Key Rune Activation Question

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Do the keyrunes such as Rakdos Keyrune trigger `when X enters the battlefield` abilities such as on Garruk's Packleader and the various soulbond creatures?
Do the keyrunes such as Rakdos Keyrune trigger `when X enters the battlefield` abilities such as on Garruk's Packleader and the various soulbond creatures?

I would say no because they never entered the battlefield as creatures, they entered the battlefield and then became creatures.
Animating a Keyrune doesn't put anything onto the battlefield. The Keyrune is already on the battlefield; it's just changing some of its characteristics.

they could if there was a March of the Machines on the field and you just cast it and it just resolved and entered the field as an artifact creature, but under normal circumstances of just activating its ability, no, because it was already on the battlefield, it didn't leave and come back or anything like that, rather it just changed some of its characteristics.

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013  - If you have any concerns with my conduct as a judge, feel free to submit feedback here.
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out

Sign In to post comments