Zombie Token Deck B/G

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
I am looking to make a Zombie Token Deck, more specifically a deck based on getting out massive ammounts of zombie tokens to overwelm my opponent.  now this isnt for a tournament I would be battling friends and neighbors so we can use any card, just nothing too crazy expensive haha.

Some of my idead were grave titan, endless ranks of the dead, Parallel Lives and so on.

I have 4 Gravecrawlers 4 Geralf's Messenger and things like that from my normal zombie deck but it was a black/blue zombie deck and I figured this Z-Token Deck would be Black/Green.

Thanks in advance guys I cant wait to play this deck cause it will be very fun ^_^
bump, maybe incorperate Biorhythm?
any ideas on a good starting point?
Endless Ranks of the Dead, and Lots  of  Zombie  lords? Find a way to protect Ranks, add some removal, throw in a few other cheapo Zombies to get you out of the gate, and go from there.
Maybe something like this?

3x Lord of the Undead
3x Cemetery Reaper
3x Death Baron
3x Undead Warchief
3x Lotleth Troll
4x Diregraf Ghoul

4x Endless Ranks of the Dead
3x Abrupt Decay
3x Maelstrom Pulse
3x Putrefy
3x Eldrazi Monument
2x Damnation

23x proper mana base

I guess that doesn't meet your "not too expensive" requirement, but it's a concept, an idea of somewhere to start. Some of those $ cards (Troll, Decay, Pulse) can be swapped for cheaper alternatives. Although there's not much of an alternative for the Eldrazi/Damnation trick.
endless is better served with defensive zombies than lords. once it gets going you dont need anything  other than that massive army of tokens., although noxious ghoul is a good option.

also, no zombie deck should be without quest for the gravelord

4 x skinrender
3 x unbreathing horde
2 x zombie master
4 x gempalm polluter
3 x noxious ghoul
3 x quest for the gravelord
3 x geralf's messenger
2 x
4 x phyrexian crusader
3 x duress
4 x endless ranks of the dead
2 x unmake
3 x
black cat
boneknitter
butcher ghoul
korlash, heir to blackblade
plaguebearer
rotlung reanimator
soulless one
endless is better served with defensive zombies than lords. once it gets going you dont need anything  other than that massive army of tokens., although noxious ghoul is a good option.

also, no zombie deck should be without quest for the gravelord

4 x skinrender
3 x unbreathing horde
2 x zombie master
4 x gempalm polluter
3 x noxious ghoul
3 x quest for the gravelord
3 x geralf's messenger
2 x
4 x phyrexian crusader
3 x duress
4 x endless ranks of the dead
2 x unmake
3 x
black cat
boneknitter
butcher ghoul
korlash, heir to blackblade
plaguebearer
rotlung reanimator
soulless one

wouldnt Parallel lives be a good addition?
Will you be playing mostly 1v1 or multiplayer games with this deck?
parralel lives would be a bad addkition. once you get endless going its really all you need. the difference between getting 50% or 100% tokens every turn is neglible compared to the probelm of actua,ly getting endless in play and delaying opponent long enough to get it up and running.
Parallel Lives is more of a sweet-yummy-icing-on-top win-more. Overkill. BUT, everyone likes icing....
i have tried makeing a deck like this before and parallel lives is indeed fun and when its out with endless ranks its a zombie lovers wet dream but i have been up against control decks and just in those situations where they manage just to get rid of that one card you need then it is really not fun. I also went black green and then i eventually swaped the green for blue which also opens up some fun possiblites Undead Alchemist Rooftop Storm Grimgrin, Corpse-Born and of course your blue counter spells blah blah...
         If you are going black green for sure then what id say was the rough part is finding the best way to get a horde of zombies out in the fastest way possible. Now if you are not useing any mana boosting stuff which green can do for you then if you have a good draw you can get endless out on turn 4.  Idk how fast the decks you face are but i would suggest start looking into faster ways to get mana u need i.e Dark Ritual Birds of Paradise etc...
Will you be playing mostly 1v1 or multiplayer games with this deck?

about even on both haha