Niv-Mizzet Dracogenius

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
A few of my mates and I got into a small debate as to what the ruling was regarding Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius.  If I attack using Niv and he deals 5 damage to the opponent how many cards would I draw?

Excluding his secondary ability to tap for Red & Blue: deal 1 damage to target player.

Cheers
Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius let's you draw 1 card every time he deals damage, no matter for how much
proud member of the 2011 community team
Cheers, thanks!
Excluding his secondary ability to tap for Red & Blue: deal 1 damage to target player.

For the record, Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius's second ability doesn't tap him. You may use it however many times you can pay the two mana

For the record, Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius's second ability doesn't tap him. You may use it however many times you can pay the two mana

For the record, you are referring to the third ability.

when he attacks you will draw only 1 card. you draw a card WHEN he deals damage, not for every damage he deals. dealing combat damage is one set phase, so you wouldn't get to draw more than 1 card when he attacks. but when you use his 3rd ability, you will draw a card EVERY time you use it. no matter how many times you use his 3rd ability, they will resolve independently, allowing you to draw more than 1 card. does that help explain a little better?

~Your either my puppet or my matchstick~

color preferences (1st is fav and so on):

198732583 wrote:
Oh Ajani seems to like Elpheth's milk, meow.
Unless you give him double strike!
STEP 1: Find your cousin STEP 2: Get your cousin in the cannon STEP: 3 Find another cousin

this is true

~Your either my puppet or my matchstick~

color preferences (1st is fav and so on):

198732583 wrote:
Oh Ajani seems to like Elpheth's milk, meow.

this is true

So is this.

this is true

So is this.

Double true.

cheers for the clairification on my new favourite commander card.