10/19/2012 LD: "Guilds Divided"

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's Latest Developments, which goes live Friday morning on magicthegathering.com.
I am a bit disappointed you just went and put the information on RTR draft archetypes out there, making it harder for me in drafts to prey upon decks that are all over the place.

I am a bit disappointed you just went and put the information on RTR draft archetypes out there, making it harder for me in drafts to prey upon decks that are all over the place.

"Waaah! Less one sided wins for me, instead of fun engaging matches, you suck wizards!" hehehe you're funny :D

Although considering how few people actually visit this site, especially the less experienced, I'm sure you have nothing to worry about :P

I wouldn't worry too much. The format's already old enough on MtGO that anyone who's actually been drafting the set knows all of this already.

Besides, I venture to suggest that at least two of the ten main alleged archetypes discussed aren't actually draftable. Cool

Wait, R&D expected the color pair that gets the fewest creatures to be the swarm deck? Seriously?

Man, Izzet is such a disaster in this set.

"Waaah! Less one sided wins for me, instead of fun engaging matches, you suck wizards!" hehehe you're funny :D

Although considering how few people actually visit this site, especially the less experienced, I'm sure you have nothing to worry about :P

I wasn't completely serious. But yeah, there was a tiny bit of "Come on, let people do their own exploration!" in my post.

And yeah, I have yet to see working Izzet aggro (or working mono-Izzet anything).
Wait, R&D expected the color pair that gets the fewest creatures to be the swarm deck? Seriously?

Man, Izzet is such a disaster in this set.

Dedicated Izzet just seems to have to be so lucky. If you don't open the right cards I imagine it'll be quite hard to beat even medicore versions of the other guilds. The ranking so far seems:

1. All non-izzet guilds (they do seem pretty well balanced)

5. Izzet

Myths of Theros: Part 1, Part 2, Born of the Gods Myths

Beta Client, "Shiny", V4.0 tutorial

Momir Basic Primer

I have only played RTR Limited a few times. Two of those times I used Izzet (once at prerelease, once in a draft) and won the whole thing both times. It's not that hard to find a few cheap creatures and a few flying creatures to make a deck with dynacharge as one possible win condition.
Sign In to post comments