can reduce damage of an unblocked creature to 1.
Magistrate's Scepter if you want to take a shot at extra turns.
Sigil of Distinction can give a massive +1/+1 counters when dropped.
Steel Hellkite can provide removal.
Strata Scythe exile a Forest and you have a big equipment boost.
Temporal Aperture play this during your turn, you might have a free spell. If you hit a land, well you can play it.
Wurmcalling can let you put an X/X token into play with Buyback to add the spell back to your hand.
Liege of the Tangle can animate your lands into 8/8 creatures.
Beacon of Creation can summon an army of 1/1 tokens.
Kamahl, Fist of Krosa can animate a land to 1/1 and does an instant Overrun.
Helix Pinnacle is a very viable win condition, it is going on the list...  this means seedborn muse is once again a staple...
Steel Hellkite seems good since I am running virtually no removal, also semi-tutorable, good throw
Kamahl was in the deck and got pulled, but that was before baloths made it into the deck.  gonna try this out as well
Although beacon of creation is awesome I would rather run Ant queen at that point in time I think...  the 1/1's just don't seem as overwhelming as my other token generators.

sigil of distinction seems very good after second though, azusa actually beating for lethal general damage???  Yeah good call on that too, seems good no matter when you draw it as well.

Other changes made so far:

Forest -> Glacial Chasm
Constant Mists -> Sigil of Distinction

The main two cards I still want to make room for:
Helix Pinnacle
Kamahl 

Sign In to post comments