What would you give dotp on a 10 point scale?

56 posts / 0 new
Last post
topic 

1. What would you give dotp on a 10 point scale?

2. What would you give your experience on these forums 1-10?

3. How much do u enjoy the competition online?

4. does this game make you want to play the real game?

5. what the differences between a noob and a stupid player?

6. Is this game starting to bore you yet?

7. and how old are you?

8. watch this-  www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FYXbXu45AQ - and tell me how it made you feel ?
topic 

What would you give your experience on these forums 1-10? 10

How much do u enjoy the competition online? 10

does this game make want to play the real game? 0 (I quit paper magic pretty much because it sucks)

what the differences between a noob and stupid player? lots of stuff

Is this game starting to bore you yet? no

an how old are you? 13 

Mafia Game Slots:

1. Open

2. Hundred Acres (Dead Town)

3. Open

4. Open

5. Open

6. Open

What would you give your experience on these forums 1-10? - 10, lots of great information here, depsite the recent decline in post/thread quality.

How much do u enjoy the competition online? - 10, magic is very competitively satisfying.

does this game make want to play the real game? - Indeed it did, I got back into paper Magic after DotP 09, still play occasionally with friends.

what the differences between a noob and stupid player? - Too many things to list, I've been playing for years and I still learn new things almost everytime I play.

Is this game starting to bore you yet? - Not at all, this game will probably never bore me.

an how old are you? - 22

Actually a nice post.
I've wondered some of these questions myself.

1. I would rate the forum a 9. Can't feel I can rate anything a 10. Very informative and interactive, and the ORCs are tightening it up.... some of my stuff included.
Competion is good or it's bad. Can't rate it. It is.
The game, and my bud who turned me on to it got me to spend some paper on paper.
A Noob is what I was before Jan. '11.
Stupid is as stupid does.
I'm 44.... Suprise!

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

I give DotP a 10 for what my money's worth

Forums here are good, some of the best I've ever been (personal note, 550-ish posts, most I've ever put on 1 forum) I rate the forum a 9.

I haven't actually played online, I like unlocking cards and brainstorming deck ideas.

I wish I could play the real game, I actually play DotP to actually play the game outside of Fridays.

I think one of the differences is that a noob can perhaps be taught (I'm not confusing noob with newb) but an idiot is one who refuses to learn. But as humans, we're all in the same category at some time or another.

No.

Age is personal, even though you can guess nothing if I told you.

Decks I run
Show
I currently run a deck for Standard, Modern, Commander and Legacy. For standard, I have a typical, horribly budget Rakdos Deck Wins. For Modern, I have a B/G/U/W Draw-go Reanimator featuring my favorite creature, Wurmcoil Engine. For Legacy, I'm trying too hard to break Pyromancer Ascension. I also run a Naya Zoo with all the oldies. For Commander/EDH, I'm running The Mimeoplasm. A little morals thing about me, I like winning through combos, but not infinitely. However quiet, I am a Christian, so feel free to tell me you are too, it's always a relief.
How to be saved?
Show
Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved and your house. Book of Acts 16:31
Cheers!
Good questions, up until that link. I shut that video off about 1 second into it. I am a sincere Christian and I don't appreciate garbage.

I give DOTP an 8/10. If they fix the bugs and add more of the features we ask for, it could be a 10.

These forums used to be a 10 as 99% of posts used to be about the game. Now, I give it a 7 because I have to sift through pages and pages of garbage to find anything relevant to the game.

I only enjoy the online aspect of this game. Single player is no fun at all to me because the AI is awful and its decks are stacked.

As for playing in real life, I am actually going to my first FNM tomorrow. I know one friend who plays, and he is loaning me a super sweet Jund deck to use. Only time will tell if I will like live play.

Differences between a noob and stupid player have been said perfectly: a noob wants to learn and a stupid player doesn't.

This game does not bore me. I was introduced to the world of magic with a demo of duels 09 but I didn't play it much before I loved it and I immediately downloaded duels 12. I played that game a ton, and have played lots of D13. I learn new things and come across new scenarios all the time in this game.

I am 30.
topic 

What would you give dotp on a 10 point scale?

What would you give your experience on these forums 1-10?

How much do u enjoy the competition online?

does this game make you want to play the real game?

what the differences between a noob and a stupid player?

Is this game starting to bore you yet?

and how old are you?

1.  Dotp grade:  7 out of 10.  I greatly enjoy the game however losing all progress on my xbox, the glitches and bugs I've encountered, syncing issues plus the horrid chat system in the Steam version that glitches on me causing me to end up in the pause menu decrease my score rather significantly.

2.  Forum rating:  Last year I would have given it a 9.  This year I give it a 6 due to the insane amount of trolling and ridiculous egotistical, self entitled arguments I've seen.  Keeps the mods busy at least.

