Azorius Detain Deluxe

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hello guys!

I recently made a deck centered around the detain mechanic that I considered playing. But I would like to hear some of your opinions about the deck and its playability before I start gathering the cards I don't have. Here is the deck:

Azorius Detain Deluxe

So what do you think?
Also if you have any suggestions on cards that I may need in my sideboard to counter specific threats I would appreciate help with that too.
I'm still very new to the game. Just coming back after a LONG hiatus. What about Oblivion Ring or Detention Sphere?
I'm still very new to the game. Just coming back after a LONG hiatus. What about Oblivion Ring or Detention Sphere?

Those are both good cards, I thought about them but didn't include them in this first draft. That may change though and I will probably put some in the sideboard at least.

Any other thoughts? Does anybody have any experiences playing a similar deck? How good would this deck be against other decks in standard right now?
So it isn't entirely unplayable, right? ;)

Any suggestions for sideboard options?
I would definately add some oblivion ring and/or detention sphere  
The only advantage I can see to this deck is that your opponent will likely commit Japanese ritual suicide if they lose game 1 to it, giving you a match win.

So the concept/deck isn't any good then? Can I make it good or is it not worth trying? If so, why is it so bad?
add more blink effects (like your Navigator) to re-use your detain creatures. fencing ace is AWESOME and could make great use of your equipment
I play a detain deck as well and I always run into a problem against aggro decks.  I found that board wipes work quite well in my detain deck.  Might want to look into that.  The way I see it, you can always detain the big guys that people like to use, their "win conditions."  But when you are only detaining 1 to 2 permanents per turn that can be a problem when someone is pumping out creatures rapidly.   I found Terminus to work quite well.