The Better than Thread

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
I felt like creating a reference for players that would help them find more efficient replacements for cards they currently run that they may not be aware of. An obsolete/underpowered list of magic cards where a spell currently exists that does one of the following:

1. Has the exact same effect as the other card but costs less.
2. Has the same effect plus something else beneficial for the same cost.
3. Has a stronger effect for the same cost.
4. Has the exact same effect as the other card but casts more quickly. (i.e. original is sorcery, the other is instant or split-second)
5. Is basically a better card to do the same job in any situation.

Help out if you like!

Starting the list:

Shock - Replace with Lightning Bolt

[thread=990811]Actually...[/thread]

Come join me at No Goblins Allowed

Because frankly, being here depresses me these days.

But, but, if you play Spidersilk Armor and Wave of Reckoning, Eager Cadet is much better than Elite Vanguard.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt

Awesome... I never would have found that thread. Thanks for the link Zammm

P.S. @bay_falconer; Sure and you can give a loxodon warhammer to a 1/1 vanilla but it doesn't make it inherently better than a 1/1 with a skill by itself. That's all i'm sayin.
I'll agree to disagree with some of the comparisons in the list made by zammm. (Comparing wrath of god to shatterstorm)... But on the whole a good reference.
The list contains many different kinds of comparisons. "Strictly" better comparisons are marked with <. The Wrath of God / Shatterstorm comparison isn't one of these. Instead, it's marked with ~, which means that it's functionally identical except for some reference to a type (i.e. Wrath of God is to creatures what Shatterstorm is to artifacts). There's a legend at the top of each section that explains these different comparisons (they take up a lot of space, so they're hidden until you click the Show link).

Awesome... I never would have found that thread. Thanks for the link Zammm

P.S. @bay_falconer; Sure and you can give a loxodon warhammer to a 1/1 vanilla but it doesn't make it inherently better than a 1/1 with a skill by itself. That's all i'm sayin.

Muraganda Petroglyphs says "And you can just forget the warhammer because I cause all kinds of rules wonkiness."
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt

Zammm's thread is strictly better than your thread.
~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)