Destructive Surprise Attack

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
I always took the power as being, in effect, a ramped-up version of Direct the Strike, but a friend of mine has made a strange argument with regards to the power.

The base ability allows the use of Destructive Surprise attack, but the actual attack granted has odd wording:

Requirement: The power Destructive Surprise must be active in order to use this power.

I don't really understand what that requirement means, and my friend's argument is that, since Destructive Surprise never gives a duration, a Warlord could grant someone the use of the Attack Power, and they can use it at any time during the encounter.

So how does this power actually work?      

"You can always judge a man by the quality of his enemies." -The Doctor, Remembrance of the Daleks
The requirement line is a formatting error in the builder/compendium. Check the source, dragon 384. It functions just like commander's strike or direct the strike, the ally immediately makes the attack the power grants.
Excellent, thank you.
"You can always judge a man by the quality of his enemies." -The Doctor, Remembrance of the Daleks