Any way to play spells that aren't your commander's colors?

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'm trying to figure out a way to play black spells in my green white commander, but I dont think theres any way to do it. Is there a way?
there are ways to cast spells that aren't in your commander's colors, but there is no way to have them in your deck, so you'd have to rely on your opponent's cards

Hive Mind would be an example
proud member of the 2011 community team
You can't even include them in your deck or sideboard. Or are you trying to cast another player's card?
No, just trying to figure out how to play a spell that lets me sacrifice life to deal damage, but those are mostly black. I cant seem to find a way to put something like that in my commander.
as I said there is no way to include them in your commander deck

you can use the wishes in casual to get the cards from your collection (that won't work in tournaments)
Mycosynth Lattice would let you pay the cost of a black spell, but you'd still need a way to be able to get a black spell to cast.

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out

You would need something like Ornate Kanzashi to gain access to a spell inconsistent with your commander.
No, I am not a judge. That's why I like to quote sources such as the rules that trump judges.
Ornate Kanzashi won't help much alone, you also need a way to create "foreign" mana
Mycosynth Lattice is the only one I know that can do that, sort of

Mycosynth Lattice is the only one I know that can do that, sort of

False Dawn and Celestial Dawn (since he does have access to white) will work for that and for the activated abilities of anything he steals (which is going to be difficult in green/white).
No, I am not a judge. That's why I like to quote sources such as the rules that trump judges.
Alright, well what about a card that lets me pay life to deal damage to cretures? I could settle for that.
doesn't really exist, white and green don't get damage spells

best to ask in Cards and Combos, people there will be able to help you better