10/24/2012 UR: The Great Concourse

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's Uncharted Realms, which goes live Wednesday morning on magicthegathering.com.
...And thus Trostani was formed.

This was a pretty good read. 
Known as Blitzer on most forums. Despite the username, I am male. Both sex AND gender.
Much better than last week
The story this week was well-paced, it had a clear conflict established and then solved, and it explains both an important part of the storyline as well as the origin of a single card. This is what Uncharted Realms is supposed to be.

If I have a criticism, it's that I wish we saw more characterization from the three dryads pre-Trostani; we didn't see enough from the dryads as individuals to feel the weight of that individuality disappearing. However, the story is still well-delivered and easily one of the best from Uncharted Realms so far.
Isn't anyone else sick of the Selesnya by now? They are boring and we have to keep reading about them, I wish there'd be more focus on the other guilds, especially Izzet and Golgari.

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
The story this week was well-paced, it had a clear conflict established and then solved, and it explains both an important part of the storyline as well as the origin of a single card. This is what Uncharted Realms is supposed to be.

If I have a criticism, it's that I wish we saw more characterization from the three dryads pre-Trostani; we didn't see enough from the dryads as individuals to feel the weight of that individuality disappearing. However, the story is still well-delivered and easily one of the best from Uncharted Realms so far.

Though I agree with your criticism in a vacuum, within the context of this website there really isn't a choice. There is a word limit for articles so the writer has a lot of constraints to work with. I would've loved for his story to be longer and explain more about those dryads, but alas, the story couldn't be any longer.

For me, I just want to thank the author for a good read. Thank you.
Suniel should have gotten a proper description when he was introduced. For the entire council chamber scene I thought he was female.

Other than that, good read and relevant to the overarching storyline too. Better than I expected from a guest author.
I thought this was a very good uncharted realms, not only in its quality, but at what it hinted at. Izzet vs. selenya, or possibly nico bolas, yet that is less likily.
I feel kind of in the dark on The Lattice.
Sign In to post comments