Torm Domain + Fortifying Word?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Do the +2 bonuses to all defences stack?
If you mean the Channel Divinity power Torm's Justice, then no.  Both are power bonuses, only the highest applies.  Note that you'd still get the +2 to all of the non-Fortitude defenses, but Fort would be just the +4.
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition
Sorry, my initial post wasn't very clear >.< What I was referring to was the feature in the Torm Domain features and powers, which says that they get a +2 power bonus to all defenses until the end of my next turn with healing word, as opposed to Fortifying word, which says they get a +2 bonus to all defenses until the beginning of my next turn. No type listed means untyped, right? So they would stack?
Yes; if there's no word between '+2' and 'bonus', that's an untyped bonus, and stacks with all other things except for bonuses from that feature (so if you somehow were able to use Healing Word twice on the same guy in the same round, Fortifying Word wouldn't stack with itself.

It does, however, stack with the Torm Domain feature.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
Am I seeing a different Fortifying Word than you?

Fortifying Word
Heroic Tier
Prerequisite: Cleric, healing word class feature
Benefit: Targets of your healing word also gain a +4 power bonus to Fortitude and to saving throws against poison until the end of your next turn.

Did you mean Shielding Word?

Shielding Word
Heroic Tier
Prerequisite: Cleric, healing word
Benefit: Targets of your healing word class feature also gain a +2 bonus to all defenses until the start of your next turn.

If so, then as an untyped bonus Shielding Word stacks with everything but itself (meaning if somehow you use healing word twice, the bonus only applies once).
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition
It does, however, stack with the Torm Domain feature.

No Fortifying Word Defense bonus doesn't stack with the one granted by Torm Domain Feature because they are two power bonus.

NCS63 Torm Domain Feature: In addition, when you use healing word, the target of the power gains a +2 power bonus to all defenses until the end of your next turn.

D385 Fortifying Word: Targets of your healing word also gain a +4 power bonus to Fortitude and to saving throws against poison until the end of your next turn.

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

Based on (incorrect) reported information of Fortifying Word being untyped, I was correct.  Based on corrections, I wish to goodness posters would post correct information >.<
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.