Help me out

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
I am trying to build a Level 27 Half-Elf hybrid Barb|Fighter / Paragon MC Warden / Eternal Seeker. The help I need is I am tryin to make him a boss fight nightmare by finding a Warden Form, Fighter Stance, Barbarian Rage, and and 1-2 other Until End of Encounter Powers that have really extreme synergy to be used in one fight, preferably with Fire damage. Thanks in advance! 
Since that's absolutely not the best way to win a Boss fight, would you be adverse to suggestions that involve other classes? Or are you just looking for "How many silly EoE effects can I have active at the same time"?
"Invokers are probably better round after round but Wizard dailies are devastating. Actually, devastating is too light a word. Wizard daily powers are soul crushing, encounter ending, havoc causing pieces of awesome." -AirPower25 Sear the Flesh, Purify the Soul; Harden the Heart, and Improve the Mind; Born of Blood, but Forged by Fire; The MECH warrior reaches perfection.
I am going for a bunch a few synergist effects that last until the end of the encounter on at the same time for the character. I am not sure how that is silly though as it can make a character really insane for a fight. 
I think the silly is that you'll need a minor action to turn on the warden form, a minor action to turn on the fighter stance, and a standard action to rage. You'll undoubtably want to get within melee range of the monster, and in general, you can't charge while you're using your warden form, so you'll need some way to move that's either a) provided by an ally, b) expening your action point (which might be a charge), or c) somehow gaining a free action/no action movement that gets you in melee range.

None of this action usage counts any other EoE effects that you might gain.

You've expended at least two of your daily attack powers for this, possibly three, depending on what fighter stance you decide to use.

And all of this is to make you really awesome in one fight against a solo, which is typically the easiest type of encounter to defeat for epic characters.
Why paragon MC.  You can just swap for a 1/day warden form, and still get a good paragon path which can have it's own daily.

guides
List of no-action attacks.
Dynamic vs Static Bonuses
Phalanx tactics and builds
Crivens! A Pictsies Guide Good
Power
s to intentionally miss with
Mr. Cellophane: How to be unnoticed
Way's to fire around corners
Crits: what their really worth
Retroactive bonus vs Static bonus.
Runepriest handbook & discussion thread
Holy Symbols to hang around your neck
Ways to Gain or Downgrade Actions
List of bonuses to saving throws
The Ghost with the Most (revenant handbook)
my builds
F-111 Interdictor Long (200+ squares) distance ally teleporter. With some warlord stuff. Broken in a plot way, not a power way.

Thought Switch Higher level build that grants upto 14 attacks on turn 1. If your allies play along, it's broken.

Elven Critters Crit op with crit generation. 5 of these will end anything. Broken.

King Fisher Optimized net user.  Moderate.

Boominator Fun catch-22 booming blade build with either strong or completely broken damage depending on your reading.

Very Distracting Warlock Lot's of dazing and major penalties to hit. Overpowered.

Pocket Protector Pixie Stealth Knight. Maximizing the defender's aura by being in an ally's/enemy's square.

Yakuza NinjIntimiAdin: Perma-stealth Striker that offers a little protection for ally's, and can intimidate bloodied enemies. Very Strong.

Chargeburgler with cheese Ranged attacks at the end of a charge along with perma-stealth. Solid, could be overpowered if tweaked.

Void Defender Defends giving a penalty to hit anyone but him, then removing himself from play. Can get somewhat broken in epic.

Scry and Die Attacking from around corners, while staying hidden. Moderate to broken, depending on the situation.

Skimisher Fly in, attack, and fly away. Also prevents enemies from coming close. Moderate to Broken depending on the enemy, but shouldn't make the game un-fun, as the rest of your team is at risk, and you have enough weaknesses.

Indestructible Simply won't die, even if you sleep though combat.  One of THE most abusive character in 4e.

Sir Robin (Bravely Charge Away) He automatically slows and pushes an enemy (5 squares), while charging away. Hard to rate it's power level, since it's terrain dependent.

Death's Gatekeeper A fun twist on a healic, making your party "unkillable". Overpowered to Broken, but shouldn't actually make the game un-fun, just TPK proof.

Death's Gatekeeper mk2, (Stealth Edition) Make your party "unkillable", and you hidden, while doing solid damage. Stronger then the above, but also easier for a DM to shut down. Broken, until your DM get's enough of it.

Domination and Death Dominate everything then kill them quickly. Only works @ 30, but is broken multiple ways.

Battlemind Mc Prone-Daze Protecting your allies by keeping enemies away. Quite powerful.

The Retaliator Getting hit deals more damage to the enemy then you receive yourself, and you can take plenty of hits. Heavy item dependency, Broken.

Dead Kobold Transit Teleports 98 squares a turn, and can bring someone along for the ride. Not fully built, so i can't judge the power.

Psilent Guardian Protect your allies, while being invisible. Overpowered, possibly broken.

Rune of Vengance Do lot's of damage while boosting your teams. Strong to slightly overpowered.

Charedent BarrageA charging ardent. Fine in a normal team, overpowered if there are 2 together, and easily broken in teams of 5.

