Reanimating Rakdos for profit

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
I was browsing through gatherer and I noticed that it had been ruled that you could bring Rakdos onto the field even if your opponent had not lost life that turn using means other than casting him.
Does this now becom a viable strategy to help you hardcast some of your threats?
Griselbrand would now "only" BBBB assuming you get to swing in with Rakdos, Thragtusk gets costed down to G.

Magical Christmas land plan:
Turn one: Overgrown Tomb, Arbor Elf
Turn two:Woodland Cemetary, Flashback rites and reanimate Rakdos.
Turn four: Swing with Rakdos and profit!

Basically I am wondering if someone has tried it and if so how it worked out.
Or if there is something that I'm not seeing that makes this a terrible plan.

Also, are there any other good creatures other than those two in G/B worth hard casting this way? Craterhoof Behemouth ? Soul of the Harvest?

Thanks in advance
Why wouldn't you want to rites Angel or Grislebrand? 

To have an excuse to use Rakdos?

The other, more likely option, is that it gives you the possiblity of actually playing the reanimator fat that ends up in your hand. 

(at)MrEnglish22

The other, more likely option, is that it gives you the possiblity of actually playing the reanimator fat that ends up in your hand. 

It also gives you a way for your deck to still be able get around Rest in Peace  if they don't  draw it by turn 3 once it comes out of their sideboard for game 2. Obviously you've got  Abrupt decay to deal with the enchanment once it hits the board and possibly duress if it's still in their hand.
However, once it's hit the board, you have no graveyard so forget about pitching stuff there for rites or ever using the flashback on rites.

It also gives you a way for your deck to still be able get around Rest in Peace  if they don't  draw it by turn 3 once it comes out of their sideboard for game 2. Obviously you've got  Abrupt decay to deal with the enchanment once it hits the board and possibly duress if it's still in their hand.
However, once it's hit the board, you have no graveyard so forget about pitching stuff there for rites or ever using the flashback on rites.

Okay... so they play Rest in Peace, and you're like "check out this awesome Rakdos... I just need to get it out of my hand."

How do you do that? 

Your RiP argument isn't really all that great, as it applies to the entire Reanimator deck, and Rakdos doesn't really have a chance to be hardcast like your other bombs do.

(at)MrEnglish22