Let's make some crazily overpowered green card for Vintage?

18 posts / 0 new
Last post

I want to make some green cards that are strong enough to actually see play in Vintage, but not broken to a level that will surpas the power 9... and may actually be balanced in standard with careful design... 

To avoid making vastly undercosted cards, they probably need to have cmc of 3-4 and be casted in Vintage with the help of moxen...

This is what I am thinking:

De-civilization
World Enchantment
Artifacts lose all abilities.
Spells you control can't be countered by blue spells.

Overgrown Landscape
World Enchantment
Nonbasic lands and Islands are Forest.
Forests you control have ': Add to your mana pool.'

Natural Instinct
Instant
As an additional cost to cast Natural Instinct, pay 5 life.
Until end of turn, any player may play creature cards without paying their mana cost and as though they had flash.

Green already has Channel and Fastbond. And MaRo seems to think Killer Bees wrecked the game. But if we must...

Instinctive Knowledge

Instant

Draw three cards.

Learned about it from the ancestors.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Mark is just in love with the art for Killer Bees, that's all.

IMAGE(http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/1/1c/Spr_4p_389.png)

Mark is just in love with the art for Killer Bees, that's all.

Just like he's a vampire married to an elf, innit?

Quite the contrary, he hates giving green flying or ": ~ gets +1/+1 until EOT."
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
Green already has Channel and Fastbond. And MaRo seems to think Killer Bees wrecked the game. But if we must...

Instinctive Knowledge

Instant

Draw three cards.

Learned about it from the ancestors.

Hmm, I'd go for slightly different flavour text:

Where did you think the ancestors got it from?

But then I am a Green Supremicist. 
Something or another
Instant
Choose one - Counter target spell that targets a creature or spell you control; Or, add GGG to your mana pool, use this only to cast creature spells; Or, destroy target artifact.

Not overpowered in vintage, but seems nice.
Something or another
Instant
Choose one - Counter target spell that targets a creature or spell you control; Or, add GGG to your mana pool, use this only to cast creature spells; Or, exile destroy artifact.

exile destroy artifact Tongue Out
you really really hate artifacts

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
Something or another
Instant
Choose one - Counter target spell that targets a creature or spell you control; Or, add GGG to your mana pool, use this only to cast creature spells; Or, exile destroy artifact.

exile destroy artifact 
you really really hate artifacts

I had it at destroy, ninjaed it to exile, then ninjaed it back to destroy without taking out exile.
then ninjaed it to ninja but exile without destroy.

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
Shinobi of Stone
Instant
Target artifact creature in your hand gains Ninjutsu , where X is its converted mana cost minus three, until end of turn.

"Ninja this."
Lotus Trellis  
Creature- Wall
Defender
, Sacrifice Lotus Trellis: Add to your mana pool. 
0/1
Nixcoat Ooze
G
Creature - Ooze
Nixcoat Ooze can't be countered by spells or abilities.
Sacrifice Nixcoat Ooze: target creature spell can't be countered by spells or effects.
Whenever Nixcoat Ooze attacks or blocks, put a -1/-1 counter on it. 
3/2

i think this can be printable and not really Op 
Nixcoat Ooze
G
Creature - Ooze
Nixcoat Ooze can't be countered by spells or abilities.
Sacrifice Nixcoat Ooze: target creature spell can't be countered by spells or effects.
Whenever Nixcoat Ooze attacks or blocks, put a -1/-1 counter on it. 
3/2

i think this can be printable and not really Op 

ha
Given the dominance of artifact and blue spells in Vintage, an "usable" green card in Vintage must be able to hose artifact and/or blue spells to some degree, right?
oh well, or unless it is for mana acceleration...

Lotus Garden

Land

Lotus Garden enters the battlefield tapped unless you exile a green card from your hand.
, Sacrifice Lotus Garden: Add to your mana pool.
Hmm, I'd go for slightly different flavour text:

Where did you think the ancestors got it from?

But then I am a Green Supremicist. 

Yeah, but green actually reveres tradition and history even more than white and black. (And it shows: Green gets the best recursion in the game.)
139359831 wrote:
Not quite so dark ritual

Instant

Add , this mana doesn't go away at the end of any turn.

We learned from Phyrexia

"PEOPLE DO THINGS FOR A REASON"

- Dave Shedden

Purphoros' Tokens

Dimir all the way

Sylvan Restoration 
Sorcery
Put your graveyard on top of your library in any order.
Draw a card.