Super Knight A tough, sticky, high damage knight. Strong.

Super Duper Knight Basically the same as super knight with items, making it far more broken.

Mora, the unkillable avenger Solid damage, while being neigh indestuctable. Overpowered, but not broken.

Swordburst Maximus At-Will Close Burst 3 that slide and prones. Protects allies with off actions. Strong, possibly over powered with the right party.

Went Paragon Multiclass for the ability to pick from all classes for powers using the Half- Elf Feat. And And its level 27 I can get a free Move Action easily to get adjacent to a mob to **** it. I understand its not the most efficent way to go about doing this but the character I have in mind is ok in all encounters but for one fight a day he uses his Daily powers in concert to be a epic level Madman of Destruction. And with my DM this would be the fight against the BBEG that is not a Solo but a very high level Elite with homies.
Since this seems to be non-helpful I will just work on it myself. Thanks for the help even if it was just go do something else. 
Went Paragon Multiclass for the ability to pick from all classes for powers using the Half- Elf Feat. And And its level 27 I can get a free Move Action easily to get adjacent to a mob to **** it. I understand its not the most efficent way to go about doing this but the character I have in mind is ok in all encounters but for one fight a day he uses his Daily powers in concert to be a epic level Madman of Destruction. And with my DM this would be the fight against the BBEG that is not a Solo but a very high level Elite with homies.

Don't you get that with eternal seeker anyways?

guides
List of no-action attacks.
Dynamic vs Static Bonuses
Phalanx tactics and builds
Crivens! A Pictsies Guide Good
Power
s to intentionally miss with
Mr. Cellophane: How to be unnoticed
Way's to fire around corners
Crits: what their really worth
Retroactive bonus vs Static bonus.
Runepriest handbook & discussion thread
Holy Symbols to hang around your neck
Ways to Gain or Downgrade Actions
List of bonuses to saving throws
The Ghost with the Most (revenant handbook)
my builds
F-111 Interdictor Long (200+ squares) distance ally teleporter. With some warlord stuff. Broken in a plot way, not a power way.

Thought Switch Higher level build that grants upto 14 attacks on turn 1. If your allies play along, it's broken.

Elven Critters Crit op with crit generation. 5 of these will end anything. Broken.

King Fisher Optimized net user.  Moderate.

Boominator Fun catch-22 booming blade build with either strong or completely broken damage depending on your reading.

Very Distracting Warlock Lot's of dazing and major penalties to hit. Overpowered.

Pocket Protector Pixie Stealth Knight. Maximizing the defender's aura by being in an ally's/enemy's square.

Yakuza NinjIntimiAdin: Perma-stealth Striker that offers a little protection for ally's, and can intimidate bloodied enemies. Very Strong.

Chargeburgler with cheese Ranged attacks at the end of a charge along with perma-stealth. Solid, could be overpowered if tweaked.

Void Defender Defends giving a penalty to hit anyone but him, then removing himself from play. Can get somewhat broken in epic.

Scry and Die Attacking from around corners, while staying hidden. Moderate to broken, depending on the situation.

Skimisher Fly in, attack, and fly away. Also prevents enemies from coming close. Moderate to Broken depending on the enemy, but shouldn't make the game un-fun, as the rest of your team is at risk, and you have enough weaknesses.

Indestructible Simply won't die, even if you sleep though combat.  One of THE most abusive character in 4e.

Sir Robin (Bravely Charge Away) He automatically slows and pushes an enemy (5 squares), while charging away. Hard to rate it's power level, since it's terrain dependent.

Death's Gatekeeper A fun twist on a healic, making your party "unkillable". Overpowered to Broken, but shouldn't actually make the game un-fun, just TPK proof.

Death's Gatekeeper mk2, (Stealth Edition) Make your party "unkillable", and you hidden, while doing solid damage. Stronger then the above, but also easier for a DM to shut down. Broken, until your DM get's enough of it.

Domination and Death Dominate everything then kill them quickly. Only works @ 30, but is broken multiple ways.

Battlemind Mc Prone-Daze Protecting your allies by keeping enemies away. Quite powerful.

The Retaliator Getting hit deals more damage to the enemy then you receive yourself, and you can take plenty of hits. Heavy item dependency, Broken.

Dead Kobold Transit Teleports 98 squares a turn, and can bring someone along for the ride. Not fully built, so i can't judge the power.

Psilent Guardian Protect your allies, while being invisible. Overpowered, possibly broken.

Rune of Vengance Do lot's of damage while boosting your teams. Strong to slightly overpowered.

Charedent BarrageA charging ardent. Fine in a normal team, overpowered if there are 2 together, and easily broken in teams of 5.

Super Knight A tough, sticky, high damage knight. Strong.

Super Duper Knight Basically the same as super knight with items, making it far more broken.

Mora, the unkillable avenger Solid damage, while being neigh indestuctable. Overpowered, but not broken.

Swordburst Maximus At-Will Close Burst 3 that slide and prones. Protects allies with off actions. Strong, possibly over powered with the right party.