3.  Online competition?  I enjoy it, especially when I'm having an epic fight; a lot of back and forth action.  Low life totals, low library amounts, come back wins (both sides).  I respect my opponents until they prove they don't deserve it.  Kind of like innocent until proven guilty, lol. 

4.  I play the real game occasionally, both paper and MTGO.  Not often though as I prefer Dotp.  I want glitch/bug fixes for this version and future ones.  It's tempting to not buy the future version but I probably will.

5.  noob or stupid player?  Intelligence and a willingness to listen to feedback from experienced players.  (Please note that I'm not placing myself in the "experienced" category.

6.  The game does not bore me.  I want more decks though.  The more decks, the better.

7.  My age:  35.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.

Age is personal, even though you can guess nothing if I told you.

You are old, i bet my life :D

--------------------

Is ok not great and not bad

Yes and  i have a friend who is telling me to play magic with him, he bought like 4 displays so he can give me like 80% of a deck i want but still magic is very expensive so i have think twice :D

Stupid players are stupid, there's only one n00b Gamer and thats me :D

Yes, i don't play it like before

7. and how old are you?

8. watch this-  www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FYXbXu45AQ - and tell me how it made you feel ?

I want to kick your balls.

Oh hypocrisy! A World full of n00bs indeed!

Good luck at fnm antkour, i assume its standard? If so jund is sweet.

Good luck at fnm antkour, i assume its standard? If so jund is sweet.

Thank you. It is standard. I've been reading on daily mtg to get an idea of some of the other popular decks out there, because being new to magic irl, I don't know the majority of cards out there.
topic 

7. and how old are you?

1) 9 (always screwing up at least 1 deck, MS this time, keeps it from being a 10)
2) 9 (above average for an online game forum. the intellegient contributors outweigh the nonsense easily)
3) 10
4) Kind of, but not really. I'm not sure I could stomach some of the immature players in person. And it costs too much and I fear it's just a "bomb" deck race.
5) One is new, the other is not.
6) No, but the sheer number of decks, I don't have time to play them all.
7) Too old to appreciate the video in #8, not even a little bit.
Jeez, just checked out some of the video.
Really does not belong here.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Jeez, just checked out some of the video. Really does not belong here.

Same.  I have zero interest in the video.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
I think one of the differences is that a noob can perhaps be taught (I'm not confusing noob with newb) but an idiot is one who refuses to learn. But as humans, we're all in the same category at some time or another.

Interesting... to me this is the opposite.

Noob = annoying close minded idiot that will stuck at a lower skill level forever due to the way he/she behave towards the game.
Newb =  newbie = new player who needs more time in order to fully grasp the game.

Everyone has to be a newbie once and adapt to a new game... (this applies to more than games too) but hopefully, one will progress.

---

Now on topic. I won't answer your questions I just don't feel like it. But I can deduct this:

If you came here to ask about this game, you probably want to hear good stuff about it. Well I think it's correctly priced. The game comes with a subpar GUI that is annoying, but you just have to get over that and then you get some nice decks to play.

You joined the forum a while ago, so I understand that you know/play mtg on another platform (paper? mtgo?) My suggestion would be to take a look at the deck list and see if these are the kind of deck you want to be playing/playing against. I'm saying this because if you're used to like, competitive legacy... you'll find these decks to be quite basic and unreliable with their 2 of's of inferior cards. They chose to make it this way to creature more diversity since you won't play your own deck that you would as a quadlazer because you want it to always run the same, you will only tweak a deck that was designed by someone else with new mtg players in mind. Enjoying this game is mostly a matter of enjoying the decks in it since it's a format of its own.

I dont konw what would make you think i just started playing. I was playing duels since wayyyy back in the day (since the lunch of dotp 2012 lol). the reason i asked these question is so everyone in these forums to get to know each other a little better and so we can have a higher tolerance for one and other. thanks for the advice even if its not needed may someone else will find it useful.
topic 

7. and how old are you?

1. 10/10 despite the bugs, i play each iteration for thousands of hours for a total of about £20? Best entertainment value ever

2. It was a 10, but lately the forums are troll-tastic. It's sad to see

3. Just as much as no competition. I like to play against good players, but i'm not fussed for a win or loss, as long as the game is enjoyable

4. No.

5. A noob is somebody who can learn, a stupid player is too stupid to learn

6. after 3-4 years? No way

7. 26

8. Didn't watch               

I'd say an 8. Terrific Value for it's cost, new deck releases are always exciting.
I don't play it as much anymore though. 8's a solid score I think.

Actually, with respect to what I look at as a very successful improvement over '12, I'll bump it up to 9. 
For $10 this year, you get a TON of value out of this game. There are still some hangups though.

