Awakener Druid question

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
I had a [C]Awakener Druid[/C] on the field and the resulting 4/5 creature it gives.  My son had a Jace out.  I went to deal damage to the Jace with both the druid and the land.  He blocked my 4/5, killing it which left the druid.  Now if he would have blocked the druid, wouldn't that have killed the 4/5 land also?  And since he blocked the 4/5 do I get another 4/5 out?  Thanks.
If he had blocked and killed the druid, the land would be okay -- but it would go back to being an ordinary land and not a 4/5 creature anymore.

You don't get to make another land a 4/5 if he blocked and killed the land.
it would not have killed the 4/5, it would have simply made it into an unanimated land (after damage has been dealt)
you do not get a new 4/5 now
proud member of the 2011 community team
Now if he would have blocked the druid, wouldn't that have killed the 4/5 land also?

If he had blocked the druid, the druid would have died, which causes the forest to cease to be a creature. Note that the forest does dea its 4 damage before this happens (all combat damage is dealt simultaneously, barring first strike or doublestrike), and the forest does not go to the graveyard.
And since he blocked the 4/5 do I get another 4/5 out?

No. Awakener's druid's ability only triggers when it enters the battlefield.
Thanks alot!
Sign In to post comments