Epic Experiment and Additional Costs

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi, I would like to verify something about Epic Experiment.

For example, my opponent controls 1 creature and I do not control any creatures. I cast EE for X=5, and the cards exiled include a Krenko's Command and Launch Party.
I will not be able to cast Launch Party as it would not be able to sacrifice any tokens generated by Gather the Goblins, as the additional cost has to be paid upon putting it on the stack within EE's resolution and at that point of time, Gather the Goblins have yet to resolve to generate the needed creature, right?

If any other cards that have additional costs, they will still be payable even though they are not mana costs, right, although no player has priority to do anything while a spell (Epic Experiment in this case) is resolving?

Do correct me if I'm mistaken, thanks
Hi, I would like to verify something about Epic Experiment.

For example, my opponent controls 1 creature and I do not control any creatures. I cast EE for X=5, and the cards exiled include a Krenko's Command and Launch Party.
I will not be able to cast Launch Party as it would not be able to sacrifice any tokens generated by Gather the Goblins, as the additional cost has to be paid upon putting it on the stack within EE's resolution and at that point of time, Gather the Goblins have yet to resolve to generate the needed creature, right?

Correct.

If any other cards that have additional costs, they will still be payable even though they are not mana costs, right, although no player has priority to do anything while a spell (Epic Experiment in this case) is resolving?

Correct.
The Experiment lets you cast the spell without paying its mana cost. You still have to pay additional costs, however. If you don't control any creatures, you're not going to be able to cast the Launch Party. Even if you cast the Commander first, it won't give you the tokens until it resolves.

Wizards.Com Boards Net Rep

DCI Level 2 Judge

Questions don't have to make sense, but answers do.

Alright, got it guys, thanks
Sign In to post comments