DC: Razor Boomerang

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Todays random card is...

Razor Boomerang

This card did something I never thought would happen.  It made me miss Rod of Ruin briefly.  Well maybe not miss it but think that something could actually be a lot worse.

This card is horrible doesn't matter what format.

Discuss! 
Artifact enter the battlefield abilities.

Arcbound Crusher Battered Golem Confusion in the Ranks Glassdust Hulk Glaze Fiend Glint Hawk Idol Leonin Elder Puresteel Paladin Serum Tank Sludge Strider

Cast Artifacts.
Embersmith Golem Foundry Lifesmith Mirran Spy Myrsmith Painsmith Riddlesmith Vedalken Archmage

Practically, you can combo this with Puresteel Paladin. 3 MC for a draw each time. Metalcraft to make Equip cost 0.

Manacost reducers to make this card 0, and you have an engine.

Razor Boomerang combo.
Battered Golem, CMC reduction, Puresteel Paladin. Drop Razor Boomerang. Equip to Battered Golem. Tap to return it to the hand. Drop Razor Boomerang. Battered Golem untaps. Equip to Battered Golem. Tap to return it to the hand. Repeat.
This card is poo.

<----- Loser.

This is ome of those cards that comes out every so often to make you think they're still pillaging the mechanical side of the Homelands design file.  In fact, a lot of cards in Homelands are better than this card.  In fact, let's see what Homelands can offer us in the form of repeatable damage
Hi.
That is... a much better card.  They have the same investment for the first ping (5 and tap a creature) but the Shaman pulls ahead on the second (6, 2 tapped creatures versus 10, 2 tapped creatures).  So, the shaman is colored, but there's not a closer paralell in Homelands

And yes, you could use massive cost-reduction shenanigains to turn this into an engine.  I respect that, but to get the boomerang to cost 0 you need three Cloud Key, Etherium Sculptor, Stone Calendar or Helm of Awakening.  You can do a little better with Semblance Anvil, but not much.  MAYBE Locket of Yesterdays and three boomerangs in the yard would be easier, but I doubt it.   A combo that needs no fewer than five specific pieces, all of which are highly vulnerable, is not going to be good.

"Enjoy your screams, Sarpadia - they will soon be muffled beneath snow and ice."

Follow me to No Goblins Allowed

A M:tG/D&D message board with a good community and usable software

THE COALITION WAR GAME -Phyrexian Chief Praetor
Round 1: (4-1-2, 1 kill)
Round 2: (16-8-2, 4 kills)
Round 3: (18-9-2, 1 kill)
Round 4: (22-10-0, 2 kills)
Round 5: (56-16-3, 9 kills)
Round 6: (8-7-1)

Last Edited by Ralph on blank, 1920

As much as I hate to admit it I was once killed by a top decked Razor Boomerang in Worldwake/Zendikar limited. I was at 2 life had just kicked a Rite of Replication targetting his Horizon Drake and was threatening lethal. He top decks Razor Boomerang with exactly 10 mana and gets the win.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c1b8574f03c7cff35d72311f1208599a.jpg?v=90000)
This is ome of those cards that comes out every so often to make you think they're still pillaging the mechanical side of the Homelands design file.  In fact, a lot of cards in Homelands are better than this card.  In fact, let's see what Homelands can offer us in the form of repeatable damage
Hi.
That is... a much better card.  They have the same investment for the first ping (5 and tap a creature) but the Shaman pulls ahead on the second (6, 2 tapped creatures versus 10, 2 tapped creatures).  So, the shaman is colored, but there's not a closer paralell in Homelands

And yes, you could use massive cost-reduction shenanigains to turn this into an engine.  I respect that, but to get the boomerang to cost 0 you need three Cloud Key, Etherium Sculptor, Stone Calendar or Helm of Awakening.  You can do a little better with Semblance Anvil, but not much.  MAYBE Locket of Yesterdays and three boomerangs in the yard would be easier, but I doubt it.   A combo that needs no fewer than five specific pieces, all of which are highly vulnerable, is not going to be good.

I'd say Willow Faerie is broken. It is, after all, a 1/2 flier for two mana. How often do you get a 1/2 flier for two mana?

Anyway, yeah, Razor Boomerang might be the only thing nobody minds if you tutor with Stoneforge Mystic. It can be made good, if I make it free to cast and equip, but if fate favors me that much, I could've hit you for 20, milled for 53, and given you 10 poison counters by now.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
About a third of the creatures in ZEN/WWK had one toughness. This was probably expensive for a reason.
About a third of the creatures in ZEN/WWK had one toughness. This was probably expensive for a reason.

Really? Are you counting Allies? Because you really can't count Allies; the minute ypu cast another Ally, they get +1/+1. Also, two green quests boost toughness, one black quest gives you a 5/5, and one white quest gives you an army of 4/4s while another finds other equipment.

And Spidersilk Net was the preferred means of boosting Kor Duelist in limited. Giant Scorpion was also popular because 1/3 with deathtouch.

Plus, vampires and vampires and vampires and vampires.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt