Small Limit on characters in the builder?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Probably not the right place so sorry, but why is there such a small limit on the number of characters you can have in the builder? 20 just seems like so little, idk, am i the only one with this problem?
There is a cap to limit cost because its a Cloud-based storage. Since you can Export characters to your hardrive, this shouldn't be a problem though.
What I do, is I export my characters out to my computer's hard drive to free up slots in the CB.  When I want a specific character, I just re-import it and tweak it if necessary.  I probably have over a hundred characters in the "dnd_characters" folder.
Ah...makes sense thanks
From WotC's perspective...

a) each character consumes a certain amount of storage. The cost of this storage is pretty cheap, but nonzero.

b) if we had unlimited storage we would store a great many theoretical builds, abandoned attempts, every level of a character (including theoretical builds) as a separate entry, etc. By limiting us to a small number of characters, they tilt us more toward storing (on their server) only the characters we actually use. They (by intent, not necessarily actually) look at all the characters we build in order to see what people are using, and having fewer theoretical builds and less undiscarded trash gives them a more accurate picture.

Granted, it's still mildly annoying. 
"The world does not work the way you have been taught it does. We are not real as such; we exist within The Story. Unfortunately for you, you have inherited a condition from your mother known as Primary Protagonist Syndrome, which means The Story is interested in you. It will find you, and if you are not ready for the narrative strands it will throw at you..." - from Footloose
From WotC's perspective...

a) each character consumes a certain amount of storage. The cost of this storage is pretty cheap, but nonzero.

b) if we had unlimited storage we would store a great many theoretical builds, abandoned attempts, every level of a character (including theoretical builds) as a separate entry, etc. By limiting us to a small number of characters, they tilt us more toward storing (on their server) only the characters we actually use. They (by intent, not necessarily actually) look at all the characters we build in order to see what people are using, and having fewer theoretical builds and less undiscarded trash gives them a more accurate picture.

Granted, it's still mildly annoying. 

Ya..i mean id be happy with maybe 30 slots...20 just seems like so little =(
Sign In to post comments