For the Dragon Magazine #416 Can we get some crafting?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
417* im tired lol

Crafting is something that seems to have been neglected in 4e...having at least some expansion upon this from an offical stand point would be nice...Although im not sure how it would be implemented at this point in the life of 4e perhaps it could be placed into 5e.The only real effect on combat i could see is if they allowed some slight bonuses to say refineing armor or weapons for a +1 bonus or something. So what do you think, are you sad to not see crafting? would you have wished they did something with it? Discuss below. Its really more of a character thing than anything else...
417* im tired lol

Crafting is something that seems to have been neglected in 4e...having at least some expansion upon this from an offical stand point would be nice...Although im not sure how it would be implemented at this point in the life of 4e perhaps it could be placed into 5e.The only real effect on combat i could see is if they allowed some slight bonuses to say refineing armor or weapons for a +1 bonus or something. So what do you think, are you sad to not see crafting? would you have wished they did something with it? Discuss below. Its really more of a character thing than anything else...

Enchant Magical Item

Disenchant Magical Item

Transfer Enchantment

Brew Potion

Alchemy Rules

Forge Item

What more do you want? The skills you ask for formed the basis of CraPPer (CraftProfessionPerform) in previous editions. In order to have a semi-realistic grounding in any or,  Ao forbid, several of these skills, you needed to sacrifice most or all of the skills that you can use while performing your primary occupation, which is adventuring. In order to have roleplaying depth, you needed to eschew effectiveness in the field.

The background system plus page 42 plus the above Rituals and Martial Practices fill all the roles that CraPPer used to take up, at no or very little cost to your character. The Rituals and Martial Practice noted above are available to any character at the coat of a Feat and some gold. Now you can be a well rounded character AND and adventurer. This does not have to be a campaign defining choice any more.

No one has yet made a persuasive argument for the return of CraPPer skills

Edit: As an experienced 4E DM, and a veteran DM of every previous edition of D&D and several other gaming systems, I will be happy to answer your questions about how to make 4E work for every aspect of CraPPer that you need help with.

417* im tired lol

Enchant Magical Item

Disenchant Magical Item

Transfer Enchantment

Brew Potion

Alchemy Rules

Forge Item

What more do you want? The skills you ask for formed the basis of CraPPer (CraftProfessionPerform) in previous editions. In order to have a semi-realistic grounding in any or,  Ao forbid, several of these skills, you needed to sacrifice most or all of the skills that you can use while performing your primary occupation, which is adventuring. In order to have roleplaying depth, you needed to eschew effectiveness in the field.

The background system plus page 42 plus the above Rituals and Martial Practices fill all the roles that CraPPer used to take up, at no or very little cost to your character. The Rituals and Martial Practice noted above are available to any character at the coat of a Feat and some gold. Now you can be a well rounded character AND and adventurer. This does not have to be a campaign defining choice any more.

No one has yet made a persuasive argument for the return of CraPPer skills

Edit: As an experienced 4E DM, and a veteran DM of every previous edition of D&D and several other gaming systems, I will be happy to answer your questions about how to make 4E work for every aspect of CraPPer that you need help with.

Wait...theres Forge item? Wheres that...

Forge Armor and Forge Weapon are Martial Practices, introduced in Martial Power 2, and allow you to craft basic (+1) Magic weapons and armor.

Forge Armor and Forge Weapon are Martial Practices, introduced in Martial Power 2, and allow you to craft basic (+1) Magic weapons and armor.

So...as a bard how would i get martial powers
So...as a bard how would i get martial practices?

Either multiclass into a martial class, or play the Skald bard sub-class from Heroes of the Feywild. Then take the Practiced Study feat from Martial Power 2.
Sign In to post comments