Season 11 Community Resources

21 posts / 0 new
Last post
This is a thread to organize resources the community develops for season 11 of encounters. Things like tracker sheets, play aids, etc. Reply to this thread and I'll update this post with new links as they are available.

DM Resources

General
Pre-generated characters - (by Various)
Relics of Light (Magic Item Cards) - (by Feetz)
Additional Magic Item Cards - (by Darkraven 3)
Tracker Sheet - (by jjafuller)
Hit Point Charts (at the end of the blog post)- (by Cryonax)
Character Creation Guidelines - (by Mortaine)

Session 1
Session 1 Magic Item Cards - (by Darkraven3)

Session 3
Axelcrantz Letter - (by AsmodeusLore)
Axelcrantz Letter - (by Mortaine)
Logic Puzzle Spreadsheet - (by tedluck)

@feetz_grande on Twitter

To avoid cluttering my initial post I'll talk about the magic item cards here. Using Power2ool I created Magic Item cards for the relics of light needed to save the day at the end of the season. I plan on printing these out and handing them to players as they discover them. I used the language from the book as much as possible and modeled them after other magic items. For Gemen's Blade I left a blank line to be filled in later because the strength of the blade depends on the actions of the party. If you have any suggestions for improvement I'm all ears.

dl.dropbox.com/u/19330408/Encounters/War...

@feetz_grande on Twitter

I deem thee AWESOME! Thanks for this. I was going to do something similar for the items, but you have done it more quickly and more professionally.
I too made items with power2ool, awesome site, I had some extra time and made cards with paint.net

IMAGE(http://dc356.4shared.com/img/UgNb3ns2/0.00602195562101715/Session_1_Magic_Items.png)
Crossposted: Due to people posting in the tracker thread, I threw together a simplified session tracker for this season.

www.dropbox.com/s/m8c2ss03yvzt7le/DDE11_...
Thanks so much, everyone!
Some good stuff has been rolling in. Keep it coming!

@feetz_grande on Twitter

Here are more item cards I made for the season.  Hope they come in handy.

I made a traditional logic puzzle spread sheet out of the one given for Session 3 in the Hall of Heroes. I plan to hand it out to my players. Hopefully it will make working through the puzzle easier and more fun than asking me to keep repeating things. If you prefer for them not to have the boxes to fill in, you can potentially just give them the clues.

Edit: If you've never done a traditional logic puzzle, the idea is to mark off squares as you find out what goes with what. So if I derive from the clues that A does not go with B, I would put an X in the box where those two things intersect. If I find out B does go with C, I might put a circle in that box. Now be elimination I can put X's in other boxes, etc. 

docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ain...
I'm getting an error when I try to open it tedluck. "That is not a valid spreadsheet URL."

@feetz_grande on Twitter

Anytime there is an actual letter, I like to print out an actual letter to hand people.
For Ch. 3, there is a letter from the dwarf Axelcrantz.

Here is a PDF that you can use!

docs.google.com/open?id=0Bxec94DrBL7BUHg...
AsmodeusLore D&D Insider News Guide Follow Me

D&D Home Page - What Class Are You? - Build A Character - D&D Compendium

Just minutes before I was going to post mine, Asmodeus!

But look! Yours is File Not Found!

Victory shall be mine after all! Here are our public documents, including the letter for session 3.
FML.
My link works now. DND site hates Google links.

P.s. my letter can kick your letters butt any day of the week.

Your letter is, indeed, impressive.

Mine is print-friendly. So there.

(I.... got nothing. Your letter's pretty damned awesome.) 
Yours uses half the paper and way less ink. I am jealous.

Yours will make the barmaids swoon. 
Nun uh. Yours will.

Mine will make the Owners of Printers and Purchasers of Ink and Paper swoon.

Not quite as cute as barmaids. 
great minds think alike,  I also did a letter to give to the party -- only had time to print it out - glad I did not have to compete with Asmodeus or Mortaine - awesome letters !!
I fixed the link to the logic puzzle, though a day too late. Sorry about that.
Reading ahead for next session it occurs to me that we could be using the same map several times in one session, not a bad thing per se, but I think I'll shift the encounter with the cave fishers into the mushrrom chamber and possibly use the mushroom map from Vaults of the Underdark for it, just for a bit of variety.

"Well that encounter was easy....er, guys, why is the DM grinning?" (party members last words)

It's not a party till the screaming starts!

Follow me on Twitter @Vobeskhan or check out my blog http://vobeskhan.wordpress.com/