Not really, with the PM I got a Encounter from any class a utility from any class and a daily at 19 from any class. I can get a Form from MC, and a Stance and a Rage from my Hybrid classes. With Paragon MC I can pick a Encounter from one of my Primaries and a Utility from any (which leaves a lot of awesome options otherwise unable to pick up) and a Daily to add to my EotE Suite. And I never have to trade those out either. 

I am droppin Paragon MC for Stonefire Rager cause the Rage is nice.

Since this seems to be non-helpful I will just work on it myself. Thanks for the help even if it was just go do something else. 

I'm no D&D master but even I can see why you're not getting much help here: you're almost actively shooting yourself in the foot.  I think this design you have looks a lot better on paper than it will in practice; as JRed pointed out you're going to suffer some action economy issues, and loading yourself into one encounter means you're going to be subpar for any other fights in the day.  Hell, even that one encounter, you're talking about a boss fight, a solo.  Something tells me the guy will be going down before you really get up to speed, making your specialization feel like 3 tons of overkill.

Perhaps you should tell us why you're so dedicated to such a bizarre build.  DM being pretty weird?  Some strange specific boss that somehow requires an absurd build to topple?  Some sort of odd thought experiment?  Maybe if we know why it'll be a lot easier to put together.  Because otherwise all I can come back to is what erachima said: just build a normal optimized barbarian and you'll wreck that solo encounter just fine, as well as all the other encounters in the day too.
And the good news is you've picked 2 defenders that have difficulty being defenders in epic! 
I think this design you have looks a lot better on paper than it will in practice; as JRed pointed out you're going to suffer some action economy issues, and loading yourself into one encounter means you're going to be subpar for any other fights in the day. 

It's also really not making the most of the powers you're using.  EoE powers are worth more in longer fights, so using them to try to end things quickly is not really a good strategy.

Something that works much better with 4e is a plain ol' nova package.  Don't worry about all encounter, just take things that you can dump in a couple rounds.  By the time those rounds are over, the fight is mostly won anyway unless something went horribly wrong.  Many strikers can have a decent encounter nova with some nice extra tricks for daily/AP usage that really express the daily rampage schtick.

This way, when the guy you thought was the BBEG turns out to just be his right hand man, you'll still have some juice for the real showdown in the next encounter.  (And this will happen if you bring a character as described in the OP.)
As a thought, the OP could be playing a home-brewed lair-assault type thing, where it's known going in that there will be one encounter with no rests of any kind.... but that one encounter is likely to include 3-4 (er, 3-8, it's epic after all and the guidelines are losing predictive power) encounters worth of monsters/traps/terrain/etc.

so we could try and give advice for that sort of setup, since it's what he's building for anyway. 

"Nice assumptions. Completely wrong assumptions, but by jove if being incorrect stopped people from making idiotic statements, we wouldn't have modern internet subculture." Kerrus
Practical gameplay runs by neither RAW or RAI, but rather "A Compromise Between The Gist Of The Rule As I Recall Getting The Impression Of It That One Time I Read It And What Jerry Says He Remembers, Whatever, We'll Look It Up Later If Any Of Us Still Give A Damn." Erachima

As a thought, the OP could be playing a home-brewed lair-assault type thing, where it's known going in that there will be one encounter with no rests of any kind.... but that one encounter is likely to include 3-4 (er, 3-8, it's epic after all and the guidelines are losing predictive power) encounters worth of monsters/traps/terrain/etc.

so we could try and give advice for that sort of setup, since it's what he's building for anyway. 

This is what I was going for thanks for the assist Kilpatds. Please just ignore the fact that this is way out in left field for the op boards because I am not trying to use a elemental cheese or use a exploit to theoretically make a million damage in a round. If you do not want to help I understand but please do not troll post about how I could do a hundred different other things cause I have those guys built and I want this to be different.
You sound like you're good to go then
10/10 Would Flame Again: An Elite Paladin|Warlock The Elemental Man (or Woman): A Genasi Handbook The Warlord, Or How to Wield a Barbarian One-Handed The Bookish Barbarian Fardiz: RAI is fairly clear, but RAZ is different That's right. Rules According to Zelink!
*requests epic melee fire damage
*refuses to use element abilities

whelp, time to check out. Hope you find a nice weapon that works with your character
Doing something like the OP is trying is actually how I ended up discovering the absurdity of Epic Revenants and 2 different infinite damage methods simply because I was trying to find enough actions to be able to activate 7 EoE effects and 2 Sustain Minors in the first round; and then I just realized "wait, I have 7-9 Standard Actions and 6 other actions to attack with this round on top of 2 standards I can't attack with, why don't I just kill everything instead?"
"Invokers are probably better round after round but Wizard dailies are devastating. Actually, devastating is too light a word. Wizard daily powers are soul crushing, encounter ending, havoc causing pieces of awesome." -AirPower25 Sear the Flesh, Purify the Soul; Harden the Heart, and Improve the Mind; Born of Blood, but Forged by Fire; The MECH warrior reaches perfection.
Sign In to post comments