Any modern gems from RtR?

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
I don't see any threads discussing this here in the modern room.  So, what new cards have been making it into you decks?

My friend blew out my affinity deck with detention spheres last night and abrupt decay has foud a home in my Doran deck.
How fast is modern affinity?

I would think that Dryad Militant may have a spot in modern.  But I'm not sure. 
I first read Abrupt Decay as "destroy target Goyf"
Also Vandalblast can really ruin Affinity (also noticed while searching that Overload is also a destroy artifact card too, ha.)
I think Abrupt Decay and Deathrite Shaman are the most playable cards in Modern.

Rakdos Charm is great sideboard against Splinter Twin.  Izzet Charm will fit into most UR decks, depending on what can be cut.
Ash Zealot sees some play in Red burn.
Resident Piggles Zombie piggy is eatin' your sigs om nom nom (>*o*)>
MTG Card
Front: PigKnight, One Line Poster (3W) Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Vigilance When this creature dies, return him to play and transform him. (2/3) >(5/3)< Back: (Black)ZombiePiggles, Eater of Tomato Sauce Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Zombie Trample, Intimidate B: Regenerate this creature. When this creature is the target of a white spell, transform this creature. (5/3)

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/15.jpg)

deathrite shaman is making an appearance in a lot of deck at the pro tour this weekend, pick them up before they go to $20 each like every other rare form RtR seems to be doing.

Was gonna say, Deathrite Shaman is the loopiest for sure.  Soooo much PT play this weekend, and the commentators were just drooling all over it.  I expect Shaman to hit at least $15.  Just got eight of them at $6 each.  Weeeeee.

Definitely Abrupt Decay, as well.  Jund got some serious new toys. 

catowner wrote:
Welcome to 2012. Blue has the most efficient creatures, black has the all-in monocolored aggro deck, the most controlling deck in the format is green-red, control decks lose to aggro in attrition wars, and counterspells aren't an answer to fatties.
Islands wrote:
Pack Rat is like Bitterblossom and Tarmogoyf had a black baby.
Golgari Charm and Rakdos Charm are also very powerful enchantment and artifact removal, too. 
The mage formerly known as kedi. Team GFG - Goons From Ghana - Playing sweet decks since 2010 1:31 AM Nighthavk_: I'm actually playing B/r zombies 1:31 AM Battle7: nice 1:31 AM Nighthavk_: yeah it's pretty sweet really 1:31 AM Battle7: playing esper tokens 1:32 AM Nighthavk_: I like that deck 1:32 AM Battle7: it's sweet
deathrite shaman is making an appearance in a lot of deck at the pro tour this weekend, pick them up before they go to $20 each like every other rare form RtR seems to be doing.

Or you could do like everyone else does and wait for it to rotate so you can pick it up for less than 1/4 the price that standard drives prices up to.

God I hate t2.

I miss the old days.
I have a FOIL deathrite.

What now? 

Wait until it gets really valuable, then promise to trade it with someone for something ****, and then say that you're gonna bring it next time so you can trade. Then have your cat rip it to shreds.

Guy in my old playgroup did that with a Jace TMS. Stoner, didn't know what it was worth. Just giggled slightly when he was told.
I have a FOIL deathrite.

What now? 

Give it to me for my cube. I'll even let you sign it.

Then we can cube :D 

(at)MrEnglish22

I have a FOIL deathrite.

What now? 

Give it to me for my cube. I'll even let you sign it.

Then we can cube :D 

I'll probably never meet you...

Well you should come meet me then! :D

Seriously, I wanna cube... 

(at)MrEnglish22

Sign In to post comments