Human Ally Deck

11 posts / 0 new
Last post

I was looking the zendikar block cards and i really liked to make a human ally themed deck the problem is that i am not familiar with this kind of deck and i will need help to build it...i was looking around the forum and i found a decklist to start from i will post it here and i will hope you to make suggestions to improve it...keep in mind that i want cards only from zendikar block :D and my budget is about 15$

personally all my ally experience have been just mono-white (won a couple fnms that way too) but i can tell u ur missing out on some on the shenanigans allies are know for.
join the ranks- may seem overcost but its a strong combat trick when every ally u have has a trigger off allies etb
talus paladin- lifelink is soooo good
mirror entity- wasnt in standard at the time but still its an ally and buffs all ur other allies, seems good with harabaz druid right?
removal package:
protection is great, really is, but it wont solve everything, sometimes u just need a problem creature gone, or ur gone
path to exile
lightning bolt
swords to plowshares
flame slash
lightning helix
new trix:
the new populate mechanic might be worth considering here as well if u run join the ranks
namely rootborn defenses and sundering growth, enchants/arts like ghostly prison, solitary confinement, ensnaring bridge will wreck ur day if u cant deal, and wogs and sweepers will wreck ur very fine board position (nothing u can really do against mutilate or black sun's zenith so dont over extend against black, they'll wreck ur face)

so hope this helps
dont play around with 3 colors if you cant afford 16 duolands, i would do my best to stay monocolor if you cant afford 8 duolands.
ofc if youre playingg green you can solve this issue with a little basic land fetch.

some weird choices in the list you post. berserker and kabira are great but you rarely want more than 1 of each and they both rely on other creatures to make them efficient, so they are better as 2-ofs than 4. but mostly weird to not have 4 kazandu and kazuul if you are on-color
akoum battlesinger
talus paladin
vastwood animist
graypelt hunter
mirror entity
taurean mauler
are some of the good ones not in there.

different verions of ally deck includes RW fast agro and WGr midagro with a little ramp.

also ghostway!! 
dont play around with 3 colors if you cant afford 16 duolands, i would do my best to stay monocolor if you cant afford 8 duolands.
ofc if youre playingg green you can solve this issue with a little basic land fetch.

some weird choices in the list you post. berserker and kabira are great but you rarely want more than 1 of each and they both rely on other creatures to make them efficient, so they are better as 2-ofs than 4. but mostly weird to not have 4 kazandu and kazuul if you are on-color
akoum battlesinger
talus paladin
vastwood animist
graypelt hunter
mirror entity
taurean mauler
are some of the good ones not in there.

different verions of ally deck includes RW fast agro and WGr midagro with a little ramp.

also ghostway!! 

First ty both for so fast reply :D

This decklist is a list that i found on another thread here and i thought its a good way to start

As for the 3 colors i dont think i will have problem because i want the deck to be just for casual play with friends and i will add ramp with green like Borderland Ranger 

Farseek 

The only problem i have is that i cant put all this cards to make a deck

if you go with all three and a splash of ramp you can cut out all cards costing less than 4 not being kazandu or harabaz.

as for lands not mattering cuz its casual...even if the game is just for fun its still no fun to not be able to cast anything cuz you had bad luck with your lands. 
if you go with all three and a splash of ramp you can cut out all cards costing less than 4 not being kazandu or harabaz.

as for lands not mattering cuz its casual...even if the game is just for fun its still no fun to not be able to cast anything cuz you had bad luck with your lands. 

I will try to build a decklist and post it here to tell me your opinion 

But are there other cards that i should consider running?

Also for mana base if i go 6 Plains 6 forest 6 6 Mountain 4 Evolving Wilds +The Rangers could work?

id probably run a few more fetches - and tbh probably not rangers at all.
if you get enough cheap landfetches you can safely reduce your landcount to 20 or even 18

4 farseek
4 rampant growth
4 graypelt refuge or selesnya guildgate
9 forest
2 mountain
3-5 plains

is probably what i'd run. 

