Doubt about opportunity attack

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hello guys, how are you?

My doubt is about opportunitty attacks: if I enter a adjacent square of a monster, will I receive a opportunity attack from this monster?

Thanks in advance,
John
Hello guys, how are you?

My doubt is about opportunitty attacks: if I enter a adjacent square of a monster, will I receive a opportunity attack from this monster?

Thanks in advance,
John

Only if you entered the square from a different square adjacent to the monster, and you did it by walking or running, rather than shifting.

Opportunity attacks are provoked by leaving a square without shifting while adjacent to an enemy (or within their reach, if they have threatening reach), even if you are going to a different square adjacent to the enemy. There are some monsters with powers and abilities that override this. For example, some monsters that mark you will be able to punish you for shifting while adjacent to them.

Got it man! Thanks a lot and plus thanks for answering so fast :D
If the creature has Threatening Reach (which is a special trait and is separate from simply having reach), you will provoke by moving up to the creature because you left a square that was threatened by the creature.
"Invokers are probably better round after round but Wizard dailies are devastating. Actually, devastating is too light a word. Wizard daily powers are soul crushing, encounter ending, havoc causing pieces of awesome." -AirPower25 Sear the Flesh, Purify the Soul; Harden the Heart, and Improve the Mind; Born of Blood, but Forged by Fire; The MECH warrior reaches perfection.
May I ask a related opporunity attack question?

If a player is moving out of a square that is adjacent to 2 or more enemies, can each enemy take their own OA?

May I ask a related opporunity attack question?

If a player is moving out of a square that is adjacent to 2 or more enemies, can each enemy take their own OA?

Yes.
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.
Gracias
Sign In to post comments