Seance and Populate

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
I just wanted to confirm that I am not missing something on this interaction.

If Seance's ability to used to put a Borderland Ranger token onto the battlefield (that is also a spirit) and then I use Trostani, Selesnya's Voice ability to populate a copy, only the token formed from Seance's ability is exiled at the next end step.  The token produced by Trostani's populate has no trigger requiring exile correct?

As I read it the delayed exile trigger is set up by the enchantment and is not an ability of the token produced thus copies of the token are not affected.  Am I right or am I missing something?
Correct. The delayed triggered ability knows nothing about the token created by populate. It just exiles the token Seance's ability created.
Also note that the token created by populate will also be a spirit.

Additionally, contrasting populate with Parallel Lives or Doubling Season, where both tokens created by Seance in this case would be exiled

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out

Taking offers on my set of unopened limited edition full art judge foil basic lands, message me if interested.

Additionally, contrasting populate with Parallel Lives or Doubling Season, where both tokens created by Seance in this case would be exiled

Why is that?

Rules Advisor

The Basic rulebook, read it! A lot of basic questions are answered there!

How to autocard :
Type [c]Black Lotus[/c] to get Black Lotus.
Type [c=Black Lotus]The Overpowered One[/c] to get The Overpowered One.

Why is that?

because it doesn't copy the token, it simply modifies how many Seance creates

proud member of the 2011 community team