I need help solving riddle, before I get hacked to death by orcs

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
Friends, Romans, and country men, I need your help write now. I am a rogue/sorcerer trying to help my friend whose a paladin defeat an orcish warload, and claim his place. However, should my friend get slaughtered in the duel, I would like to be able to not die. My plan to not die, should my friend fall, is use my cloak of elven kind to become invisible and flee. However, it requires an activation word that i don't know. The clues i've gotten for it is it's two words, and it's something that moves fast between land and sea, that's not an animal. Please help my character live, and give me what ever answers you think are right.
All the best,
Tarrak
The Sun
The Tide
The Beach
The Moon
Your Shadow? (Heard a riddle like that once)

Seeing as its an ELF cloak, the Sun is a logical guest
Thank you for your contributions, although I just recieved more clues from my dm. The first word is not "the", and it has to do with the border between the land and the sea. The second word has to do with what travels easily on that border.

First word could be either sand, beach, wave, tide or foam.  Foam could also be the second word if the first is wave, tide or something similar.

Show

I am the Magic Man.

(Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.)

I am the Lawnmower Man.

(I AM GOD HERE!)

I am the Skull God.

(Koo Koo Ka Choo)

There are reasons they call me Mad...

How about 'Sea Breeze'?
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.
"Breaking Waves"?
You know what...I was gonna offer some guesses..but forget that!

You wanna survive if your buddy dies? don't try to run! Instead, play to the orcs ego and become his toady. Butter him up with some compliments and some groveling...then offer him some valuable information in exchange for "mercifully sparing you in all his infinite wisdom"...ingratiate yourself to him as much as possible. Oh...also start sharpening a knife.

I'm on a journey of enlightenment, learning and self-improvement. A journey towards mastery. A journey that will never end. If you challenge me, prepare to be challenged. If you have something to offer as a fellow student, I will accept it. If you call yourself a master, prepare to be humbled. If you seek me, look to the path. I will be traveling it.

Proudly playing in many wrong ways. I'm not afraid of playing wrong according to the rules. Why are you?

100 Crack Reply of the Yagamifire. You are already wrong.

You know what...I was gonna offer some guesses..but forget that!

You wanna survive if your buddy dies? don't try to run! Instead, play to the orcs ego and become his toady. Butter him up with some compliments and some groveling...then offer him some valuable information in exchange for "mercifully sparing you in all his infinite wisdom"...ingratiate yourself to him as much as possible. Oh...also start sharpening a knife.

this
2 words?

"Cast identify" - should give you everything you need.  
My dm actually refused to let me cast identify on it.

Here, here's a cold wet fish.  Slap him with it.
It's dangerous to go alone. Take this with you.

Ever feel like people on these forums can't possibly understand how wrong they are? Feeling trolled? Don't get mad. Report Post.
Waves?
A rogue with a bowl of slop can be a controller. WIZARD PC: Can I substitute Celestial Roc Guano for my fireball spells? DM: Awesome. Yes. When in doubt, take action.... that's generally the best course. Even Sun Tsu knew that, and he didn't have internets.

Here, here's a cold wet fish.  Slap him with it.

Does identify tell the command word? Or just tell what the cloak does? My group is pretty liberal with the Identify spell so I'm not as familar with it. LOL... if you can't figure it out, offer it as a bribe to the orcs. TELL him it makes him invincible. Better yet, tell ALL the orcs that it makes you invincible and let them fight over it.
A rogue with a bowl of slop can be a controller. WIZARD PC: Can I substitute Celestial Roc Guano for my fireball spells? DM: Awesome. Yes. When in doubt, take action.... that's generally the best course. Even Sun Tsu knew that, and he didn't have internets.
It's dangerous to go alone. Take this with you.

Nice hammer. Nice quote about the humans, also.
"Breaking Waves"?

Breaking Wind?

TIDAL WAVES??
Border between land and sea: Coast ?

doesn't sounds like you have enough information to reliably get the correct answer.  But what is stopping you from compiling a list and attempting every combination of words you can think of?

coast Line
beach sand
crashing waves
tidal waves

Yeah.....I'll stop there, there are a lot of them, get more clues from your DM.
"The great epochs of our life come when we gain the courage to rechristen our evil as what is best in us." - Friedrich Nietzsche
I'd probably sell it and say that my ADD kicked in and I got bored with figuring out a dumb riddle.
I'd probably sell it and say that my ADD kicked in and I got bored with figuring out a dumb riddle.

That would be tempting for me as well.  If something is more annoying than useful, I usually discard it.