Eh, 5. There is a lot of ... Let's just say the the way things are now with people trolling and spamming threads makes me long fo the days when Stevolutionary and I were fighting all the time...
The forum has the potential to be a 9 or so. Right now though? Not even close.

I don't play online that much unfortunately. When I do find the time to play, it'susually resetting a deck that I had an idea for or was dissatisfied with and testing a new approach.

No. I played the real game for more than a decade, sunk a LOT of money into it, then stopped. DotP is a nice way that I can play again, but I have no interest in playing real magic.

Ironically, most of the time I hear the word "Noob" it's from the mouth of a stupid player. I find that generally "Noob" is an insult flung around by unimaginative people ...

As one of the three games that take up most of my gaming time right now, I play DotP the least. Not necessarily boredom, but it's not the most interesting thing for me at this time. 

7. and how old are you?
I'm as old as the fjords and as a young as a new born lamb.

8. watch this-  www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FYXbXu45AQ - and tell me how it made you feel?
The video made me feel as though I don't even want to click the link to see what it is.

What... Did I just blow your mind?

1. What would you give dotp on a 10 point scale? I would give this game a 9 its not perfect but it takes up most of my game time.

2. What would you give your experience on these forums 1-10? A 9.5 i like these forums the good and the bad things about it you just need thick skin.

3. How much do u enjoy the competition online? 6 that why i join these forum mostly for the tourneys to much rage quitting for my taste. And ps3 leader broads are broken and useless. But i did have some epic games against Steve, karatian and noobgamer in tourneys.

.4. does this game make you want to play the real game? no not at all just more duels.

5. what the differences between a noob and a stupid player? A noob is bad at the game because hes new a stupid player is bad because he/she is an idiot.

6. Is this game starting to bore you yet? A little but some dlc leaks would raise my interest. 

7. and how old are you? 23

8. watch this-  www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FYXbXu45AQ - and tell me how it made you feel ? guys the vid is just for fun its not trying to offend anyone and what he says does not change any thing in your life just watch it and move on.

Can I rate individual posters or must I generalize the forum as a whole?

If we did,  you would be somewhere around the 1/10 mark.

A few of you would put me there for sure, But there are quite a few people here that actually appreciate my posts (you know, the forum members with good taste and higher social standing).

I'm a 10/10 bro.

I don't even recognize your name which means you post very little or what you write is forgettable. In either case, by default, you couldn't score higher than a 3.

A few of you would put me there for sure, But there are quite a few people here that actually appreciate my posts (you know, the forum members with good taste and higher social standing).

I'm a 10/10 bro.

I don't even recognize your name which means you post very little or what you write is forgettable. In either case, by default, you couldn't score higher than a 3.

Funny thing is you get more threads locked than you post useful things, so yeah I'm sure 95% would rate you 1/10. But it's ok, we need "that guy".

Come to think of it. Any new person on this forum should take it as things not to do/believe when you say to do them or they are the truth. Like, oh I don't know, telling peple your a 10... You must have been trolling when you posted this yes?
Avenger of Zendikar is not game... Got a question as to whether a card without shroud or hexproof is good? Answer is, dies to removal. "Control Slivers"
Says the guy that contributes NOTHING and I mean NOTHING to this forum.

You are a -5 on a scale of 1-10 here. Literally, all you do here is a **** job trolling. The only tragedy here is you not being a **** stain on your father's mattress. 
This forum is trash now. ****s like you have ruined it. Going to blops 2. 

So done with this game and the idiots making up this forum. The magic stereotype regarding real life players of this game is 100% true.

Pure ****ry on this forum. I wonder how many of you were outcasts and picked on playing your card game while in school...LOLOLOLOL 
What did I just witness here..... 
Way to ruin another thread guys.
The forum was so nice for a couple of days

Anyway, high scores for this year's game, like the forums when it's on-topic, like the competition much more now that I moved to Steam (previously did Xbox and PS3), and my age is certainly above average here.
For the most part, it's just been one troll, and a few people that continually respond to him.  If he's actually gone now, things should improve.
That's not true, there are at least 4 people who troll, whilst there is one worse than the rest they are all equally disruptive to the forum.
I stand corrected.  There is clearly more than one troll.
Stevolutionary we all know your talking about killab cause in these forum you people like to gain up on one person. u think u will get ban that's why you don't name people man up its just a forum get a life bruh.

Actually, "brah", if you would engage your brain for even a single nanosecond and actually read my post, you will see that I said Killa only acted the way he did because he was the sustained target of abuse for months. Killa is the person who is being referred to as having left the forum, and inbetween causing arguments, he actually made the odd helpful and constructive post - something none of the people baiting him have ever done.

He occasionally lost his mind, but usually because he was constantly trolled in every topic he posted by 5 or so people, probably only then because he was the most likely to flare up and these people are laughably lonely attention seekers.

I feel you bruh that what im saying the real trolls are (rimes with) dripp,groneon,6789guy and ph50. killab should have never follow them up.

You forgot 64half, he doesn't post as much as before but he was a crappy troll.

Oh hypocrisy! A World full of n00bs indeed!

"I have a grudge against this guy" = troll
How can anyone have a grudge against forum users if they just signed up yesterd....

.....ohhhhhhhh.
So I was going to do the little questionnaire but honestly it seems kinda pointless now what with the whole thing being hijacked into a completely different topic again *sigh*. Instead can I just ask if we can please have a thread which doesn't just descend into everyone shouting at each other? Pretty please?

Okay just quickly;
Game: 9/10, Forum: See Above, Online: S'okay I guess, Real Game: Nope, Noob/Stupid: Too much, Boring: Not Really, Age: 25, Vid: Didn't Watch

Welcome! I'm Garren and I'll be your designated villain for the evening.

I, Garren, will knock you all down!

Yeah, I really think it is just the one person.  The others only rarely hijack threads, and usually it's in response to that person.  There have admittedly been exceptions, but the forum was a much different place prior to that person joining, and whatever new persona he takes.
Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 is the best of the 3 Duels games. The decks are interesting, offer a lot of different play styles (Aggro -Midrange - Control). 40 card unlocks per deck make sure that you have plenty of options. The presentation is also great.
10/10

At the moment I'm not as often here as I used to be but when I do I see a lot of "whine" threads and stuff like that. This was not the case with the first two games. I guess it's popularity which also attracted more trolls.
But anyway I think these forums are a great place to ask questions, post deck lists, speculate with other members or just to have fun.
9/10

3. How much do you enjoy the competition online?
I enjoy it but playing paper Magic at tournaments is a real competition. I don't play a lot of Duels at the moment though. The Expansion decks aren't too exciting in my opinion and there are tons of other games which I am playing at the moment (Borderlands 2, Dead or Alive 5, etc.)
8/10

Yep, I started playing paper magic after the first Duels of the Planeswalkers game. Most of my friends who played Duels also started with paper Magic so we have to thank Duels of the Planeswalkers for this great chance.  Warning: Paper Magic is very expensive though....but not a lot of things are better than opening booster packs Laughing
10/10

A stupid player won't win a lot of matches even with the best deck (there's a guy at my local game store who loses almost every game even though he has one of the most expensive decks). A noob will learn how to be better and improve his skills.

As I said I don't like any of the Expansion decks very much. I hope there will be Expansion 2 with the other 5 guilds from Ravnica. Selesyna is my favorite guild from Expansion 1 but the deck itself is just boring.

7. and how old are you?
Why is this question important and what does it have to do with the other ones?

I don't care at all.

IMAGE(http://oi39.tinypic.com/14mvxh5.jpg)

Can everyone who who did not answer the question i wrote in the op leave this thread. You are not needed none of you because If your here for anything that's Not the topic YOU ARE A TROLL.
A guy with 6 post got like 20 responses sad day in magic I got to start using the word troll more often because that seems to make you popular around here. No offence 1v1.
And hilariously... I can't decide where I would fall in the whole "is a troll/responds to trolls/is an enabler/is disruptive etc" thing.

Does the fact that I can't reach some conclusion make me a horrible person by default?
And hilariously... I can't decide where I would fall in the whole "is a troll/responds to trolls/is an enabler/is disruptive etc" thing.

Does the fact that I can't reach some conclusion make me a horrible person by default?

did u answer the OP if not then yes u are a troll. jeezz peoplethese days. Add plattercat to the list.

Um, yes I answered the OP... long before you.

You ain't a troll dude, you've been posting here for a long long time. Back from duels 09? There are quite a few old school posters in here, but gone are the days of card speculation and you, brodo, crazy and many others offering Stainless free deck building advice.

I've always felt that Stainless listen closely to this forum, although they never respond or communicate at all. It just seems that what cards/decks we ask for, often turn up. But with this influx of trolls and constant locked threads i do fear for the future of DOTP. Personally, i would feel sick to my stomach if (for want of a better term) "cod crowd" showed up and ruined DOTP.

I really thought this was the last bastion for decent conversation and truely gamers gameplay, while all the industry went to hell around us this place seemed to keep it's head above the water. It even looks like we've scared Wizards_Sean off. First time we get a proper Wizards rep and he can't post for spam. Such a shame

Sorry to go off topic.     
@ocal.
Couldn't agree more and I didn't join until January of thia year. I have seen a massive change in a community that really helped my game. I in turn, have also tried to help others, but is almost impossible to do these days as every thread seems to go down in flames.

Show

Sign In to post comments