Vexing Devil with Planeswalkers and Loxodon Smiterwith Discarding from Deck Questions?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
First, if I play Vexing Devil and my opponent controls a planeswalker, can the planeswalker take the damage?

Second, if my opponent uses a card to discard cards from the top of my deck and Loxodon Smiter is discarded from the top of my deck, would Loxodon Smiter be put onto the battlefield?  

Thanks
Not sure on the first one, but the second is No.  Discard ONLY means 'from the hand to the graveyard'.  Cards moved directly from the library to the graveyard (colloquially known as 'milled') are not discarded, so Loxodon Smiter will not go onto the battlefield.
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.
First, if I play Vexing Devil and my opponent controls a planeswalker, can the planeswalker take the damage?

Yes, if your opponent chooses to be dealt 4 damage, and then you choose to redirect it.
Second, if my opponent uses a card to discard cards from the top of my deck and Loxodon Smiter is discarded from the top of my deck, would Loxodon Smiter be put onto the battlefield?  

Only cards in your hand can be discarded. There are no cards that say to discard the top card of a library.

Yes. If they accept the damage, you get to choose if the Walker gets it.

If I steal a hundred dollar from a loot of one thousand, people might notice;

If I steal a hundred dollar from a loot of one million, I might get away with it;

If I wish to steal even more and still go unnoticed, I need to make the loot bigger.

Now you know why taxes always go up.

Looting: ''the plundering of public assets by corrupt or greedy authorities'' (Wikipedia)

1. Assuming you mean the Devil's enter the battlefield trigger, yes. It is noncombat damage being dealt to an opponent, so you can choose to redirect it to a planeswalker they control.

2. No. You do not discard cards from the library. You can only discard from your hand. So the Smiter will go to the graveyard if it goes from your library to your graveyard.

Wizards.Com Boards Net Rep

DCI Level 2 Judge

Questions don't have to make sense, but answers do.