Copy question

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
In order to still get the benefit of putting counters on Nivmagus Elemental and getting the spells effect, could I cast a spell, then, with say Nivix Guildmage, copy the spell, then exile the original to give the Elemental his counters
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
Yes, Nivmagus Elemental can exile copies of spells.
you can exile the copy or the original or both
if you exile the original be sure to wait until the copy ability has resolved and created the copy, otherwise it will be countered
proud member of the 2011 community team
Haha thanks. We just spent like 10 minutes trying to figure out how to make that card worth while
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
I suppose for two +1/+1 counters is worthwhile.

You could also use it to exile a spell that an opponent is going to counter anyways.

hmm. Precursor Golem and Xenograft selecting Golem and cast a spell at one of your creatures, HELLO COPIES! Meet Mr Nivmagus.

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out

*like* ^

Level 1 Judge as of 09/26/2013

Zammm = Batman

"Ability words are flavor text for Melvins." -- Fallingman

In order to still get the benefit of putting counters on Nivmagus Elemental and getting the spells effect, could I cast a spell, then, with say Nivix Guildmage, copy the spell, then exile the original to give the Elemental his counters

Just because I'm not entirely sure that the actual question got answered:

You may cast a spell (let's say Think Twice, for example), then copy the spell with Nivix Guildmage.  The copy of the spell will resolve before the original, letting you draw your card.  After the copy resolves, the original will still be on the stack, which can then be exiled with Nivmagus Elemental giving you your counters.

Rules Advisor