Serra Avatar and Trostani

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
If I have a Trostani, Selesnya's Voice on the battlefield and I play a Serra Avatar how exactly would that play out? Does my life just double with the Avatar coming in a whatever my life was at? Or would the scenario play out in such a way that Trostani's ability resolves before the Avatar's does, making my life double and then the Avatar's ability resolving so that its power and toughness are my new doubled life total? I'm pretty positive it's the former and not the latter, but I just wanted to double check.
Serra Avatar does not have any triggered abilities. Its power and toughness are set to your life total in all zones (including the battlefield) at all times. If you are at 15 life when you cast it, it will be a 15/15 creature spell on the stack. When it resolves, it will be a 15/15 creature on the battlefield and will trigger Trostani, who will then give you 15 life (making the Avatar a 30/30 afterwards).

If you had a second Trostani, the second Trostani trigger would give you 30 life.

Rules Advisor

Please autocard: [c]Shard Phoenix[/c] = Shard Phoenix.

Gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Serra Avatar does not have any triggered abilities.

It's second ability is a triggered ability.
Serra Avatar does not have any triggered abilities.

It's second ability is a triggered ability.

I hate tempest card wordings.

Rules Advisor

Please autocard: [c]Shard Phoenix[/c] = Shard Phoenix.

???
I hate tempest card wordings.

Avatar's wording is the same* today as the day it was created... (in Urza's Saga, btw)

*OK, they added «from anywhere». Makes no diff.

Wizards of the Coast: NOT ANYMORE outsourced to Elbonia

Sign In to post comments