So here is what i am thinking to run

I Think that i might have problem at 1 & 3 drops especially on 1drops....also what should i do about flying?i am think cards like

Tajuru Archer  Thunderbolt  Crushing Vines any thoughts?

if you're playing 3 colors, Jungle Shrine is a must. also, just run four evolving wilds and those other duals and you'll be fine. One Harabaz Druid is usually all you'll need.
I would have killed, literally ended someones life, to NOT have Arrogant Bloodlord riding a giant ant... Good times:
Show
but where DID the other fork come from?
Show
Lord_Zed: I was at my friends house when this happened. He's married and his wife was an excellent baker. She had baked a homemade apple pie the night before. I was hungry, and my friend convinced me to try those low carb monster drinks. Before this day, I had never triend energy drinks before. Boy was I in for a treat. When I tried that first monster, I really enjoyed the flavor, but the taste that it left in my mouth wasn't so good. What was my solution? Drink another! before I could finish drinking that 2nd monster, I felt it already kicking in(these drinks were not very far apart, we're talking minutes here) my friend decided that it was a good idea to whip out that fresh pie his wife made the night before. I didn't know what to do, since I felt incredibly invigorated, and at the same time, freaked out by the rush I was feeling, but I was also hungry, and my friend have me an entire plate with a fork and said "help yourself." He extended his saucer to me, and I cut him a piece of the pie and handed it to him, then I looked at the pie, noticed that the pie was in an aluminum holder, and dumped the entire pie onto my plate and started eating it with 2 forks. I don't know where I found that other fork, it probably came from my friend. Anyhow, his wife wasn't happy, and I was already in magical christmas land. 2 days later, I was in my friends bed and I slept for 14 hours. His wife outlawed my from having any of her baked goods for a while(which sucked because I could just show up at there house, steal some sweets, and leave) and said I couldn't have any energy drinks at her house, unless under close watch. My friend, on the other hand, had to take me out to a steak dinner, because apparently I won a bet where I climbed a tree and didn't die.
The great land debate:
Show
97563441 wrote:
Zendikar had fetchlands, and Worldwake had manlands. What are the new Scars duals called?
61325265 wrote:
Explosive Peanut Lightning lands. Well, that's just what I call them.
61325265 wrote:
58232598 wrote:
i'm just trying to figure out what the point of saying this is. it's just really random.
And so the pot met the kettle.
Also, consider Naya Charm.
I would have killed, literally ended someones life, to NOT have Arrogant Bloodlord riding a giant ant... Good times:
Show
but where DID the other fork come from?
Show
Lord_Zed: I was at my friends house when this happened. He's married and his wife was an excellent baker. She had baked a homemade apple pie the night before. I was hungry, and my friend convinced me to try those low carb monster drinks. Before this day, I had never triend energy drinks before. Boy was I in for a treat. When I tried that first monster, I really enjoyed the flavor, but the taste that it left in my mouth wasn't so good. What was my solution? Drink another! before I could finish drinking that 2nd monster, I felt it already kicking in(these drinks were not very far apart, we're talking minutes here) my friend decided that it was a good idea to whip out that fresh pie his wife made the night before. I didn't know what to do, since I felt incredibly invigorated, and at the same time, freaked out by the rush I was feeling, but I was also hungry, and my friend have me an entire plate with a fork and said "help yourself." He extended his saucer to me, and I cut him a piece of the pie and handed it to him, then I looked at the pie, noticed that the pie was in an aluminum holder, and dumped the entire pie onto my plate and started eating it with 2 forks. I don't know where I found that other fork, it probably came from my friend. Anyhow, his wife wasn't happy, and I was already in magical christmas land. 2 days later, I was in my friends bed and I slept for 14 hours. His wife outlawed my from having any of her baked goods for a while(which sucked because I could just show up at there house, steal some sweets, and leave) and said I couldn't have any energy drinks at her house, unless under close watch. My friend, on the other hand, had to take me out to a steak dinner, because apparently I won a bet where I climbed a tree and didn't die.
The great land debate:
Show
97563441 wrote:
Zendikar had fetchlands, and Worldwake had manlands. What are the new Scars duals called?
61325265 wrote:
Explosive Peanut Lightning lands. Well, that's just what I call them.
61325265 wrote:
58232598 wrote:
i'm just trying to figure out what the point of saying this is. it's just really random.
And so the pot met the kettle.
if you're playing 3 colors, Jungle Shrine is a must. also, just run four evolving wilds and those other duals and you'll be fine. One Harabaz Druid is usually all you'll need.

What should i cut for Shrine and the wilds?
Sign In